Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Jayden Wayne, 2023 5* DE/OLB, Tacoma (Lincoln), WA (Offered 8/10/20)

Comments

• TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,800
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    thechatch said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

Tequilla said:

So have we invented lightspeed travel or is this kid going to spend a couple hours at each school?

To get from Bama to Auburn to Georgia to Clemson is probably less than a 4 hour drive between each school. Getting from UW to Bama is a trek.
    It’s taking a red eye to Atlanta and driving 3-4 hours to Bama ... then a few hours to Auburn ... probably 4+ hours to Georgia ... couple hours to Clemson ... then a few hours back to the airport and home

Getting a visit the first day visits are allowed is a positive for me.

To the extent that UW shows it has a similar/better infrastructure it’s a fresh comparison
    You're overshooting a bit here unless you're projecting a lot of stops. Auburn to UGA is 3 hours flat. Clemson's less than an hour and a half from Athens and just over two hours from the airport in ATL (ATL traffic permitting of course).

They definitely planned out the driving well, the order of all these stops makes sense.
    SEC driving superiority guy ^^
    I've been all those places except Auburn, can't imagine I'll be checking that one off the list anytime ever.
    Total drive starting from Atlanta and back to Atlanta is 12 hours. How many pac-12 schools can someone hit with 12 hours of driving?
    Don’t think you can do more than 4
    In California 4 and maybe oregon schools. Starting from Washington? maybe 4 probably 3.
    May be able to do Arizona schools and SoCal schools

I think you’re right that you can do the 4 California schools

You can only do the I-5 part of the PNW schools - Wazzu is too far East
    You can go WSU to UW to the Oregon schools in under 12.

I played around on Google maps and 4 was the most. It’s either the Cali (ILTCICIWILTD) schools, the PNW, or L.A. schools plus Arizona.

I didn’t bother checking Arizona to Utah & Colorado.
    Seattle to Eugene is about 6 hours ... the triangle Seattle-Eugene-Pullman has to be more than 12 given that Seattle to Pullman is 4+
    Seattle to Eugene is 4.5 hrs.

True ... that said I don’t think I’ve ever made that drive without getting swallowed up going through Portland at minimum
  • CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,704
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

Tequilla said:

So have we invented lightspeed travel or is this kid going to spend a couple hours at each school?

To get from Bama to Auburn to Georgia to Clemson is probably less than a 4 hour drive between each school. Getting from UW to Bama is a trek.
    It’s taking a red eye to Atlanta and driving 3-4 hours to Bama ... then a few hours to Auburn ... probably 4+ hours to Georgia ... couple hours to Clemson ... then a few hours back to the airport and home

To the extent that UW shows it has a similar/better infrastructure it’s a fresh comparison
    You're overshooting a bit here unless you're projecting a lot of stops. Auburn to UGA is 3 hours flat. Clemson's less than an hour and a half from Athens and just over two hours from the airport in ATL (ATL traffic permitting of course).

They definitely planned out the driving well, the order of all these stops makes sense.
    I've been all those places except Auburn, can't imagine I'll be checking that one off the list anytime ever.
    Total drive starting from Atlanta and back to Atlanta is 12 hours. How many pac-12 schools can someone hit with 12 hours of driving?
    In California 4 and maybe oregon schools. Starting from Washington? maybe 4 probably 3.

I played around on Google maps and 4 was the most. It’s either the Cali (ILTCICIWILTD) schools, the PNW, or L.A. schools plus Arizona.

Seattle to Eugene is about 6 hours ... the triangle Seattle-Eugene-Pullman has to be more than 12 given that Seattle to Pullman is 4+
    Google Maps disagrees with you. You are correct though about round trip tims.

• SourcesSources Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,793
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Tequilla said:

dnc said:

Tequilla said:

I think I drove effectively just south of Auburn to the airport and it was 2.5 to 3 hours and I know Athens is east ... may have started further south of Auburn than I thought as it was a while ago

By and large there shouldn’t be more than a 3-4 hour drive between any of the stops and all easy to get to after the stop the prior day
    Not technically gifted writing
  • chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,586
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    thechatch said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

Tequilla said:

Ha! In your dreams. Six hours. Count on it.
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,480
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

This is officially the worst thread on this bored

rather easily.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Tusc Town Tuff!
  • QuietcowskeeQuietcowskee Member Posts: 3,059
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes

You think that’s accurate with all the Sr. Louis traffic??
  • LogisticsLogistics Member Posts: 110
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

dnc said:

dnc said:

Tequilla said:

This question is probably best answered by @Logistics.
    Your question answers itself, sir.
  • TTJTTJ Member Posts: 4,795
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited May 2021
    Take a West Coast kid and drag him on a punishing road trip through the Deep South?

• thechatchthechatch Member Posts: 5,483
    chuck said:

thechatch said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

Tequilla said:

2:45 Seattle to Portland
    1:45 Portland to Eugene

Source: Me driving it a half dozen times a year for a decade. To make that trip 6hrs you’d have to be hitting SouthCenter and JBLM traffic on I-5.
    Swaye's Wigwam
    thechatch said:

chuck said:

thechatch said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

Tequilla said:

Source: Me driving it a half dozen times a year for a decade. To make that trip 6hrs you’d have to be hitting SouthCenter and JBLM traffic on I-5.
    OK.
    chuck said:

thechatch said:

chuck said:

thechatch said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

Tequilla said:

OK.
    It is more than just ok.

It is correct.

HTH
  • RealRhinoRealRhino Member Posts: 615
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Hey, great fucking thread. Let's just get this guy, not make a road trip mixtape for him.
  • dannarcdannarc Member Posts: 2,244
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment

Damn near a 40hr work week! Didn't know Saban paid by the hour....FTG
  • SourcesSources Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,793
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    RealRhino said:

Hey, great fucking thread. Let's just get this guy, not make a road trip mixtape for him.

Did you even think about what he'll be getting for Christmas?
    Swaye's Wigwam
    chuck said:

thechatch said:

chuck said:

thechatch said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

Tequilla said:

OK.
    I've driven back and forth from pdx to Seattle and odx to Eugene a million times each. You allow 3.5 to Seattle and 2.5 to Eugene. Yes, you may beat that, but you can't count on it.
    chuck said:

chuck said:

thechatch said:

chuck said:

thechatch said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

Tequilla said:

OK.
    I've driven back and forth from pdx to Seattle and odx to Eugene a million times each. You allow 3.5 to Seattle and 2.5 to Eugene. Yes, you may beat that, but you can't count on it.
    A million?

Seems high.