Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

PM @logistics (aka share your supply chain horror stories)

YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,052
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
Swaye's Wigwam
edited May 2022 in Tug Tavern

Comments

• Options
    BearsWiinBearsWiin Member Posts: 4,948
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    We just ordered a modular kayak from Point 65 that is back-ordered until late May
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    BearsWiin said:

We just ordered a modular kayak from Point 65 that is back-ordered until late May

Doesn't look very seaworthy.

Did you know most of the 8 man shells in Europe are modular? Too hard to maneuver a truck trailer around with a full length 63 foot racing shell .
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

So I've been needing to get a new mt bike to keep up with the Jone's here in White Wakanda. The shoppe manager tells me, uhm yeah, you're probably not getting the bike you want till 2022.

A few days later, Mrs Snow, who decided doing a full kitchen remodel in the middle of a supply chain cluster fuck, tells me we gotta get the range, fridge and dishwasher lined up NOW because they are all back ordered for 3 + months. Hell hath no furry like a woman with a 17 year old kitchen.

Pray for Yella.

@Logistics is our logistics guy. You're asking the right person. We are FULL SERVICE here in the Finance Club.
  • Options

BearsWiin said:

Doesn't look very seaworthy.

Did you know most of the 8 man shells in Europe are modular? Too hard to maneuver a truck trailer around with a full length 63 foot racing shell .
    Not interested in ocean kayaking, too many juvenile great whites in the bay that don't know the difference between a human and a sea lion

Been spending a lot of time kayaking with the wife at Elkhorn Slough near Moss Landing lately, decided to upgrade the equipment
  • Options
    spudenspuden Member Posts: 353

So I've been needing to get a new mt bike to keep up with the Jone's here in White Wakanda. The shoppe manager tells me, uhm yeah, you're probably not getting the bike you want till 2022.

A few days later, Mrs Snow, who decided doing a full kitchen remodel in the middle of a supply chain cluster fuck, tells me we gotta get the range, fridge and dishwasher lined up NOW because they are all back ordered for 3 + months. Hell hath no furry like a woman with a 17 year old kitchen.

Pray for Yella.

Check out used bikes on Pinkbike. Pretty robust classifieds section for mountain bikes. Recent model year used bikes are really holding their value right now. You may pay as much as a new bike, but sometimes you have to pay to play. Depending on what you want to spend, consider a custom bike. Oregon is the land of custom bike builders. Custom might be right up your alley since I garner from here you’re a tall drink of water. Also, if you’re mostly going to ride fire roads but not too technical of stuff, consider a gravel bike with drop bars.
  • Options
    dfleadflea Member Posts: 7,221
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

Pray for Yella.

You poor bastard.

I lived through a kitchen remodel once.

Not doing it again.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,957
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

At the brothel, my madam has basically had to shift her focus to dealing with vendors all day. Because many manufacturers shut down completely during COVID, once production finally ramped backed up there weren’t enough raw materials or hours in the day to meet the pent up demand. And even if by some miracle the vendor pulled it off, they’re competing with everyone else for trucks, boat containers, freight carriers...

...so it’s going to be several weeks before we see those new sex swings. Even with paying high expedite fees.

ok - well, speaking of side hustles in another thread......

• Options
    Doog_de_JourDoog_de_Jour Member Posts: 7,958
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

At the brothel, my madam has basically had to shift her focus to dealing with vendors all day. Because many manufacturers shut down completely during COVID, once production finally ramped backed up there weren’t enough raw materials or hours in the day to meet the pent up demand. And even if by some miracle the vendor pulled it off, they’re competing with everyone else for trucks, boat containers, freight carriers...

...so it’s going to be several weeks before we see those new sex swings. Even with paying high expedite fees.

ok - well, speaking of side hustles in another thread......

It’s serious stuff. With the Bitcoin mining we’re having a tough time getting computer components...which put a serious dent in our webcam/online video steaming business.
  • Options

spuden said:

Pray for Yella.

Check out used bikes on Pinkbike. Pretty robust classifieds section for mountain bikes. Recent model year used bikes are really holding their value right now. You may pay as much as a new bike, but sometimes you have to pay to play. Depending on what you want to spend, consider a custom bike. Oregon is the land of custom bike builders. Custom might be right up your alley since I garner from here you’re a tall drink of water. Also, if you’re mostly going to ride fire roads but not too technical of stuff, consider a gravel bike with drop bars.
    In a perfect world @spuden I'd have both a Mt Bike and Gravel Bike. But alas I don't have the room. Looking for nice 29" XC mt bike which is lightweight and not a ton of travel (still want front and back suspension). Was looking at The Specialized EVO which is like $3800 new. The XL will fit my 6'6" lanky ass; I don't need custom.

I might poke around at used but I have still have a 33 hard tail titanium (custom made my Merlin) Mt Bike to fuck around on. And my road bike is in great shape for being 15 years old. Didn't get a ton of use in Seattle cause I hate being a jerk like @BennyBeaver and blocking traffic.
    Leave!s Seattle for Bend, still doesn't have enough room for two bikes
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    BearsWiin said:

spuden said:

Pray for Yella.

In a perfect world @spuden I'd have both a Mt Bike and Gravel Bike. But alas I don't have the room. Looking for nice 29" XC mt bike which is lightweight and not a ton of travel (still want front and back suspension). Was looking at The Specialized EVO which is like $3800 new. The XL will fit my 6'6" lanky ass; I don't need custom.

I might poke around at used but I have still have a 33 hard tail titanium (custom made my Merlin) Mt Bike to fuck around on. And my road bike is in great shape for being 15 years old. Didn't get a ton of use in Seattle cause I hate being a jerk like @BennyBeaver and blocking traffic.
    I have 2 bikes already. My wife has 2 bikes. My kids each have a bike. Plus skis, snow boards, fishing gear, inner tubes, SUPs etc etc. And I still can fit two cars in the garage. That I can't fit 2 more bikes (8 total) is not an indictment of my standard of living.
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    BearsWiin said:

spuden said:

Pray for Yella.

Instead of given Yella bike storage grief, you should be commenting on my varsity blues thread and lampooning the ever loving shit out of USC and their embarrassing habit of being bought and paid for.
  • Options
    BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,341
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    I'm living is a supply chain nightmare every day right now.

Here is the Acts of God/Force Majeure Tote Bored:

Fires: 2
    Earthquakes: 2
    Volcano eruptions: 2
    Severe winterstorm: 1
    Global pandemic: 1
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,264
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

I'm living is a supply chain nightmare every day right now.

Here is the Acts of God/Force Majeure Tote Bored:

Fires: 2
    Earthquakes: 2
    Volcano eruptions: 2
    Severe winterstorm: 1
    Global pandemic: 1