Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Me So Horny

Comments

• Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

OZONE said:

OZONE said:

Swaye said:

I think it's pretty cool. And for all you split tails whining, they give game tags to keep the population healthy. It isn't a fucking free for all. But don't let facts get in the way of a good Greenpeace rant.

Bullshit. They sell game tags to rich foreigners to line their corrupt pockets.

But don't let the facts get in the way of a good NRA rant.
    Boom. Mother fucking fatality.
    So you didn't do any reading or research. Good to know. Gotta love bumper sticker activism.

Seriously. You really don't care about increasing healthy populations of these species. All you care about is how you are perceived by other shallow people who don't take the time to really understand problems and their solutions.

There is so much unbiased research out there it's embarrassing you would argue this shit.

This is obviously from an NRA shrill:

environmentmagazine.org/Archives/Back%20Issues/2011/July-August%202011/exploitation-or-conservation-full.html

There is work to be done and it's not perfect, but overall, the economic and environmental benefits of trophy hunting certainly outweigh the negatives.
    Hey look, you found a publication with a circulation of 3000 that supports your view that imperialist owned hunting ranches in Africa are good for the "environment".

Holy fuck.

You probably also think this is a good example of free enterprise and "capitalism".

How stupid are you?
    There are many unbiased articles on this topic. Your use of a trite logical fallacy is no surprise here. A thinking person can easily see that hunting can enhance conservation. But some of you Fucktards have trouble thinking beyond the "poor animal". It's not that hard to figure out. Give it a try.

OBK still won't do the research. He'd rather simply hang on to his uninformed opinion.

I don't own guns or hunt and do find it distasteful, but looking at the bigger picture the benefits outweigh that.
    You realize how fucking ridiculous it is for you to say that right? Remember when we argued over single parents and you hadn't read a single paper one the issue? When I asked you to back up your claims you linked an insane mens rights website that had ties to a holocaust denial website.

OBK is a dope. You are intelligent. But you're not interested in doing the research either. You like to know just enough to confirm your position, not the bigger picture.
    So far you've provided nothing in this thread so why are you even here? You're gay right, wouldn't you rather be pounding your boyfriend in the ass? You're merely here to suck Damone's dick. You're doing a good job of it, but it makes you look foolish.
    Stay in the kiddie pool OBK, you're in way over your head here.
  • Options
    oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited July 2014
    You're annoying because to dispute you one must first read through the lengthy articles you post, which I assume are your positions. I actually read this one all the way through. I may have to change my position because the logic makes sense. But I don't believe the endangered species trophy hunters themselves really give a shit about conservation. They are just bastard fucks with money to burn. But if their money can be taken from them and used to do the opposite of what their dirty work accomplishes - increase the population of an endangered species by making it economically lucrative for the locals to participate in their preservation, it may be better in the long run, as long as the rhinos don't become like cattle that are 'owned' by individuals. But it doesn't change my disdain for individuals like this attention seeking whore who glorifies the killing of these animals.

And APAG is just a chimp who rides on your bandwagon.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

You're annoying because to dispute you one must first read through the lengthy articles you post, which I assume are your positions. I actually read this one all the way through. I may have to change my position because the logic makes sense. But I don't believe the endangered species trophy hunters themselves really give a shit about conservation. They are just bastard fucks with money to burn. But if their money can be taken from them and used to do the opposite of what their dirty work accomplishes - increase the population of an endangered species by making it economically lucrative for the locals to participate in their preservation, it may be better in the long run, as long as the rhinos don't become like cattle that are 'owned' by individuals. But it doesn't change my disdain for individuals like this attention seeking whore who glorifies the killing of these animals.

At least you're willing to change your mind when you get some info. That's all I'm trying to help you with.

Some trophy hunters probably do give a shit about conservation and some probably don't. Calling them "rich bastards" makes you sound jealous and petty. Stop that.

I have said all along I distain killing the animals, but can look past that to see the how it can be used. Yes, it would be best for the animals if there were no people around at all to fuck with them..but that ship has sailed. I find it very arrogant to sit over here in the USA and think that people who are poorer than the poorest persons we have ever seen in this country need to cater to our sensibilities.

And I think you misread APAG.
  • Options
    BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,333
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    While I don't agree with killing these amazing creatures for "sport," I'm not going to pass judgment on the countries, municipalities, etc for doing what they judge is "best" with their resources.

I am going to pass judgment on the cunt in these photos. While I'd gladly give her a pounding with my 2" of thunder, she needs to DIAFF. Media whore cunt.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    TheGlove said:

While I don't agree with killing these amazing creatures for "sport," I'm not going to pass judgment on the countries, municipalities, etc for doing what they judge is "best" with their resources.

I am going to pass judgment on the cunt in these photos. While I'd gladly give her a pounding with my 2" of thunder, she needs to DIAFF. Media whore cunt.

You sound a outraged. Does this have legs? Who the fuck cares? First world problems. You'll be over it soon when the next thing the media puts in front of you to fire you up.
  • Options
    edited July 2014

TheGlove said:

You sound a outraged. Does this have legs? Who the fuck cares? First world problems. You'll be over it soon when the next thing the media a bored troll puts in front of you to fire you up.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited July 2014
    One more thing. Did you find teachers or professors "annoying" when they asked you to read and do research in order to support your conclusions?
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

TheGlove said:

You sound a outraged. Does this have legs? Who the fuck cares? First world problems. You'll be over it soon when the next thing the media a bored troll puts in front of you to fire you up.
    You're free to ignore it.
  • Options
    edited July 2014

One more thing. Did you find teachers or professors "annoying" when they asked you to read and do research in order to support your conclusions?

Only the ones that made students read and buy books/writing packets that were authored by themselves. I found that to be really annoying and in poor taste.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Only the ones that made students read and buy books/writing packets that were authored by themselves. I found that to be really annoying and in poor taste.
    That's why I cite sources and not have you take my opinion at face value.
  • Options

That's why I cite sources and not have you take my opinion at face value.
    Clearly you gallop into your battles well prepared.
  • Options
    OZONEOZONE Member Posts: 2,510
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper
    This thread has become boring. It is all pretty simple.

Sport hunting is for pussies. Period.

Killing game on US soil, for sport, is bad enough, but flying to mother fucking Africa to kill lions and rhinos is worse. It just is.

Who gives a fuck what some professor's site, with 3000 followers, says about hunting being good for the herd... was it a peer reviewed, double blind study?

It is just posturing by a descendent of the imperialist class trying to justify the fact that wealthy americans are flying to a 3rd world country, and paying to kill their game.

When a wealthy american buys a tag to kill a lion, it is called (by some) making the heard stronger.

When a poor farmer in Kenya kills a lion, to protect his flock, it is called poaching.

Can't you dumb fuckers see that this is just a vestige of imperialism?

• Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    OZONE said:

Killing game on US soil, for sport, is bad enough, but flying to mother fucking Africa to kill lions and rhinos is worse. It just is.

Who gives a fuck what some professor's site, with 3000 followers, says about hunting being good for the herd... was it a peer reviewed, double blind study?

It is just posturing by a descendent of the imperialist class trying to justify the fact that wealthy americans are flying to a 3rd world country, and paying to kill their game.

When a wealthy american buys a tag to kill a lion, it is called (by some) making the heard stronger.

When a poor farmer in Kenya kills a lion, to protect his flock, it is called poaching.

You are more obsessed with imperialism than AOG is with alums coaching at their alma mater.

• Options
    OZONEOZONE Member Posts: 2,510
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper
    edited July 2014
    dnc said:

OZONE said:

You are more obsessed with imperialism than AOG is with alums coaching at their alma mater.

Maybe. Maybe not.

It really just sounds that way because a few here need to be lectured about it to offset their glaring ignorance on the subject.

Regardless, doesn't make what I wrote any less true.
  • Options
    Dick_BDick_B Member Posts: 1,301
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Testing 1

OZONE said:

OZONE said:

Swaye said:

I think it's pretty cool. And for all you split tails whining, they give game tags to keep the population healthy. It isn't a fucking free for all. But don't let facts get in the way of a good Greenpeace rant.

Bullshit. They sell game tags to rich foreigners to line their corrupt pockets.

But don't let the facts get in the way of a good NRA rant.
    Boom. Mother fucking fatality.
    So you didn't do any reading or research. Good to know. Gotta love bumper sticker activism.

Seriously. You really don't care about increasing healthy populations of these species. All you care about is how you are perceived by other shallow people who don't take the time to really understand problems and their solutions.

There is so much unbiased research out there it's embarrassing you would argue this shit.

This is obviously from an NRA shrill:

environmentmagazine.org/Archives/Back%20Issues/2011/July-August%202011/exploitation-or-conservation-full.html

There is work to be done and it's not perfect, but overall, the economic and environmental benefits of trophy hunting certainly outweigh the negatives.
    Hey look, you found a publication with a circulation of 3000 that supports your view that imperialist owned hunting ranches in Africa are good for the "environment".

Holy fuck.

You probably also think this is a good example of free enterprise and "capitalism".

How stupid are you?
    There are many unbiased articles on this topic. Your use of a trite logical fallacy is no surprise here. A thinking person can easily see that hunting can enhance conservation. But some of you Fucktards have trouble thinking beyond the "poor animal". It's not that hard to figure out. Give it a try.

OBK still won't do the research. He'd rather simply hang on to his uninformed opinion.

I don't own guns or hunt and do find it distasteful, but looking at the bigger picture the benefits outweigh that.
    What part of culling the animals with the best genes (the trophy animals) is destructive to conservation do you not understand? It's quaint how you're always patting yourself on the back, thinking you've won every argument and have the correct position on everything. Everyone but you is uniformed. The intellectual steed that you ride is the highest horse on the bored. At least in your own mind...

That's interesting. It flies in the face of the WA State dept. of Game's stance. Most areas are now only open for branch antlered bucks and bulls anymore. "3 point or better".
  • Options
    allpurpleallgoldallpurpleallgold Member Posts: 8,771
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker First Anniversary

Lol. The fuck?
  • Options
    sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    5 Awesomes Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    edited July 2014
    so... I entered "sustainable white rhino hunting" into bing.

Southern white rhino hunting

Limited hunting of Southern white rhino has been undertaken since 1968. This has clearly been sustainable because, since hunting began, numbers of Southern white rhino have increased from 1,800 to 11,100 in the wild, with a further 740 in captivity worldwide. This has helped give white rhinos an economic value and increased the incentives for the private sector and communities to conserve white rhino. By 2003, 3,250 of Africa’s southern white rhino were privately owned and the limited hunting in part contributed to this large expansion of rhino range. However, it is interesting that on the whole, live sale prices have been higher for breeding females than for old, potentially trophy males indicating the desire of the private sector primarily to breed up rhino.

I am 'for' expanding white rhino herds that lead to increased economic benefit in area's where the white rhino lives.

I am 'against' foreign intervention by Americans into local economies they don't understand.
  • Options
    OZONE said:

The theory behind the last article that Damone linked seems sound. But has it been empirically proven? I don't know. But I agree that stats need to be impartially scrutinized.