Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Triggered in 3 Easy Steps

124»

Comments

• TheKobeStopperTheKobeStopper Member Posts: 5,959
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment First Anniversary

pawz said:

pawz said:

This is an example of you guys destroy left wing arguments.

Me “we should do Medicare for all”

You “at what cost?”

Me “well studies show it would be about the same as what we currently pay for healthcare. Some show a little less, some show a little more.”

You “yeah but at what cost???”

Destroyed.

I’m all for Medicare for All. The problem I have with it is I know damn well our government will fuck it up with partisan bullshit
    I think this is a fair position. Republicans hate the government so they try and sabotage it, liberals love the government because they get rich off it but don’t really care if things go wrong.

We can’t change this overnight but if we all start supporting better candidates, we can fix it.
    You mean the ones NOT taking money from the Medical Mafia and Big Pharma??

Good luck with that.

You could get me to support a M4A of you created real, market-based competition to drive down pricing.

As we? covered, good luck with that.

Healthcare is an inelastic good. Your market forces mumbo jumbo doesn’t work. This is a fact and it is beyond dispute.
    This is how we? know you aren't a deep thinker.

The only part of medicine that is truly inelastic is actual emergency services - heart attack, stroke, snapped a leg in half or otherwise maimed yourself.

ALL the rest of it should work like any other technology that gets cheaper over tim. Like the 80" flat screen on your wall.

But it doesn't.

Why? Because the Medical Mafia and Big Pharma spend BILLIONS lobbying congress every year to create rules ensuring payments and effectuating an artificial monopoly over the market.

Econ 101 - Monopolies only benefit suppliers. Really entry level concept here. One AOC and Bernie seem intent on failing to grasp.

Trump forced hospitals to disclose the cost of care up front. A straight up WIN for the little guy. But since orangeman bad, really super bad, neither you or the MSM paid an ounce of attention to that win for the plebiscite.

Things that have gotten substantially cheaper -Lasik eye surgery, breast implants, tummy tucks. None involving the government or insurance. All subject to a lot of advertising which indicates strong competition. Trump started a competitive push. We just need to finish it. When you see advertisement for hip replacement surgeries and the cost you will know it is getting cheaper. Starting to see a little of it with testosterone treatments and ED meds. Need to get everyone on high deductible HSA programs and self-funded HSAs. When you are using other people's money, you don't care about the cost. You do if it is your money.
    Yeah, it’s almost like elective surgery and healthcare are two separate things.

So far you guys have compared chemo therapy to flat screen TVs and tummy tucks. Stop, it embarrassing.
    What is embarrassing is that they both are medicine so why has one dropped in price while having huge leaps in effectiveness. I know you leftards have no ability to wonder about things, just say stupid things and feels. What doesn't make it cheaper is offering "free" medical care to illegal aliens.
    What doesn’t make it cheaper is that people don’t give a shit what the price is when it’s healthcare. Literally all the data, all the studies show this. That’s why every single example you have is tummy tucks and flat screen TVs.
    Wait, what? People don’t care about the price of healthcare.

What in the fuck are you talking about? Guessing you’re still on mom and dad’s insurance.

A tummy tuck isn’t “healthcare,” you retard. Unreal how out of your depth you are here.
    At the point of sale, people do not care. If people require medical care or are sick, they will not care what the cost is. All the studies show this.

And agreed, a tummy tuck isn’t healthcare. Not sure why someone brought it up.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,709
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

pawz said:

pawz said:

You “at what cost?”

Me “well studies show it would be about the same as what we currently pay for healthcare. Some show a little less, some show a little more.”

Destroyed.

I’m all for Medicare for All. The problem I have with it is I know damn well our government will fuck it up with partisan bullshit
    I think this is a fair position. Republicans hate the government so they try and sabotage it, liberals love the government because they get rich off it but don’t really care if things go wrong.

We can’t change this overnight but if we all start supporting better candidates, we can fix it.

Good luck with that.

You could get me to support a M4A of you created real, market-based competition to drive down pricing.

Healthcare is an inelastic good. Your market forces mumbo jumbo doesn’t work. This is a fact and it is beyond dispute.

The only part of medicine that is truly inelastic is actual emergency services - heart attack, stroke, snapped a leg in half or otherwise maimed yourself.

ALL the rest of it should work like any other technology that gets cheaper over tim. Like the 80" flat screen on your wall.

But it doesn't.

Why? Because the Medical Mafia and Big Pharma spend BILLIONS lobbying congress every year to create rules ensuring payments and effectuating an artificial monopoly over the market.

Econ 101 - Monopolies only benefit suppliers. Really entry level concept here. One AOC and Bernie seem intent on failing to grasp.

Trump forced hospitals to disclose the cost of care up front. A straight up WIN for the little guy. But since orangeman bad, really super bad, neither you or the MSM paid an ounce of attention to that win for the plebiscite.

Things that have gotten substantially cheaper -Lasik eye surgery, breast implants, tummy tucks. None involving the government or insurance. All subject to a lot of advertising which indicates strong competition. Trump started a competitive push. We just need to finish it. When you see advertisement for hip replacement surgeries and the cost you will know it is getting cheaper. Starting to see a little of it with testosterone treatments and ED meds. Need to get everyone on high deductible HSA programs and self-funded HSAs. When you are using other people's money, you don't care about the cost. You do if it is your money.

So far you guys have compared chemo therapy to flat screen TVs and tummy tucks. Stop, it embarrassing.
    What is embarrassing is that they both are medicine so why has one dropped in price while having huge leaps in effectiveness. I know you leftards have no ability to wonder about things, just say stupid things and feels. What doesn't make it cheaper is offering "free" medical care to illegal aliens.
    What doesn’t make it cheaper is that people don’t give a shit what the price is when it’s healthcare. Literally all the data, all the studies show this. That’s why every single example you have is tummy tucks and flat screen TVs.

What in the fuck are you talking about? Guessing you’re still on mom and dad’s insurance.

A tummy tuck isn’t “healthcare,” you retard. Unreal how out of your depth you are here.
    At the point of sale, people do not care. If people require medical care or are sick, they will not care what the cost is. All the studies show this.

I negotiate the price at the point of sale

What an idiotic take
  • SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,919
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

SFGbob said:

pawz said:

pawz said:

You “at what cost?”

Destroyed.

Good luck with that.

But it doesn't.

He doesn't know what the fuck he is talking about. He is complete fucking moron and a coward. You'll notice he makes no mention of Lasik surgery or the hundreds of different forms of cosmetic surgeries that are most certainly healthcare. A system that required people to pay for their healthcare out of their own pocket, and yes knee surgery is both and elective surgery and healthcare would see the same drop in prices that we see with Lasik surgery.
    Yeah but “literally” every study says people don’t care about the price of healthcare. I can’t wrap my head around what he means.

Probably the dumbest claim I’ve seen on this board.
    Stick around, he is good for at least one equally stupid comment a day.
    SFGbob said:

pawz said:

pawz said:

You “at what cost?”

Destroyed.

Good luck with that.

But it doesn't.

He doesn't know what the fuck he is talking about. He is complete fucking moron and a coward. You'll notice he makes no mention of Lasik surgery or the hundreds of different forms of cosmetic surgeries that are most certainly healthcare. A system that required people to pay for their healthcare out of their own pocket, and yes knee surgery is both and elective surgery and healthcare would see the same drop in prices that we see with Lasik surgery.
    I draw a distinction between cosmetic surgeries and chemo therapy, yes Bob.

Half the country can’t afford a $400 emergency. “pay out of pocket” lol. Get your party to run on that. Thomas Sowell said it, it must be brilliant. Run on it.
  • NorthwestFreshNorthwestFresh Member Posts: 7,972
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited February 2021

pawz said:

pawz said:

You “at what cost?”

Destroyed.

Good luck with that.

But it doesn't.

As someone with extensive experience in medical and Pharma, I’ll call bullshit immediately. Some patients literally can’t spend the money for top-shelf medicine and choose to take lesser medicine, or none at all.

I saw it with Advair before I was able to get it covered (mostly) for the tens of thousands on OHP, and even that was with pressure from the state of Oregon on GSK to kick it off the plan completely. So, GSK blinked and $100/month became $10/month. Not sure of the current status of that contract because it was over a decade ago but we? ended up doing some community outreach basketball events with Travis Outlaw in NE Portland and Hillsboro. Outlaw has asthma and was an Advair user when he played for the Blazers. Had community clinics contact their OHP asthmatics and made a bunch of money the next two years. Ah, the hypocrisy of Pharma.

People don’t care about healthcare costs? Get the fuck out with that nonsense.

pawz said:

pawz said:

You “at what cost?”

Destroyed.

Good luck with that.

But it doesn't.

What an idiotic take
    Personal anecdotes for the win. Which one of Sowell’s big 3 is this? Cause I know it ain’t hard evidence.
    Standard Supporter
    edited February 2021

SFGbob said:

pawz said:

pawz said:

You “at what cost?”

Destroyed.

Good luck with that.

But it doesn't.

Half the country can’t afford a $400 emergency. “pay out of pocket” lol. Get your party to run on that. Thomas Sowell said it, it must be brilliant. Run on it.
    Yes, yes they can't afford it because they have spent all their money on a $600 dollar phones and $200 dollar shoes while sporting $2000 in tattoos. And you keep fucking your strawman regarding chemo and cosmetic surgery dumbass.

Swaye's Wigwam

pawz said:

pawz said:

You “at what cost?”

Destroyed.

Good luck with that.

But it doesn't.

What an idiotic take
    Personal anecdotes for the win. Which one of Sowell’s big 3 is this? Cause I know it ain’t hard evidence.
    You're wrong

Take the L

pawz said:

pawz said:

You “at what cost?”

Destroyed.

Good luck with that.

But it doesn't.

What an idiotic take
    You're wrong

Take the L
    Do you have any hard evidence?
    SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

pawz said:

pawz said:

You “at what cost?”

Destroyed.

Good luck with that.

But it doesn't.

Yes, yes they can't afford it because they have spent all their money on a $600 dollar phones and $200 dollar shoes while sporting $2000 in tattoos. And you keep fucking your strawman regarding chemo and cosmetic surgery dumbass.

Don’t forget the lattes and avocado bread.

If we’re talking about how healthcare functions as a market and you bring up cosmetic surgery, the fact that chemo therapy functions in the market completely differently is kinda relevant.
    Swaye's Wigwam

pawz said:

pawz said:

You “at what cost?”

Destroyed.

Good luck with that.

But it doesn't.

What an idiotic take
    You're wrong

Take the L
    It's at www.fuckoff
    Standard Supporter

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

pawz said:

pawz said:

You “at what cost?”

Destroyed.

Good luck with that.

But it doesn't.

If we’re talking about how healthcare functions as a market and you bring up cosmetic surgery, the fact that chemo therapy functions in the market completely differently is kinda relevant.
    Most people aren't paying for chemo out of their own pockets therefore there is no free market at work. But please continue with your strawman ass fuck.

pawz said:

pawz said:

You “at what cost?”

Destroyed.

Good luck with that.

But it doesn't.

What an idiotic take
    You're wrong

Take the L
    It's at www.fuckoff
    You sound triggered.
    SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

pawz said:

pawz said:

You “at what cost?”

Destroyed.

Good luck with that.

But it doesn't.

Most people aren't paying for chemo out of their own pockets therefore there is no free market at work. But please continue with your strawman ass fuck.
    Run on “pay for chemo out of pocket, free market da best”. Please.
    Swaye's Wigwam

pawz said:

pawz said:

You “at what cost?”

Destroyed.

Good luck with that.

But it doesn't.

What an idiotic take
    You're wrong

Take the L
    It's at www.fuckoff
    You sound triggered.
    Better than being stupid