Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Biden DOJ arrest guy who posted voting meme in 2016.

Comments

• Options
    HHuskyHHusky Member Posts: 19,183
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Is tricking the ignorant and gullible into not exercising their votes protected speech?

I don't think the First Amendment is your best argument here.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,429
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    HHusky said:

Is tricking the ignorant and gullible into not exercising their votes protected speech?

Well that does describe democrat voters but its not against the law anymore than it is for Biden to claim he had a covid plan
  • Options
    SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,920
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

So the joke is to deliberately disseminate misinformation to deprive individuals of their constitutional right to vote. Hilarious.

If I yell fire in a crowded room and you’re dumb enough to think there’s a fire, that’s your fault.

If I steal from you and you’re dumb enough to let me, that’s your fault.

Why have laws at all? Just rub some personal responsibility on it.

Your lust for Fascism is noted. Society made laws against yelling fire. It’s called will of the people.

I must have missed the mass movement to prosecute people for making memes.

This is an example being made of someone. A political prosecution to stifle dissent. Just like arresting Brandon Straka for protesting outside the Capitol.

You support and are excusing everything you claim to be against and you don’t even know it. It’s because you’re not very bright. A perfect Useful Idiot who is a political tribalist.

The will of the people.
    I already know you support his authoritarianism and also fascist prosecutions of political enemies.

Many others feel who voted for him feel lied to, as they should.
    I’m mostly seeing complaints from Trump voters that are mad his coup failed.
    Where is this happening? Not here.

Calling that a coup and making DC a military stats now is the best example of gaslighting in recent memory. I also like how the FBI spread all over the disinformation on massive right-wing armed protests at all 50 state capitols on Inauguration Day.

A complete false narrative that Leftists gobbled up as fact.
    The actually closed the local county courts here in California on Jan. 20th with the excuse being that there were threats being made to the workers. When the reality was that it was just an excuse to give state workers another paid holiday.
  • Options

HHusky said:

Well that does describe democrat voters but its not against the law anymore than it is for Biden to claim he had a covid plan
    18 U.S. Code § 241 is the law.

I agree with you that it would be smarter to argue that the statute wasn't intended to criminalize this conduct.

The First Amendment argument strikes me as a loser.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    HHusky said:

HHusky said:

I agree with you that it would be smarter to argue that the statute wasn't intended to criminalize this conduct.

You should know
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    HHusky said:

HHusky said:

Yeah, Daddy gave Rush a medal is more the Dazzler's kind of winning argument.
  • Options
    Fenderbender123Fenderbender123 Member Posts: 2,867
    Standard Supporter
    edited January 2021

What’s the joke?

It literally just says 'Hillary' and doesn't give a last name. It also doesn't say anything about what they're voting for, just 'president'. President of what? Not to mention it says to TEXT your vote which should make it obvious even to most children that it's not a real vote for US President. I feel no remorse for anyone who texted their vote to this number instead of filling out an actual ballot, and it seems obvious that this case will be thrown out.
  • Options

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

You should know
    Imagine how disappointed those of us looking forward to your analysis of the statute are.
  • Options

What’s the joke?

It literally just says 'Hillary' and doesn't give a last name. It also doesn't say anything about what they're voting for, just 'president'. President of what? Not to mention it says to TEXT your vote which should make it obvious even to most children that it's not a real vote for US President. I feel no remorse for anyone who texted their vote to this number instead of filling out an actual ballot, and it seems obvious that this case will be thrown out.
    Fender's remorse is the new test of statutory construction.
  • Options
    SFGbob said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

So nothing. Again.
  • Options
    Fenderbender123Fenderbender123 Member Posts: 2,867
    Standard Supporter
    HHusky said:

What’s the joke?

At the very least he won't be convicted. The DOJ is basing his case on the grounds that people were 'blocked' from actually voting. This meme did nothing to block anyone from voting. And as others have pointed out, similar joke/trick memes have been made and shared by people from both sides, so this would open up a massive can of worms.
  • Options
    RoadTripRoadTrip Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,244
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

Do you guys think it should be legal to disseminate misinformation designed to deprive individuals of their constitutional right to vote?

Please eliminate this douche Stalin
  • Options
    Blu82Blu82 Member Posts: 1,511
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    RoadTrip said:

Do you guys think it should be legal to disseminate misinformation designed to deprive individuals of their constitutional right to vote?

Please eliminate this douche Stalin
    No, keep him.
    Where else can you make fun of the short bus kids and not get in trouble.
    "Are you not entertained?"
  • Options

HHusky said:

What’s the joke?

At the very least he won't be convicted. The DOJ is basing his case on the grounds that people were 'blocked' from actually voting. This meme did nothing to block anyone from voting. And as others have pointed out, similar joke/trick memes have been made and shared by people from both sides, so this would open up a massive can of worms.
    The statute requires a conspiracy. That differentiates it from a lot of the jokes and tricks. But I agree that the actual language of the statute is where the defense can make some hay. There is plenty of evidence of a conspiracy, but a conspiracy to do what exactly?
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    HHusky said:

HHusky said:

What’s the joke?

The statute requires a conspiracy. That differentiates it from a lot of the jokes and tricks. But I agree that the actual language of the statute is where the defense can make some hay. There is plenty of evidence of a conspiracy, but a conspiracy to do what exactly?
    So no case

You don't get paid by the word here
  • Options

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

What’s the joke?

So no case

The why is as important as the outcome. Don't quit your day job.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    HHusky said:

SFGbob said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

So nothing. Again.

Agree, that argument made by you was on account of the fact you had nothing.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

What’s the joke?

So no case

So still nothing

I do your job better than you
  • Options

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

What’s the joke?

So no case

So still nothing

I do your job better than you
    obviously
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Everyone has noticed. I've checked around