Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Larry Scott couch sale

13»

Comments

• SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,044
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
  • HuskyJWHuskyJW Guest, Member Posts: 14,161
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

I don’t know too much about the man, but what I do know leads me to believe I know who the perfect candidate to replace Larry Scott should be.

✅ Experienced with TV deals.
    ✅ Understands the concept of sports as entertainment.
    ✅ Experience with bankrupt football leagues.
    ✅ Knows how to rig the outcome for maximum profit.
    ✅ Will allow steroid use, helping even the playing field with the SEC’s recruiting advantage.
    ✅ Stance on violence towards referees: pro.
    ✅ Involved with the Special Olympics, so he understands what the Pac-12 can offer.
    ✅ Knows how to pander to drunk hicks, an important skill in the world of college football.

As a bonus, I can already picture him presenting Clay Helton with a championship trophy.

Replace XFL with Pac 12

https://youtu.be/1d4smlQOrVY

• GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Exactly. What's the argument for Oliver Luck again?
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Oliver Luck is Larry Scott part 2. Fuck the good ol boy network. Luck was a shitty AD and the XFL folded.

Only thing I would say is that at least Oliver has a background in football. I fear he is too PC to fix what ails the Pac though.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,717
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Gladstone said:

Oliver Luck is Larry Scott part 2. Fuck the good ol boy network. Luck was a shitty AD and the XFL folded.

Anything else?

• rodmansragerodmansrage Member Posts: 6,009
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes

Gladstone said:

One of his sperms became Andrew Luck.

Luck knows the right people in an industry that is largely about connections. His background is football, not the Indonesian Badminton Tour.

Luck ran NFL Europe, so he has experience with futile efforts to promote football to people who don’t care about football.

He was in charge of NCAA wrist slaps for a while, maybe that’s important. Probably not.

But yeah, he’s not the perfect choice. Greg Byrne is a way better option, and I’m sure everyone here will keep an open mind about the guy who grew up in Eugene and was the liaison between Uncle Phil and the university that led to Oregon’s rebranding and the start of the facilities and stadium upgrade.

bingo.

he was also the AD at west fuckin virginia!

he just needed more tim with the xfl! nfl competition always does well! it was gonna blow up!

tbh, whoever the p12 hires, its not going to matter. i dont think any p12 member institutions 'care' about football as they should. usc was (and could be again?) massive but fuck me, they care more about getting aunt becky's kids (bribes work) into school rather than having snoop on the sidelines again.
  • Bevo14Bevo14 Member Posts: 8
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic First Comment
    Good riddance, asshole! Thanks for ruining my Pac dreams.
  • KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    I posted it earlier in the thread as a joke.

But all the while I did know that some lazy blue check would push him for the job sooner or later.

I’m not a smart man, but it’s ridiculous how easy it is to predict the next moves for those in power for the West Coast. And it doesn’t really matter what the subject or industry may be.

Someone, or should I say Sometwo, just turn the keys in unison and get it over with once and for all.
  • digitsdigits Member Posts: 1,411
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    LawDawg1 said:

Why wait? Fire his ass now. Door. Ass. Out. Don’t let some idiot who has been fired to poison the well any further. Fucking embeciles.

*imbeciles