Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Cristobal spotted at Auburn airport

Comments

• Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,796
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    lawsandl said:

Sources said:

lawsandl said:

Cristobal is getting started here. If he lands another top 10 class, it will turn into a cakewalk. He has a better shot at the playoffs at Oregon. It’s once he gets there.

Tell me about all the DTs he's recruited to help beat OSU and Cal
    PAC 12 spotting sealed the deal against OSU.

Seriously, Oregon isn’t recruiting poorly at DT. The young ones are actually playing better.
    I laughed.
  • Options
    DodgyBlokeDodgyBloke Member Posts: 957
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    lawsandl said:

Correction the press conference is at noon not 10

It’s a prescheduled presser he has every week.
    Here’s to hoping it’s as awkward as Old Willie’s 2 years ago but I don’t see Cristobal swimming around the subject like Willie
  • Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Read from the Auburn boards that Cristobal has a press conference at 10am tomorrow 2pm their time. Interesting if true also read that he spent most of the day in his office with his door shut which they said was unusual for his day to day operations. Just have to see how it unfolds.

But tomorrow is his grandparents' anniversary!!!
    Never let this die
  • Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Is Oregon a stepping stone job???
  • Options
    ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,516
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited December 2020

lawsandl said:

Here’s to hoping it’s as awkward as Old Willie’s 2 years ago but I don’t see Cristobal swimming around the subject like Willie
    I will Venmo any reporter $100 who asks About that “ruuuuuumor stuff” in the Willie voice
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,796
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    lawsandl said:

This is going to be glorious.
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,911
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

lawsandl said:

Sounds like he's accepting an extension at Oregon. The meltdown would have been fun but I'll live with underachieving
  • Options
    ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,516
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment

lawsandl said:

Sounds like he's accepting an extension at Oregon. The meltdown would have been fun but I'll live with underachieving
    Source?
  • Options
    HoustonHuskyHoustonHusky Member Posts: 5,954
    First Anniversary First Comment Photogenic 5 Awesomes
    This could be comedy...the honey baked ham will use the Auburn opening into getting a big money extension right after losing to Oregon State and Cal. Should buy him an extra year at the helm. I would have assumed a similar performance next year might have led to a call for his head before this.
  • Options
    lawsandllawsandl Member Posts: 1,555
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    edited December 2020

lawsandl said:

Sources said:

lawsandl said:

Cristobal is getting started here. If he lands another top 10 class, it will turn into a cakewalk. He has a better shot at the playoffs at Oregon. It’s once he gets there.

Seriously, Oregon isn’t recruiting poorly at DT. The young ones are actually playing better.
    I laughed.
    You can find it funny. Kristian Williams, Keyon Ware Hudson and Brandon Dorlus are all in the rotation. Swinson from last class is on the field. Jake Shipley and Jaylen Smith should contribute next year.

There isn’t a lot I am hearing on Afaese and Jones.

Poti probably gets pushed out.
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,511
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I don't see how Christo would take this job unless he is really, really motivated to take Saban on.

He can eventually make similar money in Eugene (if he didn't already just sign an extension to), smoke weed, and lose to beavlet and cal without the fans and boosters calling for his head.

He only needs to beat Washington every year.

Remember when he was shitting his pants after beating a Washington team that had already dropped 2-3 conference games?

It does suck that we have probably re-motivated an Oregon team that will give SC a run for their money while our loser AD sits back and cheers for following KCo loser policies.
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,960
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

A 3-5 auburn team beat the pac12 champ.

For good measure the following year a 5-3 auburn team beat the pac12 champ.

This conference is soft as hell.

UW is soft as hell to agree to play that game in Atlanta like it's Boise State.

Home and home or fuck off.

We would beat most SEC teams at home in the rain and wind
    Think how many of our great marquee out of conference wins occurred at Husky Stadium vs the road. The decline of the Home and Home series is one of the sadder things in College Football.
  • Options
    DoogstoneDoogstone Member Posts: 202
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

ntxduck said:

This board seems awfully excited about a rival coach potentially leaving who also apparently sucks

The locals will say any outcome is great for UW.
    Cristobal leaves: program instability, recruiting class gone, etc.
    Cristobal stays: Oregon overpaid for his meaty tits and recruiting sizzle, he sucks, so on.

Something tells me that they would be a lot happier if he gone. The rash Cristobal hire didn’t go like they hoped it would. The meticulous Jimmying has brought a division title in just one year, but the writing is on the wall for what it will look like for both programs in a few years.
    I want him gone for Quoock meltdowns on twitter.
    Meltdowns bring a type of joy that is fleeting. Wins and losses, those stick around for however long you care.
    I don't think I've ever seen @RatherBeBrewing bordering on angry before. He'll extend and you'll be happy. Buck up.
  • Options
    dawgs206dawgs206 Member Posts: 482
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Photogenic
    lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

Sources said:

lawsandl said:

I laughed.
    You can find it funny. Kristian Williams, Keyon Ware Hudson and Brandon Dorlus are all in the rotation. Swinson from last class is on the field. Jake Shipley and Jaylen Smith should contribute next year.

Being in the rotation of a shitty defense isn’t a great selling point.
  • Options
    lawsandllawsandl Member Posts: 1,555
    dawgs206 said:

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

Sources said:

lawsandl said:

I laughed.

Being in the rotation of a shitty defense isn’t a great selling point.
    The shitty part of the defense are the ILBs and safeties because they’re gutted.

Brandon Dorlus and Kristian Williams have played well. You’re being naive if you don’t see the issue with judging the team on this year’s performance. We had our 4th option at boundary safety starting games.
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,511
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I'm hearing that all those Oregon recruits talking shit over the weekend are frantically deleting their twats as we speak while practicing their Fight On hand gestures.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

Sources said:

Don't know about you guys, but I can't name a time where Lil Mook has been wrong
    @LilMookDawg predicted 9/11
    CNN of the streets