Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

If Al Qeda takes over Iraq

DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,486 Founders Club
What will be the implications?

Comments

• BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,346
    Should have left Saddam alone.

BushFS
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781

What will be the implications?

*Al-Qaeda

• DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,486 Founders Club
    TheGlove said:

BushFS

that wasn't the question I asked though.
  • sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    edited June 2014
    Obama learned a lot from Bush. His "Cash for Clunkers" deal was a lot smoother, cheaper and came with a much lower loss for life than Bush's did but... in the end, Al Qaeda 'did' end up with some state of the art shit along with live fire training exercises in Syria, half a billion of cash, Iraqi oil fields and port so... in the end maybe greater overall value than a new Hyundai in every garage?
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680

TheGlove said:

BushFS

It's a good answer though.

One implication will be a HUGE black eye for GWB (and Oregon).
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,486 Founders Club

TheGlove said:

BushFS

I'm not arguing the point, but pointing out that I wondered what the implications will be. Could we be looking at a nuclear Al Qeda* in the near future? What will the ramifications of that be for Saudi Arabia and the shadow Islamist groups there that wish to overthrow their royal family?

*Hi Damone!
    edited June 2014

Obama learned a lot from Bush. His "Cash for Clunkers" deal was a lot smoother, cheaper and came with a much lower loss for life than Bush's did but... in the end, Al Qaeda 'did' end up with some state of the art shit along with live fire training exercises in Syria, half a billion of cash, Iraqi oil fields and port so... in the end maybe greater overall value than a new Hyundai in every garage? ... so... worth it in the end??? hard to say without all the facts.

And under Obama, our top of the line drone was landed in mint condition in Iran two years ago, and last month the Iranians claimed to have reversed engineered it and have the technology. So it's almost like we're intentionally leveling the playing field with out enemies.
  • sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    ... just to make it fair.
  • QuornDawgQuornDawg Member Posts: 1,162

TheGlove said:

BushFS

I'm not arguing the point, but pointing out that I wondered what the implications will be. Could we be looking at a nuclear Al Qeda* in the near future? What will the ramifications of that be for Saudi Arabia and the shadow Islamist groups there that wish to overthrow their royal family?

*Hi Damone!
    *Nucular
  • ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325

Obama learned a lot from Bush. His "Cash for Clunkers" deal was a lot smoother, cheaper and came with a much lower loss for life than Bush's did but... in the end, Al Qaeda 'did' end up with some state of the art shit along with live fire training exercises in Syria, half a billion of cash, Iraqi oil fields and port so... in the end maybe greater overall value than a new Hyundai in every garage? ... so... worth it in the end??? hard to say without all the facts.

And under Obama, our top of the line drone was landed in mint condition in Iran two years ago, and last month the Iranians claimed to have reversed engineered it and have the technology. So it's almost like we're intentionally leveling the playing field with out enemies.
    Yeah, but who's gonna fly it kid, you?

Yeah, but who's gonna fly it kid, you?
    I wish I could remember Luke's whiny response.
  • DeepSeaZDeepSeaZ Member Posts: 3,901
    Luke: You bet I could. I'm not such a bad pilot myself
  • ApostleofGriefApostleofGrief Member Posts: 3,904
    Maliki needs more time to get his recruits in the army. A lot of you guys are acting like Saddam Hussein didn't happen. (Actually, Saddam Hussein looks good compared to Al Queda)

• d2dd2d Member Posts: 3,109

You should play more golf. Obama's doing great.
  • oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    edited June 2014
    We need to drop our idiotic practice of not assassinating foreign leaders. It's the most hypocritical shit in the world. If your government is a threat to us and you are its leader, we will kill you, and we'll keep killing your replacements until your people put someone forward who isn't a threat to the world. Assassinate enemy foreign leaders now.
  • PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,534 Swaye's Wigwam
    they won't. Iran isn't going to allow Sunni militias to get a foothold on its border
  • ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325

We need to drop our idiotic practice of not assassinating foreign leaders. It's the most hypocritical shit in the world. If your government is a threat to us and you are its leader, we will kill you, and we'll keep killing your replacements until your people put someone forward who isn't a threat to the world. Assassinate enemy foreign leaders now.

This is chess, not checkers.
  • HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,602
    edited June 2014
    And WillinghamFS and Sloppy SteveFS need more time to get their own recruits in!

Maliki needs more time to get his recruits in the army. A lot of you guys are acting like Saddam Hussein didn't happen. (Actually, Saddam Hussein looks good compared to Al Queda)