Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

If Al Qeda takes over Iraq

2»

Comments

• OZONEOZONE Member Posts: 2,510
    edited June 2014

Obama learned a lot from Bush. His "Cash for Clunkers" deal was a lot smoother, cheaper and came with a much lower loss for life than Bush's did but... in the end, Al Qaeda 'did' end up with some state of the art shit along with live fire training exercises in Syria, half a billion of cash, Iraqi oil fields and port so... in the end maybe greater overall value than a new Hyundai in every garage? ... so... worth it in the end??? hard to say without all the facts.

And under Obama, our top of the line drone was landed in mint condition in Iran two years ago, and last month the Iranians claimed to have reversed engineered it and have the technology. So it's almost like we're intentionally leveling the playing field with out enemies.
    The Iranians don't like Al Qaeda either... so maybe under the doctrine of "the enemy of my enemy is my friend"...

Then again, Al Qaeda came, in part, out of the training we were giving to the Afghanis when they were fighting our enemy the Soviets in the 80s...

Hindsight would imply we seem to fuck up a lot of foreign policy... maybe we should stop wasting tax dollars on trying to be the world's police force?

• MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781
    OZONE said:

Obama learned a lot from Bush. His "Cash for Clunkers" deal was a lot smoother, cheaper and came with a much lower loss for life than Bush's did but... in the end, Al Qaeda 'did' end up with some state of the art shit along with live fire training exercises in Syria, half a billion of cash, Iraqi oil fields and port so... in the end maybe greater overall value than a new Hyundai in every garage? ... so... worth it in the end??? hard to say without all the facts.

And under Obama, our top of the line drone was landed in mint condition in Iran two years ago, and last month the Iranians claimed to have reversed engineered it and have the technology. So it's almost like we're intentionally leveling the playing field with out enemies.
    The Iranians don't like Al Qaeda either... so maybe under the doctrine of "the enemy of my enemy is my friend"...

Then again, Al Qaeda came, in part, out of the training we were giving to the Afghanis when they were fighting our enemy the Soviets in the 80s...

Hindsight would imply we seem to fuck up a lot of foreign policy... maybe we should stop wasting tax dollars on trying to be the world's police force?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charlie_Wilson_(Texas_politician)