Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Smalls

Comments

• Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    edited November 2020

dnc said:

AEB said:

On Bowman, remember this year doesn’t count on eligibility. We could have him Savvy ZTF Latu on the Edge next year. Think about that for a minute.

I forgot about this...you guys think Morris starts?
    I do. Older and more experienced than Huard. It’s going to be tough for anyone to beat Morris out.
    Unless Morris starts hitting the deep ball with some regularity Huard is going to lap him rather easily.
    Maybe. We won't know until he's here how well and how fast he can process. Quick decision-making, timing, and pocket awareness are all x-factors that are hard to gauge in high school and the lack thereof has led to scattered carcasses of 5 star QB busts everywhere. They're also things that Morris has done exceptionally well so far and will continue to improve at.

If Huard can clear that bar then he runs away with the job. Only a handful of QBs have his arm talent, and Morris is not even close to being one of them.
    I don't even know that Huard is a guy with unique arm talent, at least not in the Jacob Eason sense. He's not throwing lasers. He just has preternatural touch and timing to go with an above average arm.

He honestly reminds me a lot of a less athletic (white), left handed Russell Wilson. He'll never have people rave over his arm strength like a Mahomes or Rodgers but he throws a catchable deep ball with soft touch and unfair accuracy.

Your points about the x factors are well taken. His ability to read defenses and handle getting hit are the biggest question marks IMO.

Maybe he doesn't start right away but I'll be very surprised if he's not the starter by the end of 2021.
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,583
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    doogs always love backups and recruits more than the starters

we know 0 about huard
  • Options
    pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 18,817
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

we know 0 about huard

speak for yourself, i know he has 4 years of high school under his belt and will do everything possible to win the game
    rather easily, say 34-17 ?
  • Options

we know 0 about huard

speak for yourself, i know he has 4 years of high school under his belt and will do everything possible to win the game
    3 years*

*fuck the WIAA!

• Options
    pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 18,817
    Founders Club

I give Morris somewhat of a pass on deep throws so far. Syncing that up with your receiving group takes reps. Ain't none of those to go around this year.

He's overthrown a fair amount of them so it isn't just simply an arm strength issue like it was with Browning.

Not saying he's going to turn into Elway with more reps, just that he could have significant improvement between now and the end of the season.

are you gnu?

TSIO

• Options

I give Morris somewhat of a pass on deep throws so far. Syncing that up with your receiving group takes reps. Ain't none of those to go around this year.

He's overthrown a fair amount of them so it isn't just simply an arm strength issue like it was with Browning.

Not saying he's going to turn into Elway with more reps, just that he could have significant improvement between now and the end of the season.

I agree it's not an arm strength issue. It's an accuracy issue, he just doesn't seem to know where the ball's going when it's beyond 20 yards.

Browning was very good 20-30 yards btw. It was the beyond 30 where he didn't have the strength.
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,583
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    dnc said:

I agree it's not an arm strength issue. It's an accuracy issue, he just doesn't seem to know where the ball's going when it's beyond 20 yards.

Browning was very good 20-30 yards btw. It was the beyond 30 where he didn't have the strength.
    Browning was not very good 20-30 yards. He was average. The passes were on target but had 0 zip
  • Options

dnc said:

Browning was not very good 20-30 yards. He was average. The passes were on target but had 0 zip
    Maybe it was all his receivers but he hit a very high percentage at that range.
  • Options
    1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,317
    Swaye's Wigwam

Tupatala had 3 snaps. He was in the whole series for Ulo and I was pissed about it.

He made on a nice run fit on the touchdown but Jackson Sirmon got prison loved by their guard or tackle which allowed him to score.
    Was the tight end. Erased him so badly that it blocked him AND Turner from doing anything. Tuputala played it perfectly.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

FireCohen said:

Guys, that's a cry for help. DylMo is battling a heroin addiction that affects his deep ball.
    Maybe brownsox or big dick Eason should have been chasing the dragon in order not to shit their pants during the money downs
  • Options

FireCohen said:

Guys, that's a cry for help. DylMo is battling a heroin addiction that affects his deep ball.
    I'll take converting on 3rd downs for the first time in a fucking century it seems
    I know the narrative is set but it absolutely wasn’t the case against Utah.

Morris converted 4 first downs through the air in 12 attempts Saturday including two picks. One of them was the Hail Mary but the dropped pick was also third down.

He was not good on third downs. Threw short of the sticks a bunch when he wasn’t throwing to Utah.