Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Smalls

Comments

• Options
    AEBAEB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,960
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

AEB said:

Love me some ZTF, but not sure he’s done as much as Kikaha yet. He’s going to need some time to put more stuff on tape...against better competition. I’m not sure his measureables are great. Happy to be wrong.

TL;DR - he needs a full year

What better competition? Pac 12 games are the competition and he’s dominating.
    SC, Oregon, UCLA... NY6 game. Higher profile and/or better competition.

Tryon is different only because his measureables. Looks huge and ripped.
  • Options
    1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,325
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited November 2020

Disagree but it’s not his fault. It’s a depth problem. And when was the last tim he had to face some physically challenging.

Ps, Trice must be pretty bad.

Speaking of pretty bad, whatever happened to Draco Malfoy or whatever? Kid was a 4 star and I don't think he has even taken a snap. Not even with all the guys out last night.
    Should have read ahead. Never mind.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,644
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    AEB said:

Love me some ZTF, but not sure he’s done as much as Kikaha yet. He’s going to need some time to put more stuff on tape...against better competition. I’m not sure his measureables are great. Happy to be wrong.

Kikaha didn't have great measurables either. He was still a better player at the end than ZTF is now. He was really good at setting and holding the edge and effective dropping into coverage. Its going to take another year for ZTF to get to that level all around. He might already be a better pass rusher though, and that's no small thing.
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,994
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    chuck said:

AEB said:

Kikaha didn't have great measurables either. He was still a better player at the end than ZTF is now. He was really good at setting and holding the edge and effective dropping into coverage. Its going to take another year for ZTF to get to that level all around. He might already be a better pass rusher though, and that's no small thing.
    Kinshasa was an awesome pass rusher in college. He had a line with a great push up the middle his last year and feasted.

Ztf may not be as good as kikaha yet but if he can get a 2nd round grade I am not sure he is ever getting a better time to leave. He is never going to have great speed or bend compared to the freaks that typically go in the top 30.
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,994
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes

dnc said:

AEB said:

On Bowman, remember this year doesn’t count on eligibility. We could have him Savvy ZTF Latu on the Edge next year. Think about that for a minute.

I forgot about this...you guys think Morris starts?
    I do. Older and more experienced than Huard. It’s going to be tough for anyone to beat Morris out.
    Unless Morris starts hitting the deep ball with some regularity Huard is going to lap him rather easily.
    Doubt it. Time to learn our lessons and quit thinking the highly touted recruit comes in and plays right away.

Morris will know the offense better, have more experience, and be better at leading the guys.

I’m not going to call Sam Huard overrated but he throws in 50+ times every game and his WR’s are all going Pac 12. Garbers threw for a million yards and a bunch of TD’s for a great high school program in a tough league and doesn’t start. Most QB’s are busts and don’t play.

I can also admit that we need to LIPO with Morris, but he’s shown enough that I have a hard time believing a true freshman will be better.
    His deep game is epically bad so far. Also, that Utah secondary was starting two freshmen corners and he didn't look like he belonged on the field for much of the game. Winners win though. I will say LIPO but he should definitely face competition the next couple of years.
  • Options
    Kingdome_UrinalsKingdome_Urinals Member Posts: 2,609
    First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes

dnc said:

AEB said:

On Bowman, remember this year doesn’t count on eligibility. We could have him Savvy ZTF Latu on the Edge next year. Think about that for a minute.

I do. Older and more experienced than Huard. It’s going to be tough for anyone to beat Morris out.
    Unless Morris starts hitting the deep ball with some regularity Huard is going to lap him rather easily.
    Doubt it. Time to learn our lessons and quit thinking the highly touted recruit comes in and plays right away.

Morris will know the offense better, have more experience, and be better at leading the guys.

I’m not going to call Sam Huard overrated but he throws in 50+ times every game and his WR’s are all going Pac 12. Garbers threw for a million yards and a bunch of TD’s for a great high school program in a tough league and doesn’t start. Most QB’s are busts and don’t play.

I can also admit that we need to LIPO with Morris, but he’s shown enough that I have a hard time believing a true freshman will be better.
    His deep game is epically bad so far. Also, that Utah secondary was starting two freshmen corners and he didn't look like he belonged on the field for much of the game. Winners win though. I will say LIPO but he should definitely face competition the next couple of years.
    Yeah, Morris alternates between horrible and totally clutch. If he could break off 20 yard runs and clown a defense with his athleticism, that would be one thing. But Morris is not that guy.

Utah's QB often looked better suited to P5 play. That said, Morris throws some big time lazers and you can win with him.

Ideally, he would be eclipsed but probably not by a true frosh.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

dnc said:

AEB said:

There is a lot to play out. Watching how Morris does the rest of the way being the main thing.

The play calling was bad yesterday. Morris stepped up and needs to continue to improve. I’ve seen enough positive that I think he’s a pretty good QB that’s just getting started.
    little concerned with his deepballz, but at least he does not shit his pants on 3rd downs. also did not seem nervous yesterday on that 4 min drill
  • Options
    BaldwinIVBaldwinIV Member Posts: 797
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    can huard run? is he mobile?
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,799
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes

Tupatala had 3 snaps. He was in the whole series for Ulo and I was pissed about it.

He made on a nice run fit on the touchdown but Jackson Sirmon got prison loved by their guard or tackle which allowed him to score.