Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Happy Turkey Day and 8th Anniversary to Hardcore Husky!

DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,038
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
Founders Club
On November 26, 2012, Hardcore Husky launched. Both incarnations of the Husky Half Brains sites had been shut down and there was a group of us that were homeless Ronin roaming the UW countryside. We wanted to create a place that we could call home. We were also thoroughly disgusted by the arrogance of Dawgman's Kim Grinolds and wanted to be the bane of his existence. Finally, we wanted to be an entity that would hold UW accountable to a high standard of football, when we felt no one in the media was doing so.

We came very, very close to naming ourselves Operation Husky. We had a logo that featured a periscope view from Lake Washington trained upon Husky Stadium. But at the last minute, Stalin opted for Hardcore Husky.

Actually, I wasn't called Stalin until a couple years later. I announced to the board something like we were no longer going to have signatures, and APAG (TheKobeStopper) said "It's getting to be like Nazi Germany around here." One thing led to another, and suddenly I was given the nickname Stalin.

Eight years later, all three of our goals have been reached. We have a home that we enjoy. We surpassed Dawgman in traffic about three years ago and from our vantage point watched them become irrelevant and no longer something we think much about. And we have certainly annoyed UW through the years but also have given voice to fans that want to hold UW to high winning standards. When a former player reported to me that he had been in Jen Cohen's office and Hardcore Husky was on her computer screen, that made my day.

So to the basement-dwelling incels who make this place what it is, thank you. Here's to another eight years.

Comments

• Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

I also want to tip my cap to the late Don James. He lived long enough to see the first two years of Hardcore Husky, and saw what a bunch of idiots we were. But he always granted me interviews for the site (when we had a front page) and always encouraged me to do my thing.

Jen should do the same, not like she’s busy these day
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,038
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    pawz said:

When a former player reported to me that he had been in Jen Cohen's office and Hardcore Husky was on her computer screen, that made my day.

Jen Cohen has a Wam membership??

I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you
  • Options
    Mad_SonMad_Son Member Posts: 10,092
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Stalin posting after 1AM. Yikes.
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,795
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes

On November 26, 2012, Hardcore Husky launched. Both incarnations of the Husky Half Brains sites had been shut down and there was a group of us that were homeless Ronin roaming the UW countryside. We wanted to create a place that we could call home. We were also thoroughly disgusted by the arrogance of Dawgman's Kim Grinolds and wanted to be the bane of his existence. Finally, we wanted to be an entity that would hold UW accountable to a high standard of football, when we felt no one in the media was doing so.

We came very, very close to naming ourselves Operation Husky. We had a logo that featured a periscope view from Lake Washington trained upon Husky Stadium. But at the last minute, Stalin opted for Hardcore Husky.

Actually, I wasn't called Stalin until a couple years later. I announced to the board something like we were no longer going to have signatures, and APAG (TheKobeStopper) said "It's getting to be like Nazi Germany around here." One thing led to another, and suddenly I was given the nickname Stalin.

Eight years later, all three of our goals have been reached. We have a home that we enjoy. We surpassed Dawgman in traffic about three years ago and from our vantage point watched them become irrelevant and no longer something we think much about. And we have certainly annoyed UW through the years but also have given voice to fans that want to hold UW to high winning standards. When a former player reported to me that he had been in Jen Cohen's office and Hardcore Husky was on her computer screen, that made my day.

So to the basement-dwelling incels who make this place what it is, thank you. Here's to another eight years.

Welp there goes any future employment opportunities for me!
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,795
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    What’s a job anyways?