Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

9 to 6

Comments

• Options
    Doog_de_JourDoog_de_Jour Member Posts: 7,958
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Gladstone said:

Gladstone said:

jimmy wanted 4 preseason games just like the nfl

his O is averaging 10ppg lol

people forget it now but lake had tons of momentum and enthusiasm after he was hired and retained the recruiting class. one OC hire completely sabotaged the entire thing.

He made plenty of other mistakes.
    Truly but the JD hire was a gaping, tremble-inducing ghoulish beacon hole to the world that said "I am in way over my head"
    “Tremble-inducing ghoulish beacon hole” brought this poast from an upvote to a chin.
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,474
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Are they running power to try and get in with no early whistles or anything like that?

Until then, they're scrimmages and nothing more.
  • Options
    TommySQCTommySQC Member Posts: 5,813
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Gladstone said:

people forget it now but lake had tons of momentum and enthusiasm after he was hired and retained the recruiting class. one OC hire completely sabotaged the entire thing.

I wouldn’t put it all on the OC hire. He made plenty of other mistakes. If this team doesn’t win this year then expect the 2022 recruiting class to be average at best.
    Isn't this year average at best?
  • Options
    DoogCouricsDoogCourics Member Posts: 5,739
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Defense will be great.

Running game will be good.

QB will be hit and miss with a lot of mistakes and a few bright spots, but it’s just a place holder for Sam Huard.

5-2 or 6-1. A good team that finds an inexplicable way to lose a game it shouldn’t.

It’s the script.
  • Options
    DoogWhispererDoogWhisperer Member Posts: 1,017
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    I think the defense should be good but they cannot be expected to carry the team. We lost our best DL by far, we lost our best pass rusher by far, our LBs last year were garbage and so were our safeties. I do expect our CBS to be good but besides that (and perhaps interior DL) there are a ton of question marks on D.
  • Options
    lawsandllawsandl Member Posts: 1,555
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes

Tequilla said:

You're likely looking at very conservative playing calling, running the football often, playing field position, and playing to the strength of the defense.

Are we going to have the one defense in college football that does not have major lapses and executes at a high level? I doubt it.

They will be better than most but many of the top programs are struggling with this in 2020.

Would love to be wrong but the truth is we don’t have a Qb and we hired some that gives no reason to think we would be able develop one. An asst to the running back coach at a shit franchise ffs.

This program has talent but lake is in so far over his head it’s embarrassing.
    I have wondered myself why the defenses are so piss poor. I think the narrative is that it’s the weirdness of 2020. However, there was a lot of attrition on that side of the ball for the SEC while the offenses are loaded.

The PAC 12 North seems to be the opposite outside of Cal.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,978
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Tequilla said:

Gladstone said:

I wouldn’t put it all on the OC hire. He made plenty of other mistakes. If this team doesn’t win this year then expect the 2022 recruiting class to be average at best.
    Which is a fireable offense
    Jimmy will be here 5-10 years unless he goes 3-9 and even then it's no sure thing
  • Options
    SourcesSources Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,803
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Tequilla said:

Gladstone said:

Jimmy will be here 5-10 years unless he goes 3-9 and even then it's no sure thing
    I don't think Jen would give him that long, but he'll get at least 1-2 more years than he deserves. This is the way.
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,832
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

Tequilla said:

Gladstone said:

He's black. That gets him two more years.
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,832
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    I'll give this guy a month. Brian Schottenheimer had a meh resume and the Seehawk offense is way better than Bevell's. After that though, bring on the fire the o.c. from the Lazy Boy brigade.
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,486
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

Tequilla said:

Gladstone said:

If he went 3-4 followed by 4-8, I would hope he would get fired. I’m pretty sure he would get a third year tho.
    Guaranteed he would get a third year. And if he went 6 - 6 in year three they'd give him an extension for "righting the ship." Black coaches only get the most downtrodden programs, you know.