Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

9 to 6

124»

Comments

• Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Tequilla said:

Gladstone said:

jimmy wanted 4 preseason games just like the nfl

his O is averaging 10ppg lol

people forget it now but lake had tons of momentum and enthusiasm after he was hired and retained the recruiting class. one OC hire completely sabotaged the entire thing.

I wouldn’t put it all on the OC hire. He made plenty of other mistakes. If this team doesn’t win this year then expect the 2022 recruiting class to be average at best.
    Which is a fireable offense
    Jimmy will be here 5-10 years unless he goes 3-9 and even then it's no sure thing
    He's not going to be treated like Ty was. He doesn't have the built in excuse of taking over a shit program (which wasn't as shit as people wanted to say, I know) or of having to "clean things up" like Ty did.

Most importantly we didn't hire him after someone else fired him amidst accusations of them being racist. It's just not a landmine we have to dodge with him.

Jimmy will get 3 years to show he can do something, like anyone else. He'll absolutely be fired before year five for something less egregious than going 4-8.
  • Options
    HouhuskyHouhusky Member Posts: 5,537

dnc said:

Tequilla said:

Gladstone said:

jimmy wanted 4 preseason games just like the nfl

his O is averaging 10ppg lol

people forget it now but lake had tons of momentum and enthusiasm after he was hired and retained the recruiting class. one OC hire completely sabotaged the entire thing.

I wouldn’t put it all on the OC hire. He made plenty of other mistakes. If this team doesn’t win this year then expect the 2022 recruiting class to be average at best.
    Which is a fireable offense
    Jimmy will be here 5-10 years unless he goes 3-9 and even then it's no sure thing
    He's not going to be treated like Ty was. He doesn't have the built in excuse of taking over a shit program (which wasn't as shit as people wanted to say, I know) or of having to "clean things up" like Ty did.

Most importantly we didn't hire him after someone else fired him amidst accusations of them being racist. It's just not a landmine we have to dodge with him.

Jimmy will get 3 years to show he can do something, like anyone else. He'll absolutely be fired before year five for something less egregious than going 4-8.
    There is now real financial pressure to win that wasn't the case a year ago

The Pac 12 network is dead. The TV deals are up. The league is bleeding viewers. No stadium revenue this year. Reduced revenue across the bored

Suddenly winning matters again. Big time
    Youtube headquarters across the street from Pac12 SF headquarters...

Larry is going to meet with them any day now.... right... ?
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    It Jimmy is good, he’s gone to the NFL. It’s all the dude can talk about.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

I’m fine with that. It means he likely was winning the conference and beyond.
    Yep, #metoo
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,400
    Swaye's Wigwam

I've always liked coaches that we were afraid would go to the NFL more than those who we didn't

Colleges can keep any coach now. Money is the same and the lifespan is a lot longer if you're a winner

Jimmy being young may make him give it a shot because he can always come back to college like Nick did

Jimmy could be in the NFL now and be up for a head coaching job. Eric Sleeping with the Bienemy was never a college head coach but is in line for the NFL head job
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    If UW success can spring Jimmy to be the next corch of the Lions, I’m all for it.