Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

9 to 6

Comments

• Kingdome_UrinalsKingdome_Urinals Member Posts: 2,723
    Sounds like an offense replacing most of its starters under a new HC and OC. Not pretty.

Also, keep in mind Thomson is a sub 60% career passer.

Not hearing anything about RBs?
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825
    You're likely looking at very conservative playing calling, running the football often, playing field position, and playing to the strength of the defense.
  • sonics1993sonics1993 Member Posts: 1,460
    edited October 2020
    Gladstone said:

jimmy wanted 4 preseason games just like the nfl

his O is averaging 10ppg lol

people forget it now but lake had tons of momentum and enthusiasm after he was hired and retained the recruiting class. one OC hire completely sabotaged the entire thing.

I wouldn’t put it all on the OC hire. He made plenty of other mistakes. If this team doesn’t win this year then expect the 2022 recruiting class to be average at best.
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825

Gladstone said:

jimmy wanted 4 preseason games just like the nfl

his O is averaging 10ppg lol

people forget it now but lake had tons of momentum and enthusiasm after he was hired and retained the recruiting class. one OC hire completely sabotaged the entire thing.

I wouldn’t put it all on the OC hire. He made plenty of other mistakes. If this team doesn’t win this year then expect the 2022 recruiting class to be average at best.
    Which is a fireable offense
  • AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 7,049 Standard Supporter
    Tequilla said:

You're likely looking at very conservative playing calling, running the football often, playing field position, and playing to the strength of the defense.

Are we going to have the one defense in college football that does not have major lapses and executes at a high level? I doubt it.

They will be better than most but many of the top programs are struggling with this in 2020.

Would love to be wrong but the truth is we don’t have a Qb and we hired some that gives no reason to think we would be able develop one. An asst to the running back coach at a shit franchise ffs.

This program has talent but lake is in so far over his head it’s embarrassing.
  • CallMeBigErnCallMeBigErn Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,204 Swaye's Wigwam
    edited October 2020
    Might as well not even play the games.
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    @sonics1993 - why pama sama quit the team?
  • AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 7,049 Standard Supporter
    edited October 2020
    Emoterman said:

Tequilla said:

Are we going to have the one defense in college football that does not have major lapses and executes at a high level? I doubt it.

They will be better than most but many of the top programs are struggling with this in 2020.

Would love to be wrong but the truth is we don’t have a Qb and we hired some that gives no reason to think we would be able develop one. An asst to the running back coach at a shit franchise ffs.

This program has talent but lake is in so far over his head it’s embarrassing.
    Super easy to doog about this defense with the best DC in CFB predicated on DB and DT play, with legit elite DBs and DTs, not to mention Laiatu Latu sure to make a big step up, who I wish I could get any kind of report on his progress.
    We also lost our best two pass rushers. Safety play last year sucked as well as the inside linebackers. The difference vs the offense is I fully expect the coaches in charge to figure it out and they will play at a high level.

The biggest concern I have about the defense is many of the comparable defenses from years past at other programs around the country have been getting shredded. 2020 may be different different.
  • chuckchuck Member, Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,949 Swaye's Wigwam

chuck said:

For all we know the plan was to stop every drive and kick for the FG practice.

When I was reading this, I literally looked at the address bar to make sure I wasn't on Doogman.
    I get that. Really. I have a tendency not to react to partial info though. I expect the offense to be a train wreck. I just won't bitch about it until I know.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123

If the O line sucks again a change is required

Very little to no chance it will happen, but it should. We’ll see. I don’t see them being bad. At least they shouldn’t be.
  • EmotermanEmoterman Member Posts: 3,333

If the O line sucks again a change is required

Very little to no chance it will happen, but it should. We’ll see. I don’t see them being bad. At least they shouldn’t be.
    EWIWBI?