Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

9 to 6

Been hearing the QB's and the OL have been inconsistent all camp causing the offense to struggle. Hopefully, it's because the defense is dominant but I would be lying if I said I wasn't concerned. Starting off with Cal is going to be tough.

Comments

• Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,433
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Been hearing the QB's and the OL have been inconsistent all camp causing the offense to struggle. Hopefully, it's because the defense is dominant but I would be lying if I said I wasn't concerned. Starting off with Cal is going to be tough.

I don't think these QBs will see a secondary quite like Molden, McDuffie, Taylor, Turner, and Williams/Irving all season.

The OL comment is concerning, but I'm wondering if it's because the QBs are holding the ball too long resulting in coverage sacks. Reading between the lines, I guess the coaches will want someone with some athleticism and who can scramble.
  • Options
    NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    Jesus how hard is it to get Big Dick behind 3 tight ends, big mobile O-line coming off COVID social distancing... maybe “we” just suck
  • Options
    NoWarningJustDawgNoWarningJustDawg Member Posts: 1,000
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    edited October 2020

I don't think these QBs will see a secondary quite like Molden, McDuffie, Taylor, Turner, and Williams/Irving all season.

The OL comment is concerning, but I'm wondering if it's because the QBs are holding the ball too long resulting in coverage sacks. Reading between the lines, I guess the coaches will want someone with some athleticism and who can scramble.
    The OL may be concerning, but is it really surprising?
    I assume most here would have called Watty the weakest link on the OL last year, and now UW is pointing at the same guy as a returning veteran who we can expect a lot more from. And both returning players are in new positions. Kirkland seems great, but UW will have him for 8 games, or however fucking many actually get played, and then they're figuring this out again next year.

Also, still not convinced Huff is a good coach, and not just an ok coach and good recruiter. I want a team that can lean on an inferior opponent in the 4th quarter and run out the last few minutes.

Basically we? suck until we don't. Hopefully they use this shit-show of a year to figure out what that young talent is really capable of, so we can get back to "2022 will be special!"
  • Options
    theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,558
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    My only hope is that the 2016 offense was consistently dominated in the spring and fall by the defense. Iron sharpens iron and it turned out both units were pretty damn good that year. That said, I lean more towards the offense being a joke and our yearly loss to Cal will be epic.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,611
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Or because it's practice and the defense knows what the plays are.

Not saying offense isn't a concern, because it is,, but it isn't because of a 9-6 scrimmage. For all we know the plan was to stop every drive and kick for the FG practice.
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,896
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    @sonics1993 were you at the scrimmage or did you just seen the score? Not challenging your assessment, just hoping the "alternate score keeping" theory that many people are claiming today is true.

Also, what a fucking situation with Huff. Our one consistently solid recruiter is an absolute shitstain as a position coach.
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,974
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    The offense just sucks. They hired a shit coach to run it. We have shit prospects at QB (garbers could be okay actually). They have talent everywhere but quarterback though and they will still suck. Calling my shot. Not that it is particularly much of a hot take.
  • Options
    Kingdome_UrinalsKingdome_Urinals Member Posts: 2,605
    First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes

The offense just sucks. They hired a shit coach to run it. We have shit prospects at QB (garbers could be okay actually). They have talent everywhere but quarterback though and they will still suck. Calling my shot. Not that it is particularly much of a hot take.

This is what I sense. Thomson, Sirmon, Morris are totally average QBs. I would expect a dropoff from the Browning and Eason years, which were not scintillating to begin with.
  • Options
    1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,297
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    ILB is a concern for me as well. Remember late last season, can't remember if it was a fumble recovery or interception, but Sirmon had the ball with acres of green in front of him, it looked like a TD, but then at least 81 guys and a few coaches all caught up to him effortlessly?

Whether it happened or not, I do remember that, and that guy is starting at WIL. 5.2 second 40 and all.
  • Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,433

@sonics1993 were you at the scrimmage or did you just seen the score? Not challenging your assessment, just hoping the "alternate score keeping" theory that many people are claiming today is true.

Also, what a fucking situation with Huff. Our one consistently solid recruiter is an absolute shitstain as a position coach.

Wasn’t at the scrimmage, these were take ways texted to me. Told it was a full scrimmage as they want to decide on a QB soon.These were some of the takeaways given to me:
    - OL inconsistent with missed assignments and gave up to my CB penetration.
    - QB’s were missing readings and not being accurate.

- ILB still a work in progress

On the positive side:
    -Rome was really spoken highly of
    - Interior DL was doing a great job at the point of attack
    - DB’s we’re providing tight coverage

These are notes from a guy who gives it to me straight. Not that everyone is a beast and going to have a big year BS
    Sounds like the offense is still too complicated

How long until the QBs get their reads down?