Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Why the mess in Portland matters to the globe

Comments

• Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,646
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker

Murray is an interesting dude. I find that I agree with a lot of what he says.

I knew little about him, and had this impression of him as a conservative who perhaps was tinged with a racist outlook. That was a very unfair assessment for me to make, but it was based on things I heard and read. But when I heard him on Rogan, and then yesterday with Weinstein, I loved the guy. I'm totally on board. Brilliant thinker, big balls, and much foresight.

He travels the USA and can see things as an outsider. I winced when he said it is shocking how poorly educated the vast majority of Americans are and what that portends for our future.

I agree when he said that the future of the world hinges greatly on how America fares.
    The problem is now that being "educated" but having no actual skills (aka most grads) is imo even worse than being uneducated.

That's how bad it is.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,452
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

I knew little about him, and had this impression of him as a conservative who perhaps was tinged with a racist outlook. That was a very unfair assessment for me to make, but it was based on things I heard and read. But when I heard him on Rogan, and then yesterday with Weinstein, I loved the guy. I'm totally on board. Brilliant thinker, big balls, and much foresight.

He travels the USA and can see things as an outsider. I winced when he said it is shocking how poorly educated the vast majority of Americans are and what that portends for our future.

I agree when he said that the future of the world hinges greatly on how America fares.
    The problem is now that being "educated" but having no actual skills (aka most grads) is imo even worse than being uneducated.

That's how bad it is.
    That's a great point
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,452
    Founders Club

Douglas’s comment on the disorder in the faces in the mugshots was chilling.

Glad I got the fuck out.

Joe Rogan has talked about it too. That you can see the mental disorders just by looking into their faces
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 42,132

Glad I got the fuck out.

Joe Rogan has talked about it too. That you can see the mental disorders just by looking into their faces
    Smear the queer and some decent mental institutions would have solved this problem years ago.
  • Options
    LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 13,146
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

That's how bad it is.
    Spending 100k and “working hard” for 4 years is the macro level equivalent of a middle manager who is in his seat 8-5 forwarding emails around and making charts.

Effort does not equal accomplishment
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,206
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

Glad I got the fuck out.

Malformed souls.
  • Options
    Bob_CBob_C Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 9,239
    5 Up Votes Photogenic First Anniversary 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

They’re aren’t any actual racists left.

That's how bad it is.
    Thomas Sowell has been on that point for a long time. They fee entitled because of education and become resentful.

Trump could get on Mt Rushmore if he could dismantle federal education loan programs in 2nd term.
  • Options
    PHD_DawgPHD_Dawg Member Posts: 154
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    I love hearing shit like this from people who don't live here. It's a few blocks downtown. You wouldn't know anything had been any different for the past 5 months from a mile away, outside of a few isolated incidents.
  • Options
    PHD_DawgPHD_Dawg Member Posts: 154
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Name Dropper

this is hilarious coming from a Rogan fan
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    Standard Supporter
    PHD_Dawg said:

this is hilarious coming from a Rogan fan
    Go on...
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,688
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    The state of Oregon is uneducated and doesn't give a shit about education. Leave Washington and California out of it, and what does he base that claim on anyways? In terms of software UK seems way behind and just copies whatever the hell we do and teach anyways.

Downtown Portland is an absolute embarrassment, but the rest of the city is fine and has been this whole time.
  • Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 31,307
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    It matters to me because we now have people in power that will allow their political allies to commit crimes at will without punishment. They will lose them on their own citizens that do not agree with them with carte blanche to loot, burn, assault and murder. This isn't the America I know nor the America that were intended to live in. One side is actually in a physical war. It'll be interesting when Trump crushes Biden. Lets see what these communist assholes do. There may be less of them if they get too frisky!
  • Options
    LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 13,146
    Founders Club
    PHD_Dawg said:

I love hearing shit like this from people who don't live here. It's a few blocks downtown. You wouldn't know anything had been any different for the past 5 months from a mile away, outside of a few isolated incidents.

93% peaceful
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,688
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    PHD_Dawg said:

What's more pathetic is the ridiculous lockdown rules at all the breweries whereas in downtown Vancouver just north, everyone is partying again.

Downtown is our Chaz. It's okay though because I've been told that the chaz in Seattle was just a festival so it's not as embarrassing as it sounds like.
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

That's how bad it is.
    It should be rather uncontroversial:

- Educated + Practical Skills = #1
    - Non-Educated + Practical Skills = #2
    - Educated + No Practical Skills = #3
    - Uneducated + No Practical Skills = #4 and worst.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    Standard Supporter

Douglas Murray, British thinker and author, is on a tour of the chaos of the west coast. He and Bret Weinstein have a discussion about the train wreck that is Portland and other west coast cities.

Super enlightening but ultimately traumatizing to realize the trajectory we’re on.

https://youtu.be/E7LMSZ2xsRs

Listening now, good chit, thank you