Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Why the mess in Portland matters to the globe

13»

Comments

• creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,959
    edited October 2020
    haie said:

The state of Oregon is uneducated and doesn't give a shit about education. Leave Washington and California out of it, and what does he base that claim on anyways? In terms of software UK seems way behind and just copies whatever the hell we do and teach anyways.

Downtown Portland is an absolute embarrassment, but the rest of the city is fine and has been this whole time.

You must not have gotten far outside of Seattle when you were here. Seattle and Portland, aka, Seattle Lite, are the same places. Everywhere else in Washington and Oregon are the same. Literally the same. The lines on the map mean absolutlely nothing sans for pumping gas, sales and income tax.

• PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,490 Swaye's Wigwam

haie said:

The state of Oregon is uneducated and doesn't give a shit about education. Leave Washington and California out of it, and what does he base that claim on anyways? In terms of software UK seems way behind and just copies whatever the hell we do and teach anyways.

Downtown Portland is an absolute embarrassment, but the rest of the city is fine and has been this whole time.

You must not have gotten far outside of Seattle when you were here. Seattle and Portland, aka, Seattle Lite, are the same places. Everywhere else in Washington and Oregon are the same. Literally the same. The lines on the map mean absolutlely nothing sans for pumping gas, sales and income tax.

Eh. The truth is in the middle.

Western WA/OR share similarities but are definitely different enough.

Seattle is very corporate. Portland REALLY isn't.
  • Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,521 Founders Club
    The problem is mayor pencil neck abdicated his responsibility for political reasons and it's setting an awful precedent. I get that it's isolated but this should have been stamped out by early June.
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,959

haie said:

Eh. The truth is in the middle.

Western WA/OR share similarities but are definitely different enough.

Seattle is very corporate. Portland REALLY isn't.
    Mostly the same. Seattle is better and of course there are differences in the city. But a lot of similarities.

Outside of urban areas? Mostly the same.
  • BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member Posts: 11,157
    PHD_Dawg said:

Murray is an interesting dude. I find that I agree with a lot of what he says.

I knew little about him, and had this impression of him as a conservative who perhaps was tinged with a racist outlook. That was a very unfair assessment for me to make, but it was based on things I heard and read. But when I heard him on Rogan, and then yesterday with Weinstein, I loved the guy. I'm totally on board. Brilliant thinker, big balls, and much foresight.

He travels the USA and can see things as an outsider. I winced when he said it is shocking how poorly educated the vast majority of Americans are and what that portends for our future.

I agree when he said that the future of the world hinges greatly on how America fares.
    this is hilarious coming from a Rogan fan
    You must have a 1" pecker to come up with a name like Phd Dawg. Tell me more about how mentally superior you are to the rest of humanity.
  • Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,521 Founders Club
    Is PhDumb Dawg cirrhosis resurrected?
  • SledogSledog Member Posts: 33,108 Standard Supporter
    edited October 2020

PHD_Dawg said:

Murray is an interesting dude. I find that I agree with a lot of what he says.

I knew little about him, and had this impression of him as a conservative who perhaps was tinged with a racist outlook. That was a very unfair assessment for me to make, but it was based on things I heard and read. But when I heard him on Rogan, and then yesterday with Weinstein, I loved the guy. I'm totally on board. Brilliant thinker, big balls, and much foresight.

He travels the USA and can see things as an outsider. I winced when he said it is shocking how poorly educated the vast majority of Americans are and what that portends for our future.

I agree when he said that the future of the world hinges greatly on how America fares.
    this is hilarious coming from a Rogan fan
    You must have a 1" pecker to come up with a name like Phd Dawg. Tell me more about how mentally superior you are to the rest of humanity.
    It stands for Punily Hung Dude.