Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Official Gameday Gardening thread

13»

Comments

• Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,156
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Our first dog got the run o the yard for one year. He too did the wear a path thing and he also like to prune bushes for no reason. That got my wife involved. We had a big deck complex so I fenced it in and he got the area under the deck to dig and destroy to his hearts content
  • Options
    LebamDawgLebamDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,532
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Just bought a new kiwi vine today. Lost one this spring. The 90 degree day in April followed by 5 nights of hard freeze screwed the kiwi and fig tree up.
    That’s all
  • Options
    1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,297
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I went out to the back of the property yesterday, painful club foot and all, and pounded stakes into the ground around my dog's grave/tree and fenced it in so the deer won't use it as a scratching post and destroy it like the willow that used to be there.

Weird tree. I'm hoping it makes it, but I think my wife was led astray by the garden center that sold it to her. She specifically asked for a shade tolerant tree that's happy in standing water at points in the year (gets pretty wet back there, hence the willow we previously planted), and once we looked up what this thing is, it calls for full sun and well drained soil. Looking at the tag now, it's a "Red Fox Katsura," whatever that is.