Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,568 Founders Club
    edited May 2014
    It seems like a big hike, even over seven years. I don't think it will kill tens of thousands of jobs like the business element always claims, but what is it now there, nine something? It's the vegan eating, Prius driving, guilty white liberal element throwing a bone to the workin' class, IMO.
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,489 Standard Supporter
    470,000 people...

We're going to need a bigger fire
  • QuornDawgQuornDawg Member Posts: 1,162

It seems like a big hike, even over seven years. I don't think it will kill tens of thousands of jobs like the business element always claims, but what is it now there, nine something? It's the vegan eating, Prius driving, guilty white liberal element throwing a bone to the workin' class, IMO.

The #1 "T" in my SWOT analyses. This year's 10-year plan has been the biggest pain in the ass of all that I have done because of that #fuckingdreckfest of a law which will likely go through in some form.

I work outside of Seattle, but close enough where we'll still have to raise wages to compete for labor
  • GulagDawgGulagDawg Member Posts: 200
    I like inflation.
  • GulagDawgGulagDawg Member Posts: 200
    People are getting more money. How can that be bad? It's not like businesses have cost structures or anything...
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    $15 is a little high for a burger flipper, but who really gives a fuck? What difference is it going to make in your lives?
  • QuornDawgQuornDawg Member Posts: 1,162
    IDGAFF about booger flippers. It will infect the whole wage structure for organizations in and around the Seattle limits. So you just plan for it. At least it is gradual. Year 1 not so bad. Year 2 - for my company at least (on 4 yr schedule) is when it gets fun
  • Mad_SonMad_Son Member Posts: 10,171
    What sort of shitty companies do you guys work at where anyone makes near $15/hour and that you can't even afford to pay that?
  • AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381

Switzerland scoffs at your puny $15 minimum wage.

• haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 21,586 Swaye's Wigwam
    If you go work at a Starbucks or whatever where it literally takes them 2 days to train you to do every fucking thing for your job, you're not worth 15$ an hour.
  • d2dd2d Member Posts: 3,109
    What the fuck are you commies bitching about? Make up your fucking minds.
  • oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288

It's not like he'll get much skinnier if workers get a few more bucks in their pockets.
  • OZONEOZONE Member Posts: 2,510
    I'm a fairly liberal guy, but I think the $15/hr minimum is a piss poor idea... burger flippers shouldn't be trying to raise a family... if they want to earn more, they should get better skills.

It will indeed infect the whole wage structure. If a welder's assistant, or mechanics apprentice, today earns $15/hr, what incentive will there be for people to be a welder's assistant if they can earn $15/hr just getting stoned and flipping burgers... so now you'll have to pay them $20/hr... and so on... it will cause inflation all the way up the line.

It is just going to create a lazy class of do nothings. At least in Europe, the class of lazy do nothings are educated... but here it will be a bunch of high school drop outs whose primary motivation in life is saving for their next tattoo and next bong.
    edited May 2014
    Switzerland - $25 /hr minimum wage (soon), most businesses are closed several hours a day in the middle of the day, more than a month of paid vacation, better health, better standard of living. The squalor of the current system here could use some change. We can do better than this and it's embarrassing that we don't. Would you rather be toiling in a shithole factory for 7.95 a hour with one week of paid vacation per year, or working in cheese hut with the cool mountain breeze, the sound of cowbells and crackling of avalanches on the pristine mountains right outside your doorstep. And without getting some fucking disease that some of these pig corporations will give you with the chemicals they use in their factories. But hey, at least you can sue them when you're 65 and dying in the hospital.
    Upvote for Seattle.
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781
    edited May 2014

Switzerland - $25 /hr minimum wage (soon), most businesses are closed several hours a day in the middle of the day, more than a month of paid vacation, better health, better standard of living. The squalor of the current system here could use some change. We can do better than this and it's embarrassing that we don't. Would you rather be toiling in a shithole factory for 7.95 a hour with one week of paid vacation per year, or working in cheese hut with the cool mountain breeze, the sound of cowbells and crackling of avalanches on the pristine mountains right outside your doorstep. And without getting some fucking disease that some of these pig corporations will give you with the chemicals they use in their factories. But hey, at least you can sue them when you're 65 and dying in the hospital.

Huh?

Switzerland does not currently have a minimum wage.

Switzerland has more economic freedom than the USA. A state mandated minimum wage is a step back for them. Simple fact.

Huh?

Switzerland does not currently have a minimum wage.

Switzerland has more economic freedom than the USA. A state mandated minimum wage is a step back for them. Simple fact.
    Switzerland's been doing it right for longer than America's been in existence. This will only separate them from the pack even more. Last time I checked, the franc was more valuable than the dollar. Used to be the other way around.