Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 18,680
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    In W Bellevue/Eastside the final straw will be kids not going back to schools. Nearly all the private schools announced today no in-person learning.

Expect inventory levels to rise significantly over the next few weeks.
  • 1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,280
    Swaye's Wigwam
    pawz said:

In W Bellevue/Eastside the final straw will be kids not going back to schools. Nearly all the private schools announced today no in-person learning.

Expect inventory levels to rise significantly over the next few weeks.

Inventory of booze in people's liquor cabinets?
  • Doog_de_JourDoog_de_Jour Member Posts: 7,955
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

https://msn.com/en-us/news/us/40-million-americans-are-at-risk-of-eviction-without-a-stimulus-bill/ar-BB17GEPC?ocid=msedgntp

Zoom this. I think its great that the 1% can now work from their oceanfront homes and not have to commute from their fabulously rich in town neighborhood. Might want to stock up on guns and ammo in case unwelcome guests show up

The thousands of small businesses and the millions of people already out may not find comfort in this

Sorry for being the man of the people but I am. We have the largest crisis in our history waiting for us when we? wake the fuck up from this dream

Don’t disagree with you there Race. It won’t help most people.

However, anything we can do to spread people and businesses out is a good thing.
  • pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 18,680
    Founders Club
    doogie said:

My oldest started a new position at a Big software co. in Feb. He manages a large highly visible project with teams of engineers. Hasn’t been to the office once.

He’s recently begun shopping for waterfront homes in more remote areas reflecting what he calls the new norm.

YEP. This is absolutely what's happening. It's my day-to-day existence.

Not sure how long the pent-up demand in Bellevue (to some degree Seattle) will last, but those than can are OUT.

It's beyond important to be priced aggressively right now. Now is not the time to be greedy.
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,800
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

doogie said:

My oldest started a new position at a Big software co. in Feb. He manages a large highly visible project with teams of engineers. Hasn’t been to the office once.

He’s recently begun shopping for waterfront homes in more remote areas reflecting what he calls the new norm.

I apologize I don’t have the KOMO4 link at the ready, but I read the Facebooks and Microsofts of the world are starting to be open to letting their employees LEAVE! mega-expensive Silicon Valley and Seattle to work/live wherever they want. It makes total sense. (Though I’m curious if they’ll try to fuck them over salary wise by saying “oh, you don’t have a high cost of living anymore.”)
    They absolutely will

If companies were smart they'd completely embrace this as a means of driving down labor costs as not only can they re-index compensation for people that live elsewhere, but as the costs in major cities drop, it will result in a lower indexing there as well.
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,800
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

https://msn.com/en-us/news/us/40-million-americans-are-at-risk-of-eviction-without-a-stimulus-bill/ar-BB17GEPC?ocid=msedgntp

Zoom this. I think its great that the 1% can now work from their oceanfront homes and not have to commute from their fabulously rich in town neighborhood. Might want to stock up on guns and ammo in case unwelcome guests show up

The thousands of small businesses and the millions of people already out may not find comfort in this

Sorry for being the man of the people but I am. We have the largest crisis in our history waiting for us when we? wake the fuck up from this dream

Don’t disagree with you there Race. It won’t help most people.

However, anything we can do to spread people and businesses out is a good thing.
    Honestly, it's so much bigger than this from my perspective

Going forward, what will actually be jobs that require people to be present? Food/Hospitality/Recreation? Essential services? Then what?

We've found that we can largely exist having products shipped to our homes. Companies get to lessen their footprint. Etc Etc Etc

I'm fascinated to see how companies reinvent themselves.
  • Blu82Blu82 Member Posts: 1,497
    Bloomberg is spot on as it relates to our neighborhood. Most homes here are 2nd or vacation homes and folks visiting for the summer have no intention of leaving this year.
    If you are a nanny or a retired teacher looking to do some tutoring you are a hot commodity right now. Also, our small town is looking forward to their financial shot in the arm this is going to provide.
    Private schools are swamped with applications.
  • Doog_de_JourDoog_de_Jour Member Posts: 7,955
    Standard Supporter
    Baseman said:

doogie said:

I’m hearing more businesses are allowing employees to keep bottles in their office desk drawers. “It’s no big deal,” one with knowledge said “everybody does it.”
    My office has a fridge full of beer in the conference room.

‘Cause we’re all about transparency.
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,044
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    None of this helps me as a male hooker.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,711
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

Tequilla said:

doogie said:

I apologize I don’t have the KOMO4 link at the ready, but I read the Facebooks and Microsofts of the world are starting to be open to letting their employees LEAVE! mega-expensive Silicon Valley and Seattle to work/live wherever they want. It makes total sense. (Though I’m curious if they’ll try to fuck them over salary wise by saying “oh, you don’t have a high cost of living anymore.”)
    They absolutely will

If companies were smart they'd completely embrace this as a means of driving down labor costs as not only can they re-index compensation for people that live elsewhere, but as the costs in major cities drop, it will result in a lower indexing there as well.
    Teq right, as labor demands lower prices salaries will reflect that. Actually a good thing long term for the US competitively but probably not for big US cities.

The Renaissance of US small towns will accelerate from having a microbrewery and coffee roaster to having tech workers and distance workers etc.

We are going to see urban decay and flight the same as before but at an accelerated pace. Sure doesn't seem like we learned anything politically from history as dem controlled cities are enacting the same self defeating policies.

This *might be the cure for small and medium sized cities in the rust belt if they position themselves correctly.
    your last sentence is so intriguing
  • UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,103
    Swaye's Wigwam

Tequilla said:

doogie said:

They absolutely will

Teq right, as labor demands lower prices salaries will reflect that. Actually a good thing long term for the US competitively but probably not for big US cities.

The Renaissance of US small towns will accelerate from having a microbrewery and coffee roaster to having tech workers and distance workers etc.

We are going to see urban decay and flight the same as before but at an accelerated pace. Sure doesn't seem like we learned anything politically from history as dem controlled cities are enacting the same self defeating policies.

This *might be the cure for small and medium sized cities in the rust belt if they position themselves correctly.
    your last sentence is so intriguing
    Low cost of living and real estate. Existing and under utilized airports and infrastructure for those couple of in person meetings in LA or NY.

The trouble is going to be the Dem legacy of fucking that all up with Government.