Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Why is it so fucking hard for so many people to admit...

Comments

• ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325

Doogles said:

The shut down will ultimately cost more lives than it saved, cook it.

Yeah, not gonna go that far.
    It will be interesting to see the suicide rate during the pandemic shutdown once they are released.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/05/12/coronavirus-crisis-creates-perfect-storm-for-suicide-risk-as-job-losses-soar-and-people-remain-isolated-at-home.html
    The annual total would have to double to match the dead through 3 months from COVID (who knows how much more beyond that).

Would be sad to see, but I doubt it happens.
  • doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    COVID dead or covid* dead?
  • Bob_CBob_C Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,179 Swaye's Wigwam

That most people value their jobs, their ability to make ends meet, provide for their family, etc....more than the lives of elderly people with existing medical conditions? That's reality. But some would have us believe that to be the mentality of somebody who is EVIL. Really? 80% of people in the world are evil? Kind of begs the fucking definition of evil, doesn't it you stupid ass prick?

I'm not sure who I'm talking to. Just people in general. All these people keep pointing out that people are dying. Guess what? Actions speak louder than words. And the actions of American people are clear....the economy is more important. End of story. Give the American people what they want.

Much like the Kurds, no one actually cares about the lives of the elderly people they claim to be outraged over. It’s opportunism, the left waited for Trump to show his cards and then jumped on the other side with full steam. Didn’t matter what his stance was, they took the other side and jiggered their argument to take the perceived high moral ground.
  • DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,543 Founders Club

Doogles said:

The shut down will ultimately cost more lives than it saved, cook it.

Yeah, not gonna go that far.
    It will be interesting to see the suicide rate during the pandemic shutdown once they are released.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/05/12/coronavirus-crisis-creates-perfect-storm-for-suicide-risk-as-job-losses-soar-and-people-remain-isolated-at-home.html
    The annual total would have to double to match the dead through 3 months from COVID (who knows how much more beyond that).

Would be sad to see, but I doubt it happens.
    It's safe to say the books are getting cooked in every way depending on your side of the aisle.

Outside of news telling me I need to be terrified, I'm personally not seeing it. Healthy young people aren't dying. The people that are seem to be one foot out or compromised which makes it easy to muddy the water in the actual cause of death. I'm not saying Covid isn't doing damage, but how this has played out is beyond science (aka Political as fuck).

I think a fair way to look at Covid will be taking all the deaths of the season (flu, heart disease, etc) and comparing it to the average. Anything above that is the Covid Bumper crop of deaths.

Deaths by increased suicide, overdose, and starvation by the lockdown and ensuing economic depression will be Huge.
  • TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,862 Standard Supporter

If Trump would have shut down the economy on a national level several months ago, the economy would be in even worse shape, and his chances of re-election would have taken a massive blow. Yet, so many people are saying he should have done that. Where is the logic in saying that the president shouldn't governor based on the wishes of the people?

If trump would have shut down travel from China and other countries in December the left would have completely lost their shit.
    They did completely lose their shit when he finally did it. Funny how short some memories are on that subject. And that there was an Impeachment thingy going on at the same time, too. Gee, wonder what slowed the Prez down?
  • doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    Yeah but, he let US Citizens return home!
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,355 Founders Club
    salemcoog said:

SFGbob said:

@ThomasFremont will call you a whining Slave Wage who shouldn’t have a mortgage and/or kids because his Democrat governor says some jobs are essential and others aren’t in this artificial government-controlled job market.

Nah, just you. You’ve been a whiny cunt the entire time you’ve been here.
    Ironic.
    I’m a legend here. You’re some duck faggot that cries about his salary being cut while posting here all day long...Gee I wonder how they came to that decision.
    It's amazing the perception of what $129 can buy for some.
    I'll take "Things a Freeloader Says" for $800 Alex.
  • BendintheriverBendintheriver Member Posts: 5,836 Standard Supporter
    HHusky said:

That most people value their jobs, their ability to make ends meet, provide for their family, etc....more than the lives of elderly people with existing medical conditions? That's reality. But some would have us believe that to be the mentality of somebody who is EVIL. Really? 80% of people in the world are evil? Kind of begs the fucking definition of evil, doesn't it you stupid ass prick?

I'm not sure who I'm talking to. Just people in general. All these people keep pointing out that people are dying. Guess what? Actions speak louder than words. And the actions of American people are clear....the economy is more important. End of story. Give the American people what they want.

Death panels kinda grow on you after awhile. Glad to see so many of you coming around.
    The death panels are the rats. Did you not see how many rat Governors put the sick back into nursing homes and assisted living?

FFS HH, think before you type.

The worst place to be if you are a sick senior citizen is in NY under the thumb of Cuomo. He has blood on his hands.
  • KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,823
    Swaye said:

salemcoog said:

SFGbob said:

@ThomasFremont will call you a whining Slave Wage who shouldn’t have a mortgage and/or kids because his Democrat governor says some jobs are essential and others aren’t in this artificial government-controlled job market.

Ironic.
    I’m a legend here. You’re some duck faggot that cries about his salary being cut while posting here all day long...Gee I wonder how they came to that decision.
    $129 isn't gonna raise my status here or anywhere.
    salemcoog said:

Swaye said:

salemcoog said:

SFGbob said:

Ironic.
    Actually it would.
  • MelloDawgMelloDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,505 Swaye's Wigwam
    edited May 2020

The same smart-ass Hypocrites dismissing their elders with "OK Boomer" a few short months ago are now cynically weaponizing the same group's grief and fear to score political points.

Fuck any Prick or Cunt who does that shit.

Disagreeing politically with an elderly citizen in a condescending manner and not wanting them to die can be mutually exclusive.
  • WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 14,997 Standard Supporter

This is the false narrative that has nothing to do with science. Opening schools in the falls and playing outdoor football has no impact on the lives of elderly persons unless they want it to. They are free to shelter in place and have Safeway and Amazon deliver their stuff. Or live in a locked down nursing home with testing. My tailgating in September when its 84 degrees isn't killing anyone. At least anymore than the flu in 1958 or 1968.

The same smart-ass Hypocrites dismissing their elders with "OK Boomer" a few short months ago are now cynically weaponizing the same group's grief and fear to score political points.

Fuck any Prick or Cunt who does that shit.

OK Boomer!
  • NorthwestFreshNorthwestFresh Member Posts: 7,972
    edited May 2020

SFGbob said:

Ironic.
    A legendary whiner who mocks people who want to work. Have you told @BearsWiin that his wife wears the pants.

SFGbob said:

Ironic.
    A legendary whiner who mocks people who want to work.
    You can work. You’re choosing not to.

Why don’t you break off some of those new Montana bucks and donate to be here like a REAL man??? Bidness is booming, right? Or you can use some of your Trump bucks. Or you can take your ass down to the corner and start giving out how ever many handjobs it takes for you to come up with $129 measly dollars.

You can afford it, right?
    edited May 2020

salemcoog said:

Swaye said:

salemcoog said:

SFGbob said:

Ironic.
    Actually it would.
    Global pandemic but this guy is bragging about being a legend on a message board that he paid $129 for to buy his friends. It’s an online frat for dweebs that can’t get laid. How is the trust fund looking, Tommy?

salemcoog said:

Swaye said:

salemcoog said:

SFGbob said:

Ironic.
    Actually it would.
    Global pandemic but this guy is bragging about being a legend on a message board that he paid $129 for to buy his friends. It’s an online frat for dweebs that can’t get laid. How is the trust fund looking, Tommy?
    So you can’t afford it. Just say that. Don’t blame others like you do for all your other problems.
    Also, I AM a legend. I’m sorry that bothers you so much.
    edited May 2020

salemcoog said:

Swaye said:

salemcoog said:

SFGbob said:

Ironic.
    Actually it would.
    So you can’t afford it. Just say that. Don’t blame others like you do for all your other problems.
    I’m not looking to buy my way into legendary status, Spaulding. I’m in your head right now and I have not spent anything other than time. Notice how nobody else is agreeing with you mocking people who have been told they aren’t essential workers by your Democrat public employees, Tommy?