Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

23%

Comments

• Options
    MelloDawgMelloDawg Member Posts: 6,239
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    edited May 2020
    salemcoog said:

WJW.

They should just give him the covid cookies tonight and put him out of his misery.
    There are plenty of Biden gaffes and there will be plenty more, this wasn’t one of them. The idea that 95% of what he says is incomprehensible will be a fun trope to watch play out and is an easy sell if you’ve already made up your mind on him.

The bonus points go to the “this is so hard and depressing to watch” crowd, some of whom are genuine, many aren’t.
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,480
    Swaye's Wigwam
    MelloDawg said:

salemcoog said:

WJW.

They should just give him the covid cookies tonight and put him out of his misery.
    There are plenty of Biden gaffes and there will be plenty more, this wasn’t one of them. The idea that 95% of what he says is incomprehensible will be a fun trope to watch play out and is an easy sell if you’ve already made up your mind on him.

The bonus points go to the “this is so hard and depressing to watch” crowd, some of whom are genuine, many aren’t.
    Can you imagine him in a meeting with someone like Putin?

He would end up giving Alaska back to Russia with the "look there, sign here" trick.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,482
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    What happens if a school refuses to play? Seems like a pretty easy solution to me - you take them off the schedule
  • Options
    doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    edited May 2020

The day the fake 2 million dead model came out was when Trump blinked. I'd like to think I wouldn't have but his own party panicked too. And if it was right who wants to be the guy to kill 2 million Americans

That's the past. We need to win the future

Next week will be really bad
    I heard Experts said the #SecondWave will be deadlier than the first and will Strike Down the Young and Healthy, true?
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,753
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment

salemcoog said:

In my opinion, Trump has not been up to leadership task that the tims require.

In in the Grumble Camp on this one. I've admitted here many times that I am sympathetic to some of his policy goals vis a vis China, border security and no more nation building adventures. But pandemics are just not suited to his strengths. The messaging is just too sloppy and all over the map. We need clear, calm fireside chat type stuff to calm the irrational fears and get through this shit.
    What should Trump have done that would have generated a better outcome here today May 14, 2020?
    Xenophobic travel ban on Dec 31 and lock down granny in the nursing homes.
    Not sure if serious. But in hindsight, they should have left the positive cases in the Homes and taken the healthy ones to the empty hospitals. Since it all started in a nursing home, it shouldn't have been that hard to see that.
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,753
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment

What happens if a school refuses to play? Seems like a pretty easy solution to me - you take them off the schedule

Thanks for the info Franny.
  • Options
    doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    Heard also that if you’re Young and Healthy and enjoy a Young and Healthy Lifestyle? Kiss it goodbye if you catch Vid. It ravages your lungs and you Never heal.
  • Options
    WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 14,316
    Standard Supporter
    salemcoog said:

salemcoog said:

In in the Grumble Camp on this one. I've admitted here many times that I am sympathetic to some of his policy goals vis a vis China, border security and no more nation building adventures. But pandemics are just not suited to his strengths. The messaging is just too sloppy and all over the map. We need clear, calm fireside chat type stuff to calm the irrational fears and get through this shit.
    What should Trump have done that would have generated a better outcome here today May 14, 2020?
    Xenophobic travel ban on Dec 31 and lock down granny in the nursing homes.
    Not sure if serious. But in hindsight, they should have left the positive cases in the Homes and taken the healthy ones to the empty hospitals. Since it all started in a nursing home, it shouldn't have been that hard to see that.
    Not enough hospitals. Lots more nursing homes than hospitals.
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,285
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

Actually since it isnt that big of a deal we dont need shit.
    It’s a big deal. Not 2 million dead big deal and not worth the trade off of sending the US into a Great Depression and all that entails.
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,672
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker

Actually since it isnt that big of a deal we dont need shit.
    It’s a big deal. Not 2 million dead big deal and not worth the trade off of sending the US into a Great Depression and all that entails.
    Gotta get trump out tho
  • Options
    NorthwestFreshNorthwestFresh Member Posts: 7,972
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker

Yes. And no. At least he's not afraid to lead now.

We have threads here about the state leaders paralyzed by fear of reopening

Trump is back to let her rip. Which is what we need now.

While I think he should have told the governors to fuck off I don't think he could

So he saved 2 million lives

Tough crowd
    Here in Blue-ass Warshington, I am angry as hell over being caught in the political scrum between governor, congress and Trump.
    What’s the scrum? Seems like Inslee took the ball, ran home, and is making up his own rules now.
  • Options
    NorthwestFreshNorthwestFresh Member Posts: 7,972
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker

salemcoog said:

Maybe not spend 3+ years antagonizing half the country, eroding trust, and being a liar?

Just a thought.
    He’s Putin’s puppet though. I heard it on The News.
  • Options
    RoadTripRoadTrip Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,375
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    dnc said:

I've actually been pleasantly surprised with what he's done. He hasn't panicked and shut everything down like the left would have but hasn't ignored it and done nothing like many on the right would have. Testing has been a debacle but at least the CDC shares some of that blame. And somehow he hasn't fired Fauci despite his notoriously itchy trigger finger and his seemingly constant willingness to pander to his base's thirst for blood.

I would have expected him to handle this worse than he has.

To Yella's poont his communication has been as inconsistent and ill-informed as one would expect though. That matters, not as much as what he *does*, but it still matters.

I can't really think of a politician I think would have done much better through this though. Maybe Mitt. Maybe.

Sark > Ty and all that but Trump has exceeded my minuscule expectations. I'm fairly okay with him being in charge through this.

I think we'd be pretty fucked with just about anyone in charge.
    Mitt? Fuck that guy! He's the worst fucking kind of politician. And he wears magic underware and thinks he's going to inherit a planet of which he'll be a god to all the souls he bought (apparenty prays for) here on Earth. He'd be the epitome of the pajama wearing, hot cocoa sipping faggot, beta male to promote Obamacare.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    What Grundle? You like Romney or do you think I was too hard on the LDS? Do you think he's a good politician? Fuck me that you Fuck Offed me
  • Options
    Founders Club

What Grundle? You like Romney or do you think I was too hard on the LDS? Do you think he's a good politician? Fuck me that you Fuck Offed me

So fans of Mitt Romney...got it
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited May 2020

If Romney would have won, trump wouldn’t be president. But he sucked because he had binders full of women and was literally Hitler
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,482
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

So fans of Mitt Romney...got it
    You seem upset