Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

An attempt to cut through the shit

Comments

• Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,583
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    The most ridiculous thing the left ever did was somehow paint republicans as the poor and dumb people.

Of course it destroyed them since white blue collar workers are the biggest voting bloc in the nation and they decided to tell them to fuck off.
  • Options
    doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    edited May 2020

I thought we? were cutting through the shit? Are you attempting to talk to OBK and Sleddy in a rational discourse? Lulz

I think there's a lot less "sophisticated coordination" but a LOT MORE "guiding philosophy".

Look no further than our disjointed but monolithic Fed to see how even with disunity a shit ton of damage can be done when enough people think the state is the solution.

Well, come on. The initial response was basically, "but leftist politicians". I know that. I wouldn't have posted War & Peace to that. And unless OBK and Sleddy (btw not really fair to Sleddy to lump him in with OBK) have multiple alt handles, they're not alone in thinking there's a lot going on beneath the surface.

Take the vaccines. As far as I can tell, that's not an issue that is automatically political. Sorry; feet taped to the pedals on that. People all over the spectrum have extreme views on that. But there's (what I assume to be rhetoric) that it's all part of some global take-over scheme. Not Bill Gates, a guy we? only ever used to hate because he didn't give a shit about UW football, is on equal footing with Soros, Killary, and the Heinz ketchup people. Or whatever.

I know you boot. You know exactly what I'm talking about here.
    The governor gang made it clear it was there call. Why wouldn't they get the blame?

It's been clear that they were wrong for awhile now yet they kept adding restrictions

Why don't you justify that
    ?
    I can't, and am not motivated to. As I said, the first part of your post about it being mishandled is my going assumption. But I mentioned in chapter 13 of my post, a lot of our? fellow citizens are becoming more and more convinced it's a lot more than bungling.
    Because they won't let it go IMO

There was a headline this morning

Trump praises governors for reopening even as they ignore federal guidelines

I chuckled

The guidelines are stupid. Trump became a politician on this which I don't like. Yet he was right first like me.

The GOP got in a panic about November and read him the riot act but he won't stay on script.

At any rate enough of the bullshit. Open it up. Full throttle
    Please tell us you are For the cancellation of kids nursing home tours, right?
  • Options
    NorthwestFreshNorthwestFresh Member Posts: 7,972
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    Speaking of prime time network TV, I’m just old enough to barely remember sitting with dear dad watching Good Times, Sanford and Son, Chico and the Man, and What’s Happening, and definitely old enough to remember watching The Jeffersons and 227. Oh, that Jackee’ has such attitude!

Anyhow, shows like that now would be criticized for being degrading to blacks based on they were all poor or recently removed from poor (George Jefferson shout out) even though they always had a goofy white guy on it who was a friend but the butt of funny unPC jokes. Meanwhile today, we have unfunny SJW garbage like Blackish that my daughters seem to watch only to increase their white-guilt levels and and spike their Woke status.

Also, gas was less than a dollar a gallon.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,264
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Results matter more than motivation. At best and benign this is a massive public policy mistake unseen by me before

Once that happens a crisis will not go to waste

You have to admit there is an attachment to this that is bizarre. Let it fucking go

The people that fucked up are fine with calling everyone a tin foil hat wearing magatard. Takes the light off of a massive fuck up

Plenty of us here from day 1 said DON'T

There is no middle. The bootlicker authorities telling us to listen to experts need to be publicly beaten

See you in Aptos

This is my point. I assume when I wake up in the morning that THAT is what I'm dealing with. And yet I'm surrounded, here and in real life, with people who think it's much, much, much more sinister and coordinated than that.

And I know every single one of you knows exactly to what I'm referring. THAT is what I'm wanting to get a little more flesh on the bone about.
    Your wrong

This board is what it is and it knew more than the experts

Don't blame the people for a massive government fuck up

And if you don't think the left has glommed onto this as their latest hope I can't help you

We tend to use what they say and do against them
    We?

Nobody knew the math of this thing until it played out. Anybody can say "they were wrong." We'll agree to disagree about that.

Finally, don't take that tone with me old man. You forget, of course, ...

That's why we never closed the country based on the ESPN Win Predictor before

I said they were wrong day 1. Look it up.
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    Swaye's Wigwam

I thought we? were cutting through the shit? Are you attempting to talk to OBK and Sleddy in a rational discourse? Lulz

I think there's a lot less "sophisticated coordination" but a LOT MORE "guiding philosophy".

Look no further than our disjointed but monolithic Fed to see how even with disunity a shit ton of damage can be done when enough people think the state is the solution.

Well, come on. The initial response was basically, "but leftist politicians". I know that. I wouldn't have posted War & Peace to that. And unless OBK and Sleddy (btw not really fair to Sleddy to lump him in with OBK) have multiple alt handles, they're not alone in thinking there's a lot going on beneath the surface.

Take the vaccines. As far as I can tell, that's not an issue that is automatically political. Sorry; feet taped to the pedals on that. People all over the spectrum have extreme views on that. But there's (what I assume to be rhetoric) that it's all part of some global take-over scheme. Not Bill Gates, a guy we? only ever used to hate because he didn't give a shit about UW football, is on equal footing with Soros, Killary, and the Heinz ketchup people. Or whatever.

The governor gang made it clear it was there call. Why wouldn't they get the blame?

It's been clear that they were wrong for awhile now yet they kept adding restrictions

?
    I can't, and am not motivated to. As I said, the first part of your post about it being mishandled is my going assumption. But I mentioned in chapter 13 of my post, a lot of our? fellow citizens are becoming more and more convinced it's a lot more than bungling.
    You ask a question that begs an answer assuming people here know the answer. We don’t. Why keep asking?
    I'm not.

I'm defending my thesis. Quit picking on me.

@dnc
    You’re defending your thesis against people who are asking no questions re: your thesis
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,741
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

Results matter more than motivation. At best and benign this is a massive public policy mistake unseen by me before

You have to admit there is an attachment to this that is bizarre. Let it fucking go

The people that fucked up are fine with calling everyone a tin foil hat wearing magatard. Takes the light off of a massive fuck up

There is no middle. The bootlicker authorities telling us to listen to experts need to be publicly beaten

See you in Aptos

This is my point. I assume when I wake up in the morning that THAT is what I'm dealing with. And yet I'm surrounded, here and in real life, with people who think it's much, much, much more sinister and coordinated than that.

And I know every single one of you knows exactly to what I'm referring. THAT is what I'm wanting to get a little more flesh on the bone about.
    Your wrong

And if you don't think the left has glommed onto this as their latest hope I can't help you

We?

Nobody knew the math of this thing until it played out. Anybody can say "they were wrong." We'll agree to disagree about that.

I'm just sayin'. Sometimes it's better to be lucky than good. Nobody knew. But it sounds like you believe, as do I, that whatever the motivation to save face now, the initial response was made in good faith. Unless you aren't saying that.

I honestly don't know why my post has engendered such emotional responses. It's just a question.
  • Options

?
    You ask a question that begs an answer assuming people here know the answer. We don’t. Why keep asking?
    I'm not.

I'm defending my thesis. Quit picking on me.

@dnc
    You’re defending your thesis against people who are asking no questions re: your thesis

• Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

See you in Aptos

Your wrong

We?

I'm just sayin'. Sometimes it's better to be lucky than good. Nobody knew. But it sounds like you believe, as do I, that whatever the motivation to save face now, the initial response was made in good faith. Unless you aren't saying that.

I honestly don't know why my post has engendered such emotional responses. It's just a question.
    I'm not ready to say good faith yet. I said that's the benign reason but it's still a high crime when you look at the carnage that has just begun

We don't close the country for a virus. Why was this different?

When I hear we will never do it again I'll reconsider good faith.

There was politics at play. Always. The left is a fucking Terminator
  • Options
    Bob_CBob_C Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,900
    Photogenic First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Founders Club
    The healthcare capacity and supplies argument actually made some sense logically on the surface. Until the actuals came in.

The high crime was the pivot once that was obliterated.
  • Options

See you in Aptos

Your wrong

We?

I'm not ready to say good faith yet. I said that's the benign reason but it's still a high crime when you look at the carnage that has just begun

Well, then Trump went along. As I've said, how situations like this are handled has Executive Branch written all over it. He hasn't been shy about firing people before.

As for the governors ... there's gotta be a Commerce Clause argument somewhere to override these fuckers. Or national defense. Or violation of federal constitutional laws. Last time I checked, the old piece of paper in DC trumps the one in Olympia.

Yeah, people said he was racist for the China travel ... but they said that early and people say a lot of things. Trump is supposed to be tuffer than worrying about shit like that. When the people got sufficiently scared - when the country had its collective "oh shit" moment - and it did - that got dropped like a hot potato and the only place I see it mentioned now is here.

Not surprised at all that his political adversaries would use a bad situation to gain political traction. That's politics.

• Options
    ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

See you in Aptos

Your wrong

We?

Well, then Trump went along. As I've said, how situations like this are handled has Executive Branch written all over it. He hasn't been shy about firing people before.

As for the governors ... there's gotta be a Commerce Clause argument somewhere to override these fuckers. Or national defense. Or violation of federal constitutional laws. Last time I checked, the old piece of paper in DC trumps the one in Olympia.

Yeah, people said he was racist for the China travel ... but they said that early and people say a lot of things. Trump is supposed to be tuffer than worrying about shit like that. When the people got sufficiently scared - when the country had its collective "oh shit" moment - and it did - that got dropped like a hot potato and the only place I see it mentioned now is here.

Not surprised at all that his political adversaries would use a bad situation to gain political traction. That's politics.

Who’s paying you to run cover for the government stooges and their elite corporate overlords???
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

At what fucking cost? Jesus. So you're not in the middle.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-05-05/trump-says-u-s-must-reopen-even-if-more-americans-get-sick
  • Options

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-05-05/trump-says-u-s-must-reopen-even-if-more-americans-get-sick

Don't put words in my mouth or tell me where I am. Don't need your help there. I'm talking about the claims of racism and claims that he delayed reacting and claims that he was bungling it and claims that he hates science. That's all politics and fair game. But actually conspiring - and it would take an organized conspiracy to pull it off - to make this all up, or even just drag it out and not just ruin the economy, but obliterate it, would be a whole other level of bad. That might inspire even me with my good manners to put on a vest and get gun'd up.

We are where we are now. If anybody knew we would be here for what seems like unjustified reasons, we'd all have been in the streets ... then. This goes back to the original point: was this cooked up, or if not, is the need to drag it out being cooked up by a bunch of coordinated powers hell bent ... on what?

If so, it's a mighty bold play.
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Nothing gnu hear but the clear conspiracy is the bait and switch of the Dem governors on the West Coast and other areas. They went from the flattening of the curve to save Hospitals as the reason for the shutdowns. And once we attain that, we will open back up. All the while playing gov sponsored commercials 5 times per hour that tell you to don't accidentally kill someone with the sound of heart monitors and ventilators in the background even well after the Hospital burden was lifted. And then 3 weeks after that was done, they come back on and say it's still not safe and we need more testing and tracers.

And the next week with Hospitalizations and deaths subsiding even more on the West Coast, antibodies tests from reputable institutions that illustrate the death rate is of the flu., nothing but crickets on that and the same song and dance of testing and tracers but no action. Then the next week. Rinse. repeat and lather.

There has always been people behind the people that run things. And on the West Coast it's clear that Health was never a priority but this an opportunity to take Trumps steam away shortly after multiple failed coup attempts to remove the Prez from orifice. My tinfoil Tuesday stuff has gotten closer to being reality every week, as we know the wet market was bs and it did come from a lab. And it's my belief that it's very possible this isn't the accident as presented. No proof there but stay tuned.

Americans are easily scared and about 60% of the vocal ones that are on Social media hate Trump with such a passion that many don't mind seeing our economy crash to see him lose in November. It's my belief that the Unholy Trinity of the Western shore is paying tribute to the people behind the people on the left for getting them elected. And that tribute is to ensure that the one thing at least 2/3 can agree on that Trump had going for him, the Economy, goes down in a ball of flames. Because they know they can just blame Trump for it and the majority of their minions will suck it down like it was the vaccine.
  • Options
    NorthwestFreshNorthwestFresh Member Posts: 7,972
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker

Don't put words in my mouth or tell me where I am. Don't need your help there. I'm talking about the claims of racism and claims that he delayed reacting and claims that he was bungling it and claims that he hates science. That's all politics and fair game. But actually conspiring - and it would take an organized conspiracy to pull it off - to make this all up, or even just drag it out and not just ruin the economy, but obliterate it, would be a whole other level of bad. That might inspire even me with my good manners to put on a vest and get gun'd up.

We are where we are now. If anybody knew we would be here for what seems like unjustified reasons, we'd all have been in the streets ... then. This goes back to the original point: was this cooked up, or if not, is the need to drag it out being cooked up by a bunch of coordinated powers hell bent ... on what?

You did claim to be a centrist while at the same time blaming Trump for not becoming a dictator and wanting him to stomp all over states’ rights. Perhaps write a little less so you’re not going 3 directions at once. You’re all over the place and Race and others are right, Newsom did say this is a good time for implementing more fascist, er, “progressive” policies that otherwise would never be enacted.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Asked and answered counselor

Multiple times

Just politics. No biggie.
  • Options
    salemcoog said:

Nothing gnu hear but the clear conspiracy is the bait and switch of the Dem governors on the West Coast and other areas. They went from the flattening of the curve to save Hospitals as the reason for the shutdowns. And once we attain that, we will open back up. All the while playing gov sponsored commercials 5 times per hour that tell you to don't accidentally kill someone with the sound of heart monitors and ventilators in the background even well after the Hospital burden was lifted. And then 3 weeks after that was done, they come back on and say it's still not safe and we need more testing and tracers.

And the next week with Hospitalizations and deaths subsiding even more on the West Coast, antibodies tests from reputable institutions that illustrate the death rate is of the flu., nothing but crickets on that and the same song and dance of testing and tracers but no action. Then the next week. Rinse. repeat and lather.

There has always been people behind the people that run things. And on the West Coast it's clear that Health was never a priority but this an opportunity to take Trumps steam away shortly after multiple failed coup attempts to remove the Prez from orifice. My tinfoil Tuesday stuff has gotten closer to being reality every week, as we know the wet market was bs and it did come from a lab. And it's my belief that it's very possible this isn't the accident as presented. No proof there but stay tuned.

Americans are easily scared and about 60% of the vocal ones that are on Social media hate Trump with such a passion that many don't mind seeing our economy crash to see him lose in November. It's my belief that the Unholy Trinity of the Western shore is paying tribute to the people behind the people on the left for getting them elected. And that tribute is to ensure that the one thing at least 2/3 can agree on that Trump had going for him, the Economy, goes down in a ball of flames. Because they know they can just blame Trump for it and the majority of their minions will suck it down like it was the vaccine.

So, you're saying, I think, benign intent in the beginning, but now the bold move of obliterating the economy and threatening to blow up our society to de-steam Trump. The one thing that doesn't jibe with the theory is the idea that it's an assumption that a blown-up economy is Trump's fault. I mean, this shut-down isn't just a detail. I would think it more likely he'd be evaluated on how he handled this, and not because the economy tanked. But I'm not a good November prognosticator.

I believed wet market and I believed lab. Why would I disbelieve either? On purpose? That takes me to bold move territory. Even the fucking Chinese should know better ... you don't know what you're doing when you do something like that.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    salemcoog said:

Lot of truth here
  • Options

Asked and answered counselor

Multiple times

Just politics. No biggie.
    Just to be clear, I didn't say "just politics. no biggie." I won't let that stick to me. If I have to post it 1,000 times, and you know I will, I will.

Like I said, I'm just axin' a question here, and if you're right, massively bold move. Not one I'd make under any circumstances.