Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

What I am hearing

TSIO is a trash scum podcast of pure negativity. Pure garbage.

Comments

• Options
    SECDAWGSECDAWG Member Posts: 5,004
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    edited May 2020
    I actually learned some from the previous pods. Baseman, Baze, DJ et al has done good job.

Jump in there @grumbleshitskin and give us your take, pod. Bitches honor I will listen.

• Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,814
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

I checked out their latest podcast and sat through the 15 minutes of complaining about Ryan Bowman being allowed to be on the team. I got to when Tequila says "Junior Adams has proven himself as a position coach but is getting blown out of the water in recruiting." Then I shut that shit off.

Kinda funny you say that

Excluding coordinators I’d say Junior Adams is our 3rd best assistant

There are plenty of people that vouch for him as a coach on the field ... but it’s fair to have a little pause on that after the 2019 debacle ... probably fair to have healthy skepticism

From a recruiting standpoint, really strong class last year with Jalen, Rome, and Sawyer. I’m willing to give a slight pass on Gee as I think it’s more on Pete. So that’s a really positive starting point. Add in pulling in Puca to end 2019 ...

Let’s look at the 2021 class though ... top 10 player is an in-state WR that we’ve essentially got blown out for (allegedly) ... another 5-star prospect in Troy Franklin that should be about as close to a lock as you can get for an out of state 5-star ... and the reality is Oregon’s a massive threat at this point to steal (if it can even be called that)

Yes, we have done well at putting players in the league but that’s past tense ... question for 2021 recruiting is what are we doing to ensure that going forward? There’s a lot of reason to be concerned if you’re paying attention.

But go ahead and continue buying the “it’s tough” like that KJV and Ektard are spewing when the reality is decisions are being made earlier and earlier right now no doubt COVID driven.
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,572
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker

Someone should send them an invite

I’m an alumni too fucker. All I heard on the podcast was fuck most of the assistant coaches they suck they can’t recruit they can’t develop talent yet we have the most players in the league right now over anyone in the pac 12.
    The house that Sark built
  • Options
    Premise isn’t off

Recruiting is all about future rewards ...

But if you can’t develop those players and/or choose which players to get on the field that negates the recruiting positives

I’m actually more bullish on Adams than you think I am ... but you have to deliver those kind of classes each year if you want to sit at the big boy table ... right now we aren’t close in the 2021 class

That’s the point
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    I enjoyed the pod, thanks guysm
  • Options

Listened to some of it...the 10,000 ft view I took is that they spent the last couple years complaining Pete was out-of-touch and they were pimping Jimmy, and now pretty much everything they wanted came to pass happened and they are now like...oh SH!T...wait...this is where we ended up after we got what we wanted...whoops...

Its entertaining, but its entertainingly pessimistic which is both its humor but also incredibly ironic considering how much they preach on the optics of everything and yet they are the most pessimistic voice on UW out there.

As Coker and I both mentioned at the end of the pod, we both think that Jimmy will be a good HC ... however I think there is a good question of if it will be at Washington

COVID has really put a huge hit into Jimmy’s planning coming off a down year for the program ... recruiting pitches of the program going backwards and taking shots at the staff/hires in recruiting are easy ... there’s not opportunities for kids to come visit the program and see what they are getting for themselves ...

Add to it the fact that all external indications are that Jen went cheap on the football budget by forcing Jimmy’s upgrades to recruiting spend (needed) being offset by reductions in staff spend

It’s a lot of headwinds that Jimmy is facing ...

• Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

TSIO is a trash scum podcast of pure negativity. Pure garbage.

Origin story link?
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,814
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

Listened to some of it...the 10,000 ft view I took is that they spent the last couple years complaining Pete was out-of-touch and they were pimping Jimmy, and now pretty much everything they wanted came to pass happened and they are now like...oh SH!T...wait...this is where we ended up after we got what we wanted...whoops...

Its entertaining, but its entertainingly pessimistic which is both its humor but also incredibly ironic considering how much they preach on the optics of everything and yet they are the most pessimistic voice on UW out there.

I thought HCH was the most pessimistic voice on us out there... don’t twist, just what I’m hearing.
  • Options
    CallMeBigErnCallMeBigErn Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,954
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club
    Tequilla said:

As Coker and I both mentioned at the end of the pod, we both think that Jimmy will be a good HC ... however I think there is a good question of if it will be at Washington

COVID has really put a huge hit into Jimmy’s planning coming off a down year for the program ... recruiting pitches of the program going backwards and taking shots at the staff/hires in recruiting are easy ... there’s not opportunities for kids to come visit the program and see what they are getting for themselves ...

Add to it the fact that all external indications are that Jen went cheap on the football budget by forcing Jimmy’s upgrades to recruiting spend (needed) being offset by reductions in staff spend

Glad u short "spending" to just "spend". Love ur efficient and concise.
  • Options
    UWhuskytskeetUWhuskytskeet Member Posts: 7,108
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer

Tequilla said:

Didn’t get that far, but that’s a cop-out excuse of an answer. Life is tough...you either have it or you don’t.

COVID didn’t force Jimmy to hire Donovan or to way overpay Donovan, especially if he’s limited on budget. It’s Jimmy’s show...he’s made the calls. Hope it works, but initial returns are suspect and I’d be much more comfortable with Peterman in charge.
    Donovan is making more than Bush, right? I'd rather have kept Bush.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Tequilla said:

Didn’t get that far, but that’s a cop-out excuse of an answer. Life is tough...you either have it or you don’t.

COVID didn’t force Jimmy to hire Donovan or to way overpay Donovan, especially if he’s limited on budget. It’s Jimmy’s show...he’s made the calls. Hope it works, but initial returns are suspect and I’d be much more comfortable with Peterman in charge.
    Donovan is making more than Bush, right? I'd rather have kept Bush.
    Exactly. At least Bush has demonstrated some recruiting ability.