Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

What I am hearing

Comments

• Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

Tequilla said:

Houhusky said:

Tequilla said:

Houhusky said:

Tequilla said:

I checked out their latest podcast and sat through the 15 minutes of complaining about Ryan Bowman being allowed to be on the team. I got to when Tequila says "Junior Adams has proven himself as a position coach but is getting blown out of the water in recruiting." Then I shut that shit off.

Kinda funny you say that

Excluding coordinators I’d say Junior Adams is our 3rd best assistant

There are plenty of people that vouch for him as a coach on the field ... but it’s fair to have a little pause on that after the 2019 debacle ... probably fair to have healthy skepticism

From a recruiting standpoint, really strong class last year with Jalen, Rome, and Sawyer. I’m willing to give a slight pass on Gee as I think it’s more on Pete. So that’s a really positive starting point. Add in pulling in Puca to end 2019 ...

Let’s look at the 2021 class though ... top 10 player is an in-state WR that we’ve essentially got blown out for (allegedly) ... another 5-star prospect in Troy Franklin that should be about as close to a lock as you can get for an out of state 5-star ... and the reality is Oregon’s a massive threat at this point to steal (if it can even be called that)

Yes, we have done well at putting players in the league but that’s past tense ... question for 2021 recruiting is what are we doing to ensure that going forward? There’s a lot of reason to be concerned if you’re paying attention.

But go ahead and continue buying the “it’s tough” like that KJV and Ektard are spewing when the reality is decisions are being made earlier and earlier right now no doubt COVID driven.
    How you could determine that the position coach that picked fielded one of the worst UW WR units of all time had not only "proven himself as a position coach" but that Adams is "our 3rd best assistant"??? WTF???

Adams put together a fucking horrid WR starting lineup, had a terrible WR rotation that made no sense, and had retard play telegraphing substitutions like the Chin Go-route and Chico fly sweep.

The play from his unit was somehow fucking worse... WRs that couldnt catch, WRs fucking hopping at chest high throws instead of running through the catch, WRs running wrong routes constantly, WRs with no awareness of where they were on the field, WRs turning in shit effort on their routes.

Adams has fucking sucked at the actual coaching and if he misses this year on the one thing he *might* be good at, recruiting, he can GTFO.

If Adams continues to turns in as shitty of coaching results as he did last year, no ammount of recruiting will dig him out of that hole.
    In case you didn’t notice ... the fact that Adams was our 3rd best position coach by default was not my way of making a ringing endorsement
    So when you said Adams had “proven himself as a position coach” you meant he proved he sucked?
    You must not have paid attention to what I said

Adams is viewed as a good coach by many in the coaching community and former players like Cooper Kupp

I also 100% agree that there was a shit storm last year and he deserves a lot of heat for that

The fact that he’s arguably the 3rd best position coach is a major problem
    I cringe anytime Cooper Kupp is used as an example for Adams being a good coach. He would have been good anywhere and has been good for a bunch of coaches. Dude is a pro bowler and he’s probably just getting started. I wouldn’t be shocked if he led the NFL or was right near the top in all receiving categories this year. Adams was there his freshman year then left for Boise.

He’s not close to being our third best coach until the WR’s do well. He really doesn’t have a great track record. Eastern was an offensive powerhouse before and after Adams. Then he was at Boise State, then Eastern Kentucky. I hate him until proven otherwise after last year.
    All fair

Assuming you eliminate Boner and Gregory from contention ... and Huff/Malloe rank ahead ... who do you rank higher than Adams?
  • Options
    CallMeBigErnCallMeBigErn Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,122
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club
    edited May 2020

Tequilla said:

Houhusky said:

Tequilla said:

Houhusky said:

Tequilla said:

I checked out their latest podcast and sat through the 15 minutes of complaining about Ryan Bowman being allowed to be on the team. I got to when Tequila says "Junior Adams has proven himself as a position coach but is getting blown out of the water in recruiting." Then I shut that shit off.

Kinda funny you say that

Excluding coordinators I’d say Junior Adams is our 3rd best assistant

There are plenty of people that vouch for him as a coach on the field ... but it’s fair to have a little pause on that after the 2019 debacle ... probably fair to have healthy skepticism

From a recruiting standpoint, really strong class last year with Jalen, Rome, and Sawyer. I’m willing to give a slight pass on Gee as I think it’s more on Pete. So that’s a really positive starting point. Add in pulling in Puca to end 2019 ...

Let’s look at the 2021 class though ... top 10 player is an in-state WR that we’ve essentially got blown out for (allegedly) ... another 5-star prospect in Troy Franklin that should be about as close to a lock as you can get for an out of state 5-star ... and the reality is Oregon’s a massive threat at this point to steal (if it can even be called that)

Yes, we have done well at putting players in the league but that’s past tense ... question for 2021 recruiting is what are we doing to ensure that going forward? There’s a lot of reason to be concerned if you’re paying attention.

But go ahead and continue buying the “it’s tough” like that KJV and Ektard are spewing when the reality is decisions are being made earlier and earlier right now no doubt COVID driven.
    How you could determine that the position coach that picked fielded one of the worst UW WR units of all time had not only "proven himself as a position coach" but that Adams is "our 3rd best assistant"??? WTF???

Adams put together a fucking horrid WR starting lineup, had a terrible WR rotation that made no sense, and had retard play telegraphing substitutions like the Chin Go-route and Chico fly sweep.

The play from his unit was somehow fucking worse... WRs that couldnt catch, WRs fucking hopping at chest high throws instead of running through the catch, WRs running wrong routes constantly, WRs with no awareness of where they were on the field, WRs turning in shit effort on their routes.

Adams has fucking sucked at the actual coaching and if he misses this year on the one thing he *might* be good at, recruiting, he can GTFO.

If Adams continues to turns in as shitty of coaching results as he did last year, no ammount of recruiting will dig him out of that hole.
    In case you didn’t notice ... the fact that Adams was our 3rd best position coach by default was not my way of making a ringing endorsement
    So when you said Adams had “proven himself as a position coach” you meant he proved he sucked?
    You must not have paid attention to what I said

Adams is viewed as a good coach by many in the coaching community and former players like Cooper Kupp

I also 100% agree that there was a shit storm last year and he deserves a lot of heat for that

The fact that he’s arguably the 3rd best position coach is a major problem
    I cringe anytime Cooper Kupp is used as an example for Adams being a good coach. He would have been good anywhere and has been good for a bunch of coaches. Dude is a pro bowler and he’s probably just getting started. I wouldn’t be shocked if he led the NFL or was right near the top in all receiving categories this year. Adams was there his freshman year then left for Boise.

He’s not close to being our third best coach until the WR’s do well. He really doesn’t have a great track record. Eastern was an offensive powerhouse before and after Adams. Then he was at Boise State, then Eastern Kentucky. I hate him until proven otherwise after last year.
    Hey, whoa. Hey. Whoa. Gear down there, Big Shifter. Let's get things straight here. This is how disinformation infiltrates our hive mind. Junior Adams coached at WESTERN Kentucky.
  • Options

Teq is fine if he keeps it strictly to football but that narcissistic douche just can't refrain from bringing up his own personal accomplishments as if anyone gives a fuck. The great thing about DDY and Coker are they're self aware and self deprecating, Teq completely ruins that dynamic with his bragging and inflated ego. Are we sure Teq and Fetters aren't the same person?
    Insert laughing FoxNews GIF

It always amuses me that people who don’t know me at all make snap judgments based on a podcast or message board where I’m largely playing a character

If I’m guilty of anything it’s that I reference experiences as a way to connect with others in reference to my comments. If you take that as saying I’m more important than you ... congratulations.

One of the most humbling experiences in my life was at The Rose Bowl with so many people wanting to meet me and telling me about their experiences with the pod, program, etc. Still blows me away.

Regardless, you have a reaction ... so that’s already a win

• Options
    Confirmation bias is fun to watch play out

Pure comedy for me reading the hate
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Tequilla said:

Confirmation bias is fun to watch play out