Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

What I am hearing

Comments

• Options
    CallMeBigErnCallMeBigErn Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,122
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club

Tequilla said:

Listened to some of it...the 10,000 ft view I took is that they spent the last couple years complaining Pete was out-of-touch and they were pimping Jimmy, and now pretty much everything they wanted came to pass happened and they are now like...oh SH!T...wait...this is where we ended up after we got what we wanted...whoops...

Its entertaining, but its entertainingly pessimistic which is both its humor but also incredibly ironic considering how much they preach on the optics of everything and yet they are the most pessimistic voice on UW out there.

As Coker and I both mentioned at the end of the pod, we both think that Jimmy will be a good HC ... however I think there is a good question of if it will be at Washington

COVID has really put a huge hit into Jimmy’s planning coming off a down year for the program ... recruiting pitches of the program going backwards and taking shots at the staff/hires in recruiting are easy ... there’s not opportunities for kids to come visit the program and see what they are getting for themselves ...

Add to it the fact that all external indications are that Jen went cheap on the football budget by forcing Jimmy’s upgrades to recruiting spend (needed) being offset by reductions in staff spend

It’s a lot of headwinds that Jimmy is facing ...

Didn’t get that far, but that’s a cop-out excuse of an answer. Life is tough...you either have it or you don’t.

COVID didn’t force Jimmy to hire Donovan or to way overpay Donovan, especially if he’s limited on budget. It’s Jimmy’s show...he’s made the calls. Hope it works, but initial returns are suspect and I’d be much more comfortable with Peterman in charge.
    I'd rather have kept Bush.
    No. No no NO.
  • Options
    HoustonHuskyHoustonHusky Member Posts: 5,954
    First Anniversary First Comment Photogenic 5 Awesomes

Tequilla said:

Listened to some of it...the 10,000 ft view I took is that they spent the last couple years complaining Pete was out-of-touch and they were pimping Jimmy, and now pretty much everything they wanted came to pass happened and they are now like...oh SH!T...wait...this is where we ended up after we got what we wanted...whoops...

Its entertaining, but its entertainingly pessimistic which is both its humor but also incredibly ironic considering how much they preach on the optics of everything and yet they are the most pessimistic voice on UW out there.

As Coker and I both mentioned at the end of the pod, we both think that Jimmy will be a good HC ... however I think there is a good question of if it will be at Washington

COVID has really put a huge hit into Jimmy’s planning coming off a down year for the program ... recruiting pitches of the program going backwards and taking shots at the staff/hires in recruiting are easy ... there’s not opportunities for kids to come visit the program and see what they are getting for themselves ...

Add to it the fact that all external indications are that Jen went cheap on the football budget by forcing Jimmy’s upgrades to recruiting spend (needed) being offset by reductions in staff spend

Didn’t get that far, but that’s a cop-out excuse of an answer. Life is tough...you either have it or you don’t.

COVID didn’t force Jimmy to hire Donovan or to way overpay Donovan, especially if he’s limited on budget. It’s Jimmy’s show...he’s made the calls. Hope it works, but initial returns are suspect and I’d be much more comfortable with Peterman in charge.
    Donovan is making more than Bush, right? I'd rather have kept Bush.
    Not knowing anything about Donovan I might actually agree, but it shouldn’t be a binary situation...we could have fired Bush and hired somebody with a proven record for what we paid Donovan.

Hope Jimmy knows what he is doing.
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,918
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

Tequilla said:

I'd rather have kept Bush.
    No. No no NO.
    Agreed. Never keep the Bush.
  • Options
    1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,310
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dnc said:

dnc said:

TSIO is a trash scum podcast of pure negativity. Pure garbage.

Origin story link?
    @dnc there's someone to go bully
    On it.

I must use my powers for good.
    Uh oh, there goes that Trump supperer again...
  • Options
    HouhuskyHouhusky Member Posts: 5,537
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    dnc said:

Tequilla said:

Donovan is making more than Bush, right? I'd rather have kept Bush.
    Exactly. At least Bush has demonstrated some recruiting ability.
    Yeah...

Bush (without Pete) has more upside than Donovan

Bush (no pete) for 1 tester year > panic hiring Donovan
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    Houhusky said:

Tequilla said:

I checked out their latest podcast and sat through the 15 minutes of complaining about Ryan Bowman being allowed to be on the team. I got to when Tequila says "Junior Adams has proven himself as a position coach but is getting blown out of the water in recruiting." Then I shut that shit off.

Kinda funny you say that

Excluding coordinators I’d say Junior Adams is our 3rd best assistant

There are plenty of people that vouch for him as a coach on the field ... but it’s fair to have a little pause on that after the 2019 debacle ... probably fair to have healthy skepticism

From a recruiting standpoint, really strong class last year with Jalen, Rome, and Sawyer. I’m willing to give a slight pass on Gee as I think it’s more on Pete. So that’s a really positive starting point. Add in pulling in Puca to end 2019 ...

Let’s look at the 2021 class though ... top 10 player is an in-state WR that we’ve essentially got blown out for (allegedly) ... another 5-star prospect in Troy Franklin that should be about as close to a lock as you can get for an out of state 5-star ... and the reality is Oregon’s a massive threat at this point to steal (if it can even be called that)

Yes, we have done well at putting players in the league but that’s past tense ... question for 2021 recruiting is what are we doing to ensure that going forward? There’s a lot of reason to be concerned if you’re paying attention.

But go ahead and continue buying the “it’s tough” like that KJV and Ektard are spewing when the reality is decisions are being made earlier and earlier right now no doubt COVID driven.
    How you could determine that the position coach that picked fielded one of the worst UW WR units of all time had not only "proven himself as a position coach" but that Adams is "our 3rd best assistant"??? WTF???

Adams put together a fucking horrid WR starting lineup, had a terrible WR rotation that made no sense, and had retard play telegraphing substitutions like the Chin Go-route and Chico fly sweep.

The play from his unit was somehow fucking worse... WRs that couldnt catch, WRs fucking hopping at chest high throws instead of running through the catch, WRs running wrong routes constantly, WRs with no awareness of where they were on the field, WRs turning in shit effort on their routes.

Adams has fucking sucked at the actual coaching and if he misses this year on the one thing he *might* be good at, recruiting, he can GTFO.

If Adams continues to turns in as shitty of coaching results as he did last year, no ammount of recruiting will dig him out of that hole.
    In case you didn’t notice ... the fact that Adams was our 3rd best position coach by default was not my way of making a ringing endorsement
  • Options
    doogvilledoogville Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,183
    Swaye's Wigwam
    It’s the best pod in the world & anyone who thinks otherwise can eat a bag of dicks.

And tequila was fine on this one. Didn’t get in the way of too many DDY rants.
  • Options
    HouhuskyHouhusky Member Posts: 5,537
    edited May 2020
    Tequilla said:

Houhusky said:

Tequilla said:

I checked out their latest podcast and sat through the 15 minutes of complaining about Ryan Bowman being allowed to be on the team. I got to when Tequila says "Junior Adams has proven himself as a position coach but is getting blown out of the water in recruiting." Then I shut that shit off.

Kinda funny you say that

There are plenty of people that vouch for him as a coach on the field ... but it’s fair to have a little pause on that after the 2019 debacle ... probably fair to have healthy skepticism

From a recruiting standpoint, really strong class last year with Jalen, Rome, and Sawyer. I’m willing to give a slight pass on Gee as I think it’s more on Pete. So that’s a really positive starting point. Add in pulling in Puca to end 2019 ...

Let’s look at the 2021 class though ... top 10 player is an in-state WR that we’ve essentially got blown out for (allegedly) ... another 5-star prospect in Troy Franklin that should be about as close to a lock as you can get for an out of state 5-star ... and the reality is Oregon’s a massive threat at this point to steal (if it can even be called that)

Yes, we have done well at putting players in the league but that’s past tense ... question for 2021 recruiting is what are we doing to ensure that going forward? There’s a lot of reason to be concerned if you’re paying attention.

But go ahead and continue buying the “it’s tough” like that KJV and Ektard are spewing when the reality is decisions are being made earlier and earlier right now no doubt COVID driven.
    How you could determine that the position coach that picked fielded one of the worst UW WR units of all time had not only "proven himself as a position coach" but that Adams is "our 3rd best assistant"??? WTF???

Adams put together a fucking horrid WR starting lineup, had a terrible WR rotation that made no sense, and had retard play telegraphing substitutions like the Chin Go-route and Chico fly sweep.

The play from his unit was somehow fucking worse... WRs that couldnt catch, WRs fucking hopping at chest high throws instead of running through the catch, WRs running wrong routes constantly, WRs with no awareness of where they were on the field, WRs turning in shit effort on their routes.

Adams has fucking sucked at the actual coaching and if he misses this year on the one thing he *might* be good at, recruiting, he can GTFO.

If Adams continues to turns in as shitty of coaching results as he did last year, no ammount of recruiting will dig him out of that hole.
    In case you didn’t notice ... the fact that Adams was our 3rd best position coach by default was not my way of making a ringing endorsement
    So when you said Adams had “proven himself as a position coach” you meant he proved he sucked?
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    Houhusky said:

Tequilla said:

Houhusky said:

Tequilla said:

Kinda funny you say that

So when you said Adams had “proven himself as a position coach” you meant he proved he sucked?
    You must not have paid attention to what I said

Adams is viewed as a good coach by many in the coaching community and former players like Cooper Kupp

I also 100% agree that there was a shit storm last year and he deserves a lot of heat for that

The fact that he’s arguably the 3rd best position coach is a major problem
  • Options
    Kingdome_UrinalsKingdome_Urinals Member Posts: 2,606
    First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes
    Terrible pod. Bunch of smug narcissists shouting over one another.

Part of me wants UW to go 0-12 so these guys will all have strokes.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    Glad to have contributed “yellow piss” to HH
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

Tequilla said:

Houhusky said:

Tequilla said:

Houhusky said:

Tequilla said:

Kinda funny you say that

Adams is viewed as a good coach by many in the coaching community and former players like Cooper Kupp

I also 100% agree that there was a shit storm last year and he deserves a lot of heat for that

I cringe anytime Cooper Kupp is used as an example for Adams being a good coach. He would have been good anywhere and has been good for a bunch of coaches. Dude is a pro bowler and he’s probably just getting started. I wouldn’t be shocked if he led the NFL or was right near the top in all receiving categories this year. Adams was there his freshman year then left for Boise.

He’s not close to being our third best coach until the WR’s do well. He really doesn’t have a great track record. Eastern was an offensive powerhouse before and after Adams. Then he was at Boise State, then Eastern Kentucky. I hate him until proven otherwise after last year.
    He can recruit well (so far).

But is he responsible for the offense we ran? No.

Or the rotations? I’ve heard mixed messages about what Pete controlled and what he let his assistants manage.

My default is to blame the head coach. Not some 1st year assistant. As long as he keeps hauling in 4* (and hopefully 5*) WRs, he’s fine. If he’s not fine, he’s still pretty low in the list of problems.
    This is where I'm at.

I don't think we really know much.

The one data major point against Adams IMO is that Fuller and Baccellia both seemed to regress last year.

But everything in the program regressed last year from morale to strength and conditioning to development so who the hell knows.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    dnc said:

Tequilla said:

Houhusky said:

Tequilla said:

Houhusky said:

Tequilla said:

Kinda funny you say that

I cringe anytime Cooper Kupp is used as an example for Adams being a good coach. He would have been good anywhere and has been good for a bunch of coaches. Dude is a pro bowler and he’s probably just getting started. I wouldn’t be shocked if he led the NFL or was right near the top in all receiving categories this year. Adams was there his freshman year then left for Boise.

He’s not close to being our third best coach until the WR’s do well. He really doesn’t have a great track record. Eastern was an offensive powerhouse before and after Adams. Then he was at Boise State, then Eastern Kentucky. I hate him until proven otherwise after last year.

Or the rotations? I’ve heard mixed messages about what Pete controlled and what he let his assistants manage.

My default is to blame the head coach. Not some 1st year assistant. As long as he keeps hauling in 4* (and hopefully 5*) WRs, he’s fine. If he’s not fine, he’s still pretty low in the list of problems.
    This is where I'm at.

The one data major point against Adams IMO is that Fuller and Baccellia both seemed to regress last year.

But everything in the program regressed last year from morale to strength and conditioning to development so who the hell knows.
    I don’t think they regressed, just showed that when they needed to step up they showed who they are.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    FireCohen said:

dnc said:

Tequilla said:

Houhusky said:

Tequilla said:

Houhusky said:

Tequilla said:

Kinda funny you say that

This is where I'm at.

I don’t think they regressed, just showed that when they needed to step up they showed who they are.
    Baccellia maybe.

Fuller never had the drops his entire career like he did as a senior in the Cal and Stanford games.

It's not like those were huge games.

Best explanation might just be going from Browning's arm to Eason's.