Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Helfrich says this is the most talented/fast team he's seen

124»

Comments

• Options
    ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,517
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    DT's two biggest issues as a teammate were both locker room/off the field type stuff.
    1. He was not a fan, to put it mildly, of non-African Americans and did not speak with or even acknowledge most of his white teammates off the field
    2. He caused a lot of internal drama hooking up with other player's girlfriends
  • Options
    Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    ntxduck said:

DT's two biggest issues as a teammate were both locker room/off the field type stuff.
    1. He was not a fan, to put it mildly, of non-African Americans and did not speak with or even acknowledge most of his white teammates off the field
    2. He caused a lot of internal drama hooking up with other player's girlfriends

So he acted like a rich white guy? Good for him.
  • Options
    ToiletSeatToiletSeat Member Posts: 150
    Mosster47 said:

That isn't an insult to Slingblade.

Absolutely classic. Do you even bother to read the drivel you post?

"I'm not saying you have bad breath, Martha, but you could knock a buzzard off a shitwagon!"

• Options
    HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,528
    Standard Supporter
    Oregon's concerns:

1. Now 2nd year removed from Chip Kelly's influence

2. Receiving core (no Huff, Addison, DAT, or Hawkins)

3. Front 7 (lost a lot over the last two years, relying on mostly unproven guys, and Tony Washington isn't Dion Jordan).

4. Marcus Mariota getting beat up on offense. As others have mentioned, he looks like a #1 pick when he has loads of time and can run around but accuracy and mental edge decline significantly as the hits rack up.

5. An OL trying to get bigger and stronger...it's veteran but sometimes trying to change an OL philosophy too much can backfire (less endurance, mobility, or more injuries).

6. Fan apathy? Could be wrong but I feel like I've seen more articles of late of fans losing interest since Oregon isn't in the NC every year.

Still, I see Oregon only losing 3 regular season games if Mariota stays healthy, a young WR steps up (and Mundt develops more), and the front 7 is closer to your 2012 front 7.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I think Mariota is better than Thomas, but I don't think he's incredible.
    HFNY said:

Oregon's concerns:

1. Now 2nd year removed from Chip Kelly's influence

2. Receiving core (no Huff, Addison, DAT, or Hawkins)

3. Front 7 (lost a lot over the last two years, relying on mostly unproven guys, and Tony Washington isn't Dion Jordan).

4. Marcus Mariota getting beat up on offense. As others have mentioned, he looks like a #1 pick when he has loads of time and can run around but accuracy and mental edge decline significantly as the hits rack up.

5. An OL trying to get bigger and stronger...it's veteran but sometimes trying to change an OL philosophy too much can backfire (less endurance, mobility, or more injuries).

6. Fan apathy? Could be wrong but I feel like I've seen more articles of late of fans losing interest since Oregon isn't in the NC every year.

Still, I see Oregon only losing 3 regular season games if Mariota stays healthy, a young WR steps up (and Mundt develops more), and the front 7 is closer to your 2012 front 7.

It's 5 reasons. Not 6.

• Options
    Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246

Mosster47 said:

That isn't an insult to Slingblade.

Absolutely classic. Do you even bother to read the drivel you post?

"I'm not saying you have bad breath, Martha, but you could knock a buzzard off a shitwagon!"

Do you realize you haven't fallen into one camp fire and stayed there yet?