Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Emeka Egbuka, 2021 5* WR, Steilacoom (Steilacoom HS), WA (Offered 10/20/18)

Comments

• Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

Houhusky said:

RealRhino said:

Just going to say this and you can tell me all about how parents read the boards:

If you are from Washington with a UW offer and you are leaning to OSU or Oklahoma or Georgia or LSU or some such, in my mind you are a ball-sniffing ring-chasing bitch.

If you are a hometown guy and the home program is mildly competent you should stay home.

It gives almost always results in a slight hometown advantage in starting, program offense/defense built around you, playingtime, press attention, off season training support, ect...

When you go to programs like OSU, Alabama, or Georgia from the NW not only will there be guys that can do what you can but you will always be an outsider and in 50/50 split decisions you will lose to a local guy.
    Washington kids who leave the West Coast almost always have shitty careers. Eason is lucky he transferred, because he would have been beaten out eventually and benched at Georgia.

That said, Egbuka is the one kid from here who could really shine out of region.
    The sample size of that is small. Any time a player goes somewhere far away the bust rate is higher because if they struggle early, they have no support. I think that is a big factor.

I said Smalls had bust written all over him if he went anywhere but UW or maybe Oregon. If he went to Clemson or Bama, he would be sixth string, nobody would give a fuck about it, and he wouldn’t know how to deal with it.
  • Options
    HouhuskyHouhusky Member Posts: 5,537
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Houhusky said:

RealRhino said:

Just going to say this and you can tell me all about how parents read the boards:

If you are from Washington with a UW offer and you are leaning to OSU or Oklahoma or Georgia or LSU or some such, in my mind you are a ball-sniffing ring-chasing bitch.

If you are a hometown guy and the home program is mildly competent you should stay home.

It gives almost always results in a slight hometown advantage in starting, program offense/defense built around you, playingtime, press attention, off season training support, ect...

When you go to programs like OSU, Alabama, or Georgia from the NW not only will there be guys that can do what you can but you will always be an outsider and in 50/50 split decisions you will lose to a local guy.
    Washington kids who leave the West Coast almost always have shitty careers. Eason is lucky he transferred, because he would have been beaten out eventually and benched at Georgia.

That said, Egbuka is the one kid from here who could really shine out of region.
    The sample size of that is small. Any time a player goes somewhere far away the bust rate is higher because if they struggle early, they have no support. I think that is a big factor.

I said Smalls had bust written all over him if he went anywhere but UW or maybe Oregon. If he went to Clemson or Bama, he would be sixth string, nobody would give a fuck about it, and he wouldn’t know how to deal with it.
    Basically what I was trying to say but im havinga couple drinks and posting from my phone while my wife husband watches the trash that is Netflix Love is Blind on the tv so I have an excuse.
  • Options
    1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,310
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Houhusky said:

Houhusky said:

RealRhino said:

Basically what I was trying to say but im havinga couple drinks and posting from my phone while my wife husband watches the trash that is Netflix Love is Blind on the tv so I have an excuse.
    Literally sitting next to my wife while she watches that shit.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

Chest says his @sources are telling him that Emeka is a lean to UW because he has mixed parents.

Yes, we're still at that talking point

Where did he say this? How someone would think we had more or less of a chance because of that is idiotic.
    It’s one of his more idiotic takes
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    Swaye said:

dnc said:

Houhusky said:

Houhusky said:

RealRhino said:

My wife husband loves that shit.
    Can confirm. I love it.
    I have a type.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Chest says his @sources are telling him that Emeka is a lean to UW because he has mixed parents.

Where did he say this? How someone would think we had more or less of a chance because of that is idiotic.
    It’s Christ so that means

This actually still checks out.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

Christ
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I see Hardcore Husky IS for sermon seekers...
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,922
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Emoterman said:

I see Hardcore Husky IS for semen seekers...

Confirmed.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

dnc said:

Christ
    Bluegrass Parkway. Hookers. Meth.
    I like you.
  • Options
    Mad_SonMad_Son Member Posts: 10,093
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Houhusky said:

RealRhino said:

I think it's not even 50/50. At UW he will have every opportunity and have to prove he isn't the guy. Anywhere else he will have to prove beyond a shadow of a doubt he is the guy. If he goes anywhere other than UW and gets hurt he will have steep odds to overcome that and find playing time. He is incredible and I desperately want him, but there are a lot of incredible players at Ohio state and they can replace him with someone who isn't from far away and didn't get unlucky and tweak something.
  • Options
    BeerThirtyBeerThirty Member Posts: 2,465
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    It's going to suck losing this kid
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

It's going to suck losing this kid

Too soon man, too soon.