Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Emeka Egbuka, 2021 5* WR, Steilacoom (Steilacoom HS), WA (Offered 10/20/18)

Comments

• greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,272
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    UWDawg11 said:

What’s the new Huffman article got for us?

He is trying to plan a visit to Oklahoma the weekend of August 21 and bring JTT along with him. He says he thinks that would give him a lot of clarity and help him establish a timeline earlier.

Huard, Caleb Williams, and Kyle McCord are all recruiting the hell out of him, he says. He throws with Sam the most, plays XBox with Williams, and McCord texts him.
    I think he'll choose the football conference
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,715
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I must be delusional
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,044
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

I must be delusional

My @Sources confirm.
  • DoogerMcFarlandDoogerMcFarland Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 739
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    And not sure if it’s a surprise, but Huffman just replied to a question of mine and said tOSU and Oklahoma are the teams to beat.

I asked after listening to 247’s pod today where they discussed the impact of the Big Ten canceling games and how it might play out in recruiting and they specifically used Emeka as the example. They said how Ryan Day can focus all of his time on recruiting, which could help tOSU, or if Oklahoma goes undefeated how it could help them. He said those are the only two schools really being considered right now.
  • CallMeBigErnCallMeBigErn Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,856
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club
    edited August 2020
    UWDawg11 said:

And not sure if it’s a surprise, but Huffman just replied to a question of mine and said tOSU and Oklahoma are the teams to beat.

I asked after listening to 247’s pod today where they discussed the impact of the Big Ten canceling games and how it might play out in recruiting and they specifically used Emeka as the example. They said how Ryan Day can focus all of his time on recruiting, which could help tOSU, or if Oklahoma goes undefeated how it could help them. He said those are the only two schools really being considered right now.

I, for one, don't believe that for a nanosecond. Eat my ass, Huffman!
  • FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,702
    UWDawg11 said:

EWIWBI.
  • DoogWhispererDoogWhisperer Member Posts: 1,017
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment

UWDawg11 said:

Your batting average is below the Mendoza line.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,715
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Doesn't Jimmy have a lot of spare time now? I don't see Day having a big advantage if neither school plays. I do see it for Oklahoma if they go ahead
  • CallMeBigErnCallMeBigErn Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,856
    Founders Club

UWDawg11 said:

Your batting average is below the Mendoza line.
    I'm not predicting anything. I'm saying UW is in the hunt for EE.
  • rodmansragerodmansrage Member Posts: 6,009
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes

i know fuck about shit when it comes to recruiting but does this hurt/help/dont fuckin matter?
  • DoogerMcFarlandDoogerMcFarland Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 739
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

i know fuck about shit when it comes to recruiting but does this hurt/help/dont fuckin matter?
    Doesn't really matter in this instance. I don't think anyone was expecting to be able to do official visits anytime soon.

When it comes to Emeka, he'd do what Bowers just did and visit the campus on his own dime. One thing Huffman mentioned was that he was planning his visit for a weekend when Caleb Williams would also be there, so he'd act as Emeka's "host" in the same way Sam Huard did for Bowers.
  • greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,272
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited August 2020
    UWDawg11 said:

Doesn't really matter in this instance. I don't think anyone was expecting to be able to do official visits anytime soon.

When it comes to Emeka, he'd do what Bowers just did and visit the campus on his own dime. One thing Huffman mentioned was that he was planning his visit for a weekend when Caleb Williams would also be there, so he'd act as Emeka's "host" in the same way Sam Huard did for Bowers.
    For Okie's sake, they better hope Caleb Williams is a better salesman than Huard. Because at this point, Huard is the Pam Beasley/Andy Bernard of the player recruiting business.
  • DawgDaze71DawgDaze71 Member Posts: 701
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    So a kid from D.C playing football for Oklahoma is a good pitch man? Ok.
  • mrdoogmrdoog Member Posts: 203
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

So a kid from D.C playing football for Oklahoma is a good pitch man? Ok.

Better than playing with some spoiled rich white boy from WA.
  • MotrboatnsobMotrboatnsob Member Posts: 424
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Not visiting Oklahoma this weekend