Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

If I like my nuclear family, may I keep it?

12346»

Comments

• Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,097
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

USMChawk said:

MisterEm said:

MisterEm said:

The family isn't dead. Its the number one way that Asian immigrants out perform even citizens in gaining wealth

We? are selfish - I'm guilty of that. That's why I didn't want kids. When I got some pre grown ones I golfed all weekend. I sucked but my son thinks I was great simply because I set a good example about hard work and consistent effort. He is a success.

Long live the family. Fuck the state

There is no ideal family nor are there family values. That is political sloganeering. Do the best you can. Don't have kids if you can't put them first.

Adopt a shelter dog instead

Except that some family structure yield better outcomes than others. Family is dead for large swaths of American society. The State has been part of the problem.

Gosh maybe we should encourage the ones that work better? Too radical?
    According to my kid's kindergarten class, yes, this is too radical. We're supposed to support disruption of western values.
    You are obviously an engaged parent ready to counteract the transition surgery of lil Yellow. That's like #1 on the hit parade. Requires time and effort.

Almost 25 years ago my Black friend told me about how his second grader came home and told him that the teacher told the class they couldn't be spanked anymore. So of course he gave her a spanking and said tell your teacher to come see me if she has a problem

Today the teacher probably would call the cops.

People disagree on spanking and abuse is of course WRONG and teachers should be on the lookout for signs but not interfere to that level.

I was spanked and my wife was tuff on the boy but he ended up THANKFUL for it. I'm glad she wan't my mom. I thought the wooden spoon was bad

Kids need discipline. And love.
    I put the fear of god in the kids all the time. The kids have been present when I talk to the teachers about their progressive nonsense. Shit...a few weeks ago I had to chat with the teacher because lil' Yella blurted out in class "My daddy doesn't like Black Lives Matter".
    Good chit, Yella.

I got banned from attending one of my kid's sports leagues because he told the coach I'd spank his ass after the coach told me what happened at the dive grass camp with another kid.

"We wont tolerate beating our children, nor tolerate the aggressor"

Bullshit, he deserved it. And he handled center mid just fine the rest of the year.

🖕🏽🖕🏽
    I'm scared to meet @MisterEm in real life.

I fucking hate how schools/sports/SocialMedia promote soft, entitled boys as a positive societal attribute throughout adolescence....

Then we turn around and wonder why they've got pronouns in their bios and can't wipe their own ass without a handout as adults.

Men should be men.
    It will suck if we ever need to win another major war or build something like the grand coulee dam.
    Nah, the current crop of Marines is just as capable as we were, 30 years ago, and are as capable as the generations before us. For every transfluid gender queer getting the spotlight there are hundreds (thousands? millions?) of kids growing up the old fashioned way. Fallujah was as brutal fighting as you could get (think WWII European theater) and we smoked them.
    Man for man @USMChawk our? volunteer troops are probably more bad ass than the large greatest generation conscripts armies.
    The difference is in the numbers.
    But we don’t need those kinds of numbers anymore. A single B-2 can do the work of a 1000 B-17 sorties. We’re not going to send a million man army to fight in China or Ukraine.
    We don’t need them, until we do.
    You should listen to your old Gap Band LPs Damone. Will help enlighten you as to why this is unlikely.
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,609

USMChawk said:

MisterEm said:

MisterEm said:

The family isn't dead. Its the number one way that Asian immigrants out perform even citizens in gaining wealth

We? are selfish - I'm guilty of that. That's why I didn't want kids. When I got some pre grown ones I golfed all weekend. I sucked but my son thinks I was great simply because I set a good example about hard work and consistent effort. He is a success.

There is no ideal family nor are there family values. That is political sloganeering. Do the best you can. Don't have kids if you can't put them first.

Except that some family structure yield better outcomes than others. Family is dead for large swaths of American society. The State has been part of the problem.

According to my kid's kindergarten class, yes, this is too radical. We're supposed to support disruption of western values.
    You are obviously an engaged parent ready to counteract the transition surgery of lil Yellow. That's like #1 on the hit parade. Requires time and effort.

Almost 25 years ago my Black friend told me about how his second grader came home and told him that the teacher told the class they couldn't be spanked anymore. So of course he gave her a spanking and said tell your teacher to come see me if she has a problem

People disagree on spanking and abuse is of course WRONG and teachers should be on the lookout for signs but not interfere to that level.

I was spanked and my wife was tuff on the boy but he ended up THANKFUL for it. I'm glad she wan't my mom. I thought the wooden spoon was bad

I put the fear of god in the kids all the time. The kids have been present when I talk to the teachers about their progressive nonsense. Shit...a few weeks ago I had to chat with the teacher because lil' Yella blurted out in class "My daddy doesn't like Black Lives Matter".
    Good chit, Yella.

I got banned from attending one of my kid's sports leagues because he told the coach I'd spank his ass after the coach told me what happened at the dive grass camp with another kid.

Bullshit, he deserved it. And he handled center mid just fine the rest of the year.

🖕🏽🖕🏽

I fucking hate how schools/sports/SocialMedia promote soft, entitled boys as a positive societal attribute throughout adolescence....

Then we turn around and wonder why they've got pronouns in their bios and can't wipe their own ass without a handout as adults.

Men should be men.
    It will suck if we ever need to win another major war or build something like the grand coulee dam.
    Nah, the current crop of Marines is just as capable as we were, 30 years ago, and are as capable as the generations before us. For every transfluid gender queer getting the spotlight there are hundreds (thousands? millions?) of kids growing up the old fashioned way. Fallujah was as brutal fighting as you could get (think WWII European theater) and we smoked them.
    Man for man @USMChawk our? volunteer troops are probably more bad ass than the large greatest generation conscripts armies.
    But we don’t need those kinds of numbers anymore. A single B-2 can do the work of a 1000 B-17 sorties. We’re not going to send a million man army to fight in China or Ukraine.
    You should listen to your old Gap Band LPs Damone. Will help enlighten you as to why this is unlikely.
    I got this joke!
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

USMChawk said:

MisterEm said:

MisterEm said:

Good chit, Yella.

🖕🏽🖕🏽

Men should be men.
    I got this joke!
    I’m really proud of you @Pitchfork51 you pool party douche canoe!
  • Options
    USMChawkUSMChawk Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,796
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

USMChawk said:

MisterEm said:

MisterEm said:

Good chit, Yella.

🖕🏽🖕🏽

Men should be men.
    Current equipment and training makes a modern soldier far deadlier than a WWII soldier. That’s not a slight on them, it’s just reality.

It’s already been mentioned that we don’t need the numbers but, if we did, I think we could get them. My biggest concern would be with how fat they are not their gender confusion.
  • Options
    BearsWiinBearsWiin Member Posts: 4,948
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    USMChawk said:

USMChawk said:

MisterEm said:

MisterEm said:

Good chit, Yella.

🖕🏽🖕🏽

Men should be men.
    Current equipment and training makes a modern soldier far deadlier than a WWII soldier. That’s not a slight on them, it’s just reality.

It’s already been mentioned that we don’t need the numbers but, if we did, I think we could get them. My biggest concern would be with how fat they are not their gender confusion.
    YBE
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    BearsWiin said:

USMChawk said:

USMChawk said:

MisterEm said:

MisterEm said:

Good chit, Yella.

🖕🏽🖕🏽

Men should be men.

YBE
    So this is logical. What’s the family disconnect?
  • Options
    BendintheriverBendintheriver Member Posts: 5,418
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

BearsWiin said:

BearsWiin said:

BearsWiin said:

Tug family values thread is a fucking hoot

You live the same family values as me. What’s your point?
    Mayberry existed only on the television
    Biological mom and dad living together ain’t Mayberry. Wasn’t Matlock a single dad?
    Your smart enough to recognize the use of an idyllic stereotype. None of us remembers the town the Cleavers lived in

The world is changing and it scares me TOTW
    And you’re smarter than me and should know that no civilization in human history with the single parent model has been successful. No one is saying it needs to be Ward and June Cleaver. They can be Scandinavian life parters for all I care so long as there is some Mom + Dad (or Dad and Dad) teamwork going on.
    Statistics don't lie. No father around puts children in the high risk category. Its a fact yet rats want to believe everything is just fine and that the "Village" is going to take care of everyone's child. Bearswin just FEELS so WOKE when he comes into the thread and tries to falsely accuse people of thinking it is all Mayberry. Its what rats do to make themselves feel smarter. Did it make you FEEL GOOD Bear?

The idea that women think they can just have a kid and don't need a father is disastrous, the statistics say so. It has been particularly disastrous to the black community. Men thinking that they can just knock up some woman who wants to get pregnant and then not have anything to do with the child is criminal in my book. They are hurting that other human being they take no responsibility for.

All the proof is out there and the left continues to push a failed ideology on the country. Thank God Trump won. It slowed their destruction down a bit.

More and more family breakdown doesn’t care about skin color. Pour whites are going the same direction.
    As uncomfortable as it is to address racial issues, to ignore a 73% (and growing) born without a father in the home in the black American community is wrong. This is different from all other ethnicities and the reasons are different. We have to fix this. No other statistic comes close. It is a defining characteristic for our fellow Americans. The growing issue across all of America certainly needs to be addressed but we are looking at generations of black kids starting below the poverty line over poor decision making by the mother and sperm donor.
    "We" can't fix it. And certainly it won't be fixed by yelling about systemic/institutionalized racism. Which doesn't exist
    First of all I did not mean to hit the "FO" emoji, it sits next to "quote" and I have fat fingers.

Whatever has been created, can be fixed. LBJ knew exactly what he was doing and he was right on the money. Reverse it.

"I will have those N'grs voting democrat for 200 years" sure sounds like institutional racism to me or was LBJ not clear enough for you? The dependency is higher than ever. LBJ , mission accomplished. I guess you could choose to not believe him or ignore his results but I can see he did exactly what he said he was going to do.

A strategy for democrats is to divide the races in this country. To declare all select minorities (not all minorities, just the ones rats feel they can control and account for the most votes). All we hear prior to elections is that black Americans are victims yet successful rat candidates do nothing to improve the lives of the black community while in office. If you are a black American and you walk off the rat plantation be prepared to be shunned by white rats and admonished because you betrayed them. They are just carrying on with the LBJ game plan.

I could go on and on about "systemic/institutionalized racism" . Hell we haven't even talked about white rats support of teacher union votes over inner city black schools and that hell hole they have created if you like.
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

BearsWiin said:

BearsWiin said:

BearsWiin said:

Tug family values thread is a fucking hoot

You live the same family values as me. What’s your point?
    Mayberry existed only on the television
    Biological mom and dad living together ain’t Mayberry. Wasn’t Matlock a single dad?
    Your smart enough to recognize the use of an idyllic stereotype. None of us remembers the town the Cleavers lived in

The world is changing and it scares me TOTW
    And you’re smarter than me and should know that no civilization in human history with the single parent model has been successful. No one is saying it needs to be Ward and June Cleaver. They can be Scandinavian life parters for all I care so long as there is some Mom + Dad (or Dad and Dad) teamwork going on.
    Statistics don't lie. No father around puts children in the high risk category. Its a fact yet rats want to believe everything is just fine and that the "Village" is going to take care of everyone's child. Bearswin just FEELS so WOKE when he comes into the thread and tries to falsely accuse people of thinking it is all Mayberry. Its what rats do to make themselves feel smarter. Did it make you FEEL GOOD Bear?

The idea that women think they can just have a kid and don't need a father is disastrous, the statistics say so. It has been particularly disastrous to the black community. Men thinking that they can just knock up some woman who wants to get pregnant and then not have anything to do with the child is criminal in my book. They are hurting that other human being they take no responsibility for.

All the proof is out there and the left continues to push a failed ideology on the country. Thank God Trump won. It slowed their destruction down a bit.

More and more family breakdown doesn’t care about skin color. Pour whites are going the same direction.
    As uncomfortable as it is to address racial issues, to ignore a 73% (and growing) born without a father in the home in the black American community is wrong. This is different from all other ethnicities and the reasons are different. We have to fix this. No other statistic comes close. It is a defining characteristic for our fellow Americans. The growing issue across all of America certainly needs to be addressed but we are looking at generations of black kids starting below the poverty line over poor decision making by the mother and sperm donor.
    "We" can't fix it. And certainly it won't be fixed by yelling about systemic/institutionalized racism. Which doesn't exist
    First of all I did not mean to hit the "FO" emoji, it sits next to "quote" and I have fat fingers.

Whatever has been created, can be fixed. LBJ knew exactly what he was doing and he was right on the money. Reverse it.

"I will have those N'grs voting democrat for 200 years" sure sounds like institutional racism to me or was LBJ not clear enough for you? The dependency is higher than ever. LBJ , mission accomplished. I guess you could choose to not believe him or ignore his results but I can see he did exactly what he said he was going to do.

A strategy for democrats is to divide the races in this country. To declare all select minorities (not all minorities, just the ones rats feel they can control and account for the most votes). All we hear prior to elections is that black Americans are victims yet successful rat candidates do nothing to improve the lives of the black community while in office. If you are a black American and you walk off the rat plantation be prepared to be shunned by white rats and admonished because you betrayed them. They are just carrying on with the LBJ game plan.

I could go on and on about "systemic/institutionalized racism" . Hell we haven't even talked about white rats support of teacher union votes over inner city black schools and that hell hole they have created if you like.
    I said "we" can't fix it. Not that it can't be fixed. But it starts with the individuals in communities to take a stand. More government to try to "fix" it will do nothing but fuck it up more.

Like I said, the politicians and leaders would rather yell about a mythical boogey man (systemic racism) than acknowledge and address the actual root cause of the problems.
  • Options
    SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,922
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    What stopped people from having children out of wedlock in years past? What changed? There was no government policy or law that prohibited people from having illegitimate children and yet just a small percentage of all children were born out of wedlock. So what happened?
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    SFGbob said:

What stopped people from having children out of wedlock in years past? What changed? There was no government policy or law that prohibited people from having illegitimate children and yet just a small percentage of all children were born out of wedlock. So what happened?

In the old days, the term "bastard" was a legitimate insult to another human being, and something about which to be very ashamed. Society treated women who did this like shit and they were shunned by many people. It was just a bad look, if you will, for everyone involved.

Out of some understandable effort to not be dicks to people who, for whatever reason, made a mistake, it slowly became ok, and through movies and other means of social communication it become romanticized.

Then, through the outer edges of feminist theory, we've come to think fathers are optional. I don't discredit the entire feminist movement, but I do find the outer fringe to be tiresome and often misled.
  • Options
    SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,922
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

SFGbob said:

In the old days, the term "bastard" was a legitimate insult to another human being, and something about which to be very ashamed. Society treated women who did this like shit and they were shunned by many people. It was just a bad look, if you will, for everyone involved.

Out of some understandable effort to not be dicks to people who, for whatever reason, made a mistake, it slowly became ok, and through movies and other means of social communication it become romanticized.

Then, through the outer edges of feminist theory, we've come to think fathers are optional. I don't discredit the entire feminist movement, but I do find the outer fringe to be tiresome and often misled.
    Outer fringe is now mainstream feminism.

I don't entirely disagree with your answer but I'm not sure how much of a sting the word "bastard" had in the late 50s. Could it be that society "shunned" people who had children out of wedlock because society knew what the cost would be if you had children growing up without fathers? We attached a stigma to the behavior because of the social costs of the behavior, just like we now do with smoking.