Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

If I like my nuclear family, may I keep it?

Comments

• Options
    BearsWiinBearsWiin Member Posts: 4,947
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

BearsWiin said:

Tug family values thread is a fucking hoot

You live the same family values as me. What’s your point?
    Mayberry existed only on the television
  • Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,924
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

BearsWiin said:

Mommy wears the pants? Looks like Bears lot in life.
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Sledog said:

BearsWiin said:

Mommy wears the pants? Looks like Bears lot in life.
    He comes here when he didn’t get his allowance on tim
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,990
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    BearsWiin said:

BearsWiin said:

Biological mom and dad living together ain’t Mayberry. Wasn’t Matlock a single dad?
  • Options

BearsWiin said:

BearsWiin said:

Biological mom and dad living together ain’t Mayberry. Wasn’t Matlock a single dad?
    Your smart enough to recognize the use of an idyllic stereotype. None of us remembers the town the Cleavers lived in

The world is changing and it scares me TOTW
  • Options
    Such a weird thing to say
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,278
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

BearsWiin said:

You’ve lost me, now.

I posted a piece by David Brooks in the Atlantic Monthly. Not exactly a right wing organ. Read it.
    Tug trumptard potw imo.
  • Options

BearsWiin said:

You’ve lost me, now.

I posted a piece by David Brooks in the Atlantic Monthly. Not exactly a right wing organ. Read it.
    Brooks has always been adept at making sweeping conclusions based on marvelously incomplete analyses. This Bowling Alone remix is no different
  • Options
    BendintheriverBendintheriver Member Posts: 5,369
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

BearsWiin said:

BearsWiin said:

BearsWiin said:

Your smart enough to recognize the use of an idyllic stereotype. None of us remembers the town the Cleavers lived in

And you’re smarter than me and should know that no civilization in human history with the single parent model has been successful. No one is saying it needs to be Ward and June Cleaver. They can be Scandinavian life parters for all I care so long as there is some Mom + Dad (or Dad and Dad) teamwork going on.
    Statistics don't lie. No father around puts children in the high risk category. Its a fact yet rats want to believe everything is just fine and that the "Village" is going to take care of everyone's child. Bearswin just FEELS so WOKE when he comes into the thread and tries to falsely accuse people of thinking it is all Mayberry. Its what rats do to make themselves feel smarter. Did it make you FEEL GOOD Bear?

The idea that women think they can just have a kid and don't need a father is disastrous, the statistics say so. It has been particularly disastrous to the black community. Men thinking that they can just knock up some woman who wants to get pregnant and then not have anything to do with the child is criminal in my book. They are hurting that other human being they take no responsibility for.

All the proof is out there and the left continues to push a failed ideology on the country. Thank God Trump won. It slowed their destruction down a bit.

• Options
    BendintheriverBendintheriver Member Posts: 5,369
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

Umm... Damone has been right on this topic for several years. It's obvious. The leftists wants to pretend it's not a problem because it forces people to take personal responsibility and not claim they are victims of oppression. There is no money in that and it weakens their power.

Moreover, it makes people replace the family unit with the state. Stateists of all stripes want people to think of the government as their benefactor first. Religion, family, etc. is all antithetical to that view.
    A few weeks ago a kid sold bracelets to raise money to pay lunch debts for classmates. It was a feel good story about how kind this kid is. The comments were a lot of "all school lunches should be free". I disagreed. That simply teaches that the state provides your basic needs and the parents have no responsibility to even feed there kids. Of course I'm the asshole because "they are kids!" and people can't afford it. Bullshit. They can afford it. It takes a bit of effort to make a lunch. It can be done for a $1.50 and 10 minutes of prep. But why should they since the state will do it and they can get a few more minutes of sleep and have money for weed?
    It takes .25 or less to make a peanut butter and jelly sandwich, which will get any kid through the fucking school day. IDC how pours you are, you can make your kid a fucking sandwich unless you have to sleep in, in which case don't have kids.
    6 year old little yella won't eat anything but PB n J for school lunch. I get up each morning at 645AM. #dryjanuary Mon - Thursday nights and no smoking tweeds except on speshial occasions. It's hard.
    We pay our daycare for lunch. Doog_bot_2.0 eats according to their schedule and whatever crazy government mandated licensing requirements they have to abide by. Probably something that increases nutrition by zero percent. That said, it's efficient delegation of the task in the name of economic specialization.
    Don't get me wrong ... I'm not saying you HAVE to make your kid's lunch to be a good parent. That would be needless moralizing. What I am saying is don't give me this shit that my property taxes have to go up just a smidge to finance a bigger free lunch for the pours. I don't mind paying into a fund, call in whatever you wish, to help reduce the brutality of existence for those who truly can't help themselves. But if you're focused enough to carry a kid for 9 mos. you're focused enough to work and make the kid something to eat. Period. I'm for public shaming on this issue: kid comes to school chronically underfed? Shame the fuck out of mom and dad (if there be one). As I said, PB&J for a quartuh, if that. It's just lazy ass fucking people who want the rest of us to pay their way.
    This won't be the most popular post, but if your kid gets free lunch and you have a new tattoo and your hair just done, no more free lunch. I'm all for helping hungry kids who want an education, I'm not in favor of funding parents poor spending habits.
    You and I live in an area where welfare is a way of life for many. The shit I have seen would make some rats even change their spots. Coaching BB for 20 years and employing just above minimum wage workers has exposed me to a lot of contradictions. I can't begin to tell you how many families I have seen who have two cars worth over a hundred grand in the driveway, big screen TV's, beer, booze flowing like water, cigarettes, cigars, tattoos, parties going all the time, yet they are on welfare and the house they live in cost less than the two cars they have.

I took employees shopping for Christmas. Not for toys but for food to feed the family on Christmas day. I only had 20 employees at the time and most were single mothers and all of them had multiple kids. I thought it was a great idea. For a week I picked them up after work and we headed to the store. I realized quickly that my gift to them was not a good idea. It put me way to close to the corruption of the system and the waste of money the tax payers are shelling out. The next year they got a ham at Christmas and a Turkey at Thanksgiving. No more picking them up taking them shopping.
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,990
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

BearsWiin said:

BearsWiin said:

BearsWiin said:

And you’re smarter than me and should know that no civilization in human history with the single parent model has been successful. No one is saying it needs to be Ward and June Cleaver. They can be Scandinavian life parters for all I care so long as there is some Mom + Dad (or Dad and Dad) teamwork going on.
    Statistics don't lie. No father around puts children in the high risk category. Its a fact yet rats want to believe everything is just fine and that the "Village" is going to take care of everyone's child. Bearswin just FEELS so WOKE when he comes into the thread and tries to falsely accuse people of thinking it is all Mayberry. Its what rats do to make themselves feel smarter. Did it make you FEEL GOOD Bear?

The idea that women think they can just have a kid and don't need a father is disastrous, the statistics say so. It has been particularly disastrous to the black community. Men thinking that they can just knock up some woman who wants to get pregnant and then not have anything to do with the child is criminal in my book. They are hurting that other human being they take no responsibility for.

All the proof is out there and the left continues to push a failed ideology on the country. Thank God Trump won. It slowed their destruction down a bit.

More and more family breakdown doesn’t care about skin color. Pour whites are going the same direction.
  • Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,924
    The gheto has some damn fine rides in it!
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

Excellent article...but also chilled me to the bone with fear for what’s left of our social fabric.

One thing that’s mostly getting skipped over in all of this (though briefly touched on in the couch surfing example) is this extends way beyond just the family...the second half of the article talks about how selfish and addicted to our individual freedoms we’ve become. There’s no sense of community or “the village”.

So even if you have a supportive family (be it nuclear or extended) and loving marriage, we all still need friendships and secondary support structures (the families we “chose”).

I maintain it isn’t so much about what type of family you have, you just have to treat it like an emotional investment portfolio...keep putting as much as you can into it and *diversify*. You never know when one part of your network will break down.

So many people I know live alone, or limit their social interactions to just their significant others. Or they pour all their time into just their kids or jobs. And they’re lonely, miserable fucks for it.

I don’t know...maybe I’m glamorizing older generations, but it seemed like my parents and grandparents were more well rounded socially. They made time for family, friends, work, and social groups (Rotary, etc.). Yeah, you couldn’t do whatever you wanted whenever you wanted, but people seemed more fulfilled.

Thank you for listening to my rambling. 🙂

Great post.
  • Options
    pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 18,829
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

BearsWiin said:

This seems eerily similar to when my heroic image of you was shattered forever at the hands of the barbaric but victorious @HoustonHusky .

You swoop in all authoritative-like with a half-ass'd opinion expressed with the usual Berkeley Bob dismissive arrogance ... i.e., you casually know something that I couldn't know even if I were to try.

Blew up in your face before; seems like it will again.
    Nothing special.
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    Swaye's Wigwam
    MisterEm said:

MisterEm said:

The family isn't dead. Its the number one way that Asian immigrants out perform even citizens in gaining wealth

We? are selfish - I'm guilty of that. That's why I didn't want kids. When I got some pre grown ones I golfed all weekend. I sucked but my son thinks I was great simply because I set a good example about hard work and consistent effort. He is a success.

Long live the family. Fuck the state

There is no ideal family nor are there family values. That is political sloganeering. Do the best you can. Don't have kids if you can't put them first.

Adopt a shelter dog instead

Except that some family structure yield better outcomes than others. Family is dead for large swaths of American society. The State has been part of the problem.

Gosh maybe we should encourage the ones that work better? Too radical?
    According to my kid's kindergarten class, yes, this is too radical. We're supposed to support disruption of western values.
    You are obviously an engaged parent ready to counteract the transition surgery of lil Yellow. That's like #1 on the hit parade. Requires time and effort.

Almost 25 years ago my Black friend told me about how his second grader came home and told him that the teacher told the class they couldn't be spanked anymore. So of course he gave her a spanking and said tell your teacher to come see me if she has a problem

Today the teacher probably would call the cops.

People disagree on spanking and abuse is of course WRONG and teachers should be on the lookout for signs but not interfere to that level.

I was spanked and my wife was tuff on the boy but he ended up THANKFUL for it. I'm glad she wan't my mom. I thought the wooden spoon was bad

Kids need discipline. And love.
    I put the fear of god in the kids all the time. The kids have been present when I talk to the teachers about their progressive nonsense. Shit...a few weeks ago I had to chat with the teacher because lil' Yella blurted out in class "My daddy doesn't like Black Lives Matter".
    Good chit, Yella.

I got banned from attending one of my kid's sports leagues because he told the coach I'd spank his ass after the coach told me what happened at the dive grass camp with another kid.

"We wont tolerate beating our children, nor tolerate the aggressor"

Bullshit, he deserved it. And he handled center mid just fine the rest of the year.

🖕🏽🖕🏽
    I'm scared to meet @MisterEm in real life.

I fucking hate how schools/sports/SocialMedia promote soft, entitled boys as a positive societal attribute throughout adolescence....

Then we turn around and wonder why they've got pronouns in their bios and can't wipe their own ass without a handout as adults.

Men should be men.
    It will suck if we ever need to win another major war or build something like the grand coulee dam.