Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

What American town have you ever felt the most unsafe?

Comments

• Options
    Blu82Blu82 Member Posts: 1,506
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    edited January 2020
    India near the Pakistan border.
    Was in an airplane, on the tarmac, being shot at.

That was uncomfortable.
    Not the U.S. but it keeps me alert in any city.
  • Options
    Doog_de_JourDoog_de_Jour Member Posts: 7,958
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Blu82 said:

India near the Pakistan border.
    Was in an airplane, on the tarmac, being shot at.

That was uncomfortable.

India is in America???
  • Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,805
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Sledog said:

South end of Watts because it looked like it had just been bombed and i was searching the sky for enemy planes.

I've had groups of gang members see me in my UC vehicle and start flipping me off and throwing signs. I flipped them off. I had a submachine gun in my lap so it wasn't me that should have felt unsafe.

Assuming there was one of you, you were definitely the one who should have felt unsafe.

Well it's a matter of perspective. The 60 friends on board made me feel more confident than they were.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,859

Now that I think about it more, San Jose Costa Rica.

Costa Rica is one of my favorite states!
    Fly into Liberia, not San Jose

Sark > Ty shithole POTD

The resorts are fucking awesome though and there’s little chance of getting lynched by a drug cartel.
  • Options
    edited January 2020

Atlanta can get sketchy real quick.

Check on New Orleans. Stick tightly to the chamber of commerce trail map for tourists or you're asking for it.

Not what they once were, but Overtown, Liberty City or Carol City in Miami. Back in the day, there was nothing like it. They've softened a bit, but I still would not be caught walking through even in daylight.

NY - uh, none of the boroughs are tuff anymore. None.

Lolz for any mention of anything Seattle. Tuffest neighborhood in the NW is Hilltop baby. Ask Ballz. Seattle is like Disney World compared to most US cities.

Worst I've experienced? Wandering off the campus of the University of Chicago. South Side baby! It ain't no joke.

South side of Chicago is a war zone. Chi-Raq is a real thing. Took a cab to a Bulls game that went through that area. Prayed to real God every time we got stopped at a red light.

Atlantic City, NJ was pretty grimy a block off the main strip 15 years back. Definitely had some people giving me and a buddy some dirty looks.

Philly is an absolute dump outside of the historic / downtown areas. Would not recommend anyone visit that city.

NYC was really not that bad.

Seattle is not anywhere near the level of those areas, and it's because of demographics. Worst place is probably downtown at this point.
    to which I'm a fixin' to take my wife and shih tzu for a long walk for perspective. so it's all relative. Seattle is a walk through the park. anybody who's afraid of Seattle needs to reach up into their twats and find their ballz. i've worked there almost my entire adult life and have not once, ever, had even a moment's hesitation about anything. ever.

the way you describe SS Chi, which is accurate, is what Overtown and Liberty City once were. still not good places to find yourself, but not like before.
    You actually own a Shitzu? Holy mother of God! No wonder you hate me.

Oh and looking scared will get you eaten in a New York second.

Get outside more often.

• Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,741
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    Sledog said:

Check on New Orleans. Stick tightly to the chamber of commerce trail map for tourists or you're asking for it.

Not what they once were, but Overtown, Liberty City or Carol City in Miami. Back in the day, there was nothing like it. They've softened a bit, but I still would not be caught walking through even in daylight.

Lolz for any mention of anything Seattle. Tuffest neighborhood in the NW is Hilltop baby. Ask Ballz. Seattle is like Disney World compared to most US cities.

Worst I've experienced? Wandering off the campus of the University of Chicago. South Side baby! It ain't no joke.

South side of Chicago is a war zone. Chi-Raq is a real thing. Took a cab to a Bulls game that went through that area. Prayed to real God every time we got stopped at a red light.

Atlantic City, NJ was pretty grimy a block off the main strip 15 years back. Definitely had some people giving me and a buddy some dirty looks.

Philly is an absolute dump outside of the historic / downtown areas. Would not recommend anyone visit that city.

Seattle is not anywhere near the level of those areas, and it's because of demographics. Worst place is probably downtown at this point.
    to which I'm a fixin' to take my wife and shih tzu for a long walk for perspective. so it's all relative. Seattle is a walk through the park. anybody who's afraid of Seattle needs to reach up into their twats and find their ballz. i've worked there almost my entire adult life and have not once, ever, had even a moment's hesitation about anything. ever.

the way you describe SS Chi, which is accurate, is what Overtown and Liberty City once were. still not good places to find yourself, but not like before.

Get outside more often.

I measure my dick with a ruler.

You measure yours with a machine gun and a lot of tuff talk.

We’re different. That’s for sure. Has nothing to do with how often I’m outside.
  • Options

Sledog said:

Get outside more often.

I measure my dick with a ruler.

You measure yours with a machine gun and a lot of tuff talk.

We’re different. That’s for sure. Has nothing to do with how often I’m outside.

You're tough on a message board.

I simply post my experiences. I wasn't always allowed anything but being aggressive as the soft and unaware are the victims of the world. I didn't do my job under armed guard in a secure building. Very different worlds counselor and very different rulers.
  • Options
    dfleadflea Member Posts: 7,221
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Sledog said:

Sledog said:

South end of Watts because it looked like it had just been bombed and i was searching the sky for enemy planes.

I've had groups of gang members see me in my UC vehicle and start flipping me off and throwing signs. I flipped them off. I had a submachine gun in my lap so it wasn't me that should have felt unsafe.

Assuming there was one of you, you were definitely the one who should have felt unsafe.

Well it's a matter of perspective. The 60 friends on board made me feel more confident than they were.
    You brought 60 friends, and then acted tough?

lol

You're a gargantuan pussy.
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    Swaye's Wigwam

Sark > Ty shithole POTD

The resorts are fucking awesome though and there’s little chance of getting lynched by a drug cartel.
    My business was in San Jose. HTH
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    dflea said:

Sledog said:

Sledog said:

lol

There are 2 30 round mags on my SMG. Look up H&K MP5 mag clamp. HTH

What's life without friends?
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,475
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Richmond by the BART station will make your hair stand on end at night.

• Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Sledog said:

dflea said:

Sledog said:

Sledog said:

lol

To think you are going to out gun LA gangbangers is laughable
  • Options
    LebamDawgLebamDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,545
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Carnation. Do not go into the local tavern with hair down past your shoulders and beat those rednecks at pool for $5 a game without having a planned exit. Luckily, I was fast out into the street where a cop just happened to be sitting.

Now I am a redneck so it is OK to beat them.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,859

Sark > Ty shithole POTD

My business was in San Jose. HTH
    Pimpin’ ain’t easy. I understand.

• Options

Sledog said:

dflea said:

Sledog said:

Sledog said:

lol

Are you speaking from experience?

They we're walking in a group. It was all fun and games.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Sledog said:

Sledog said:

dflea said:

Sledog said:

Sledog said:

lol

They have sub machine guns. HTH.
  • Options

Sledog said:

Sledog said:

dflea said:

Sledog said:

Sledog said:

lol

None did that day. Having arrested poor's of them I'm familiar with their armaments.
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,494
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Chicago.

Internationally: parts of St Petersburg, Russia.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Sledog said:

Sledog said:

Sledog said:

dflea said:

Sledog said:

Sledog said:

lol

None did that day. Having arrested poor's of them I'm familiar with their armaments.
    Sure.gif