Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Outdoor Board?

Ice_HolmvikIce_Holmvik Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,910
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
Swaye's Wigwam
We have a small amount of outdoor enthusiasts on the site. Some knowledgeable catchers of fish, rowers AND paddlers, hunters and other cretins prowling the site. Any interest in an outdoor board for such things?

Comments

• Options
    minion_doogminion_doog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,946
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

Excellent rubber overflow discipline #edging

WOOD have gone ribbed cuff for her pleasure
  • Options
    Ice_HolmvikIce_Holmvik Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,910
    Swaye's Wigwam

You're on it, buddy. I used to work in the fly fishing shoppe. I've never owned a record store in real life.

While the Shoppe started at a music bored, the larger goal was to be the arts and culture section and basically catchall for all non tug / non sports ball threads.

We've already had some good fishing threads here. Hunting is welcome too so long as we don't go too far into gun politics.

I get that and wasn't attempting to step on your toes. My only thought was a dedicated board or sub yellow board might draw more participation. There is a wide variety on these boards that is great but speaking solely on my behalf the outdoor topics gwt buried pretty easily and make me less inclined to look. Appreciate ya tho Yellow.
  • Options
    minion_doogminion_doog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,946
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Don't forget the wam if you want to talk about your spot or techniques w/o them getting blown up. Guns are celebrated. Tag your boys, show your tits.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,644
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I'm fine with the odd fishing thread here on Yella's board. Too much fishing talk turns into faggy arguments over equipment, technique, ethics etc. If you crave that then check out Ifish.net. They have some active forums and plenty of shit threads.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,952
    They sell fish at the grocery store.

• Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,046
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dflea said:

I got banned from ifish.net

They aren't fans of colorful language and dirthead fishing tales over there. It's the dawgman of fishing sites.

Exactly. What makes almost all other boreds suck is lack of color and all around fuckery.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dflea said:

They aren't fans of colorful language and dirthead fishing tales over there. It's the dawgman of fishing sites.

Agreed. I made some excellent deals in the buy, sell, trade forum. I also met and went fishing with a few cool guys and made one pretty good friend. Got fed up with the faggery on the boards though. I havent been on there for a few years.
  • Options
    SECDAWGSECDAWG Member Posts: 5,004
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    thehulltruth.com is a huge fishing site but mostly saltwater. I’ve been a member there since the 2000’s with thousands of posts and have NEVER been band, believe that or not. Oh, and....

• Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,249
    Founders Club

chuck said:

dflea said:

Agreed. I made some excellent deals in the buy, sell, trade forum. I also met and went fishing with a few cool guys and made one pretty good friend. Got fed up with the faggery on the boards though. I havent been on there for a few years.
    Overall @chuck @dflea the internet is a net negative for fishing. Bigly. Homo sapiens can never keep a secret.
    I was listening to a fishing podcast a few months ago by April Vokey. (I think that's her last name). She was talking with a fishing guide about certain rivers in Western Canada that are so inundated with fisherman that it's impossible to enjoy oneself anymore.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,952

chuck said:

dflea said:

Overall @chuck @dflea the internet is a net negative for fishing. Bigly. Homo sapiens can never keep a secret.
    I was listening to a fishing podcast a few months ago by April Vokey. (I think that's her last name). She was talking with a fishing guide about certain rivers in Western Canada that are so inundated with fisherman that it's impossible to enjoy oneself anymore.
    Which in fisherman language means she saw someone else during a day of fishing.
  • Options
    1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,325
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

dflea said:

Exactly. What makes almost all other boreds suck is lack of color and all around fuckery.
    I thought "lack of color" is an HH board motto?...
  • Options
    dfleadflea Member Posts: 7,221
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

chuck said:

dflea said:

Ms. Vokey has done plenty to inform the public about the once-great fishing in NW BC and draw crowds to the rivers she fishes. Now you have to deal with slot limits, you can only fish on certain days, and the overall experience has been degraded.

She makes her living pimping rivers. It's a catch 22.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dflea said:

chuck said:

dflea said:

Ms. Vokey has done plenty to inform the public about the once-great fishing in NW BC and draw crowds to the rivers she fishes. Now you have to deal with slot limits, you can only fish on certain days, and the overall experience has been degraded.

She makes her living pimping rivers. It's a catch 22.
    Salmon, Trout, Steelheader and other magazines waged an all out PR campaign calling all fishermen to BC in the 80s and 90s. They practically begged people from the US to go to BC. Luckily the best steelheading in the world has some protections in place keeping crowds from descending en mass on all of it. Managing systems like the Babine as high end (for the rich only, essentially), trophy catch and release fisheries or with tight slot limits is the only thing protecting them. Other big systems like the Thompson havent fared so well. They can keep turning that thing silver so tourists can elbow in and foul hook hatchery pigs if they want. Just keep the crowds out of the few places still holding uniquely amazing fish or they'll be gone before I get a crack at them.
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    Swaye's Wigwam

Might as well start a BBQ forum too

Like my hero Lincoln I will ruthlessly put down all breakaway rebel boreds trying to leave my Shoppe.
    BBQers are people to and they know their RIGHTS!