Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Outdoor Board?

2»

Comments

• Options
    Ice_HolmvikIce_Holmvik Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,910
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    SECDAWG said:

thehulltruth.com is a huge fishing site but mostly saltwater. I’ve been a member there since the 2000’s with thousands of posts and have NEVER been band, believe that or not. Oh, and....

Archery guy here Pod. Had this pic saved on multiple computers over many years. Nice pull. Tiff Lakosky one of a kind. Poor girl fallen on some hard times of late.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,245
    Founders Club

Might as well start a BBQ forum too

Like my hero Lincoln I will ruthlessly put down all breakaway rebel boreds trying to leave my Shoppe.
    BBQers are people to and they know their RIGHTS!
    LGBTQ-BBQ
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

SECDAWG said:

thehulltruth.com is a huge fishing site but mostly saltwater. I’ve been a member there since the 2000’s with thousands of posts and have NEVER been band, believe that or not. Oh, and....

Archery guy here Pod. Had this pic saved on multiple computers over many years. Nice pull. Tiff Lakosky one of a kind. Poor girl fallen on some hard times of late.
    I had a bow and some arrows and got into archery for a bit. It was fun.
  • Options
    SECDAWGSECDAWG Member Posts: 5,004
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    edited January 2020

SECDAWG said:

TBH, I hadn’t heard or saw anything lately on Tiffany. Haven’t kept up with the outdoor personalities like I use to outside a few and had to look it up. She has had bad luck of late and I hate that, she really is the darling per se of the outdoor celebrities.

Far as bow hunting, I’m not mad at em as I use to be. Back in my earlier life I was up a tree with stick and string everyday during archery season and then some. On our private land and plenty of public here in the delta on draw hunts and OOS. Last bow I bought and still have is a Mathews Switchback XT and couldn’t tell you the latest and greatest like I use to. You know they come out with new shit every year. My first bow was a Browning recurve 😳. Killed a many nice buck over all those years. A lot of fun and memories.

Nowadays we mostly let the kids and younger adults get after em while we watch football on a couple different big screen TVs under our big lean to on one of our camps at a local river whilst grilling and setting at the bar and tables through the Fall until this time of year. Several of us take vacation the last 2 weeks of season for our rut here which runs til Feb 15. I’m off now til then and that’s when we usually get serious about the hunting. However nowadays I’d rather hit the climber over clearcuts and swamp in the mornings and our big green fields in comfortable tree houses in the eve, all with different types of smoke poles.

Oh, and another favorite:

• Options
    One more for good measure @Ice_Holmvik

• Options
    Ice_HolmvikIce_Holmvik Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,910
    Swaye's Wigwam
    SECDAWG said:

SECDAWG said:

TBH, I hadn’t heard or saw anything lately on Tiffany. Haven’t kept up with the outdoor personalities like I use to outside a few and had to look it up. She has had bad luck of late and I hate that, she really is the darling per se of the outdoor celebrities.

Far as bow hunting, I’m not mad at em as I use to be. Back in my earlier life I was up a tree with stick and string everyday during archery season and then some. On our private land and plenty of public here in the delta on draw hunts and OOS. Last bow I bought and still have is a Mathews Switchback XT and couldn’t tell you the latest and greatest like I use to. You know they come out with new shit every year. My first bow was a Browning recurve 😳. Killed a many nice buck over all those years. A lot of fun and memories.

Nowadays we mostly let the kids and younger adults get after em while we watch football on a couple different big screen TVs under our big lean to on one of our camps at a local river whilst grilling and setting at the bar and tables through the Fall until this time of year. Several of us take vacation the last 2 weeks of season for our rut here which runs til Feb 15. I’m off now til then and that’s when we usually get serious about the hunting. However nowadays I’d rather hit the climber over clearcuts and swamp in the mornings and our big green fields in comfortable tree houses in the eve, all with different types of smoke poles.

Oh, and another favorite:

Also saved on multiple computers Pod. Kinda scary. You can tell we both like archery and large targets.
  • Options
    First one down by one of my Pods at the club this eve @Ice_Holmvik. Good one for our neck of the woods. I’m not down there yet but will be tomorrow. They’re chasing good right now

• Options
    I’m in the process of cooking some fresh Alaskan halibut another pod brought me with some Cajun seasoning.

I’m liking this “outdoor board” biz...
  • Options
    dfleadflea Member Posts: 7,221
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    When I was in Neah Bay last spring we were paying this dude to clean our fish. He just got back into port from halibut fishing and asked if we wanted to buy some. I said fuck yes - come by our room in an hour and I'll peel you off 50 bones.

I couldn't believe the sack of fish he dropped on us. It was a total score. I love halibut fish and chips and I've been eating a lot of it this year. Sometimes, I add a bunch of cajun seasoning to the panko before frying it. Your feesh is looking pretty good there.

I'v about exhausted the supply of bottom fish in the freezer, but we're heading back up there in April to re-supply.
  • Options
    dflea said:

When I was in Neah Bay last spring we were paying this dude to clean our fish. He just got back into port from halibut fishing and asked if we wanted to buy some. I said fuck yes - come by our room in an hour and I'll peel you off 50 bones.

I couldn't believe the sack of fish he dropped on us. It was a total score. I love halibut fish and chips and I've been eating a lot of it this year. Sometimes, I add a bunch of cajun seasoning to the panko before frying it. Your feesh is looking pretty good there.

I'v about exhausted the supply of bottom fish in the freezer, but we're heading back up there in April to re-supply.

Never had halibut but was damn good. Mostly saltwater fish here and catfish/bream/perch fresh water.

• Options
    My last known bow kill to me @Ice_Holmvik with them
    Kiddos tracking..I’ve killed many larger but this one special