Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

OC position

sonics1993sonics1993 Member Posts: 1,460
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
edited December 2019 in Hardcore Husky Board
What I have heard about the OC position is Jimmy wanted to move quickly to convince Eason to stay. Eason’s family thought it would be best to move on instead of learning anthor offense. Now that Eason’s gone, Jimmy wants to interview a few NFL guys that will be fired come “Bloody Monday” and one of those people is Kellen Moore. Rhett has interviewed and is the leading candidate but Jimmy wants to interview some NFL coaches first knowing how big this decision is.

Comments

• Options
    BeerThirtyBeerThirty Member Posts: 2,465
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Great, can't get away from the the Petersen BSUOCTREE
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,910
    Standard Supporter
    Sounds like Kim was first and right. I'm sure he'll be here to beat his chest

Also, not sure I'm a big fan of Jimmy rushing his OC hire to please a player's family

@sonics1993 thanks for the update. What are your thoughts on Moore? Rhett? Other canfidates?
  • Options
    minion_doogminion_doog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,946
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    It would have been fun if Jen had put this much diligence into selecting the HC
  • Options
    DawgDaze71DawgDaze71 Member Posts: 704
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    No the offense can't get worse.
  • Options
    TommySQCTommySQC Member Posts: 5,813
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Sounds like Kim was first and right. I'm sure he'll be here to beat his chest

Also, not sure I'm a big fan of Jimmy rushing his OC hire to please a player's family

@sonics1993 thanks for the update. What are your thoughts on Moore? Rhett? Other canfidates?

Rhett has improved every offense he’s taken over including UCONN so he could be a good hire. Would be worried about Kellen because he has no experience as a college coach and little experience as a play caller. Todd Monken is a name brought up that will be available come Monday and he’s intriguing. I’m not a X and O guy so what the hell do I know. I mean can the offense really get worse?
    Monken of the Petersen's Biggest Bowl Win Monken's?
  • Options
    OreDawgOreDawg Member Posts: 589
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary

Moore May be good as a qb coach but I am not sure I want anything to do with an offense that would resemble what we’ve been doing.

In regards to Dallas’ offense, it really sounds like Kellen Moore has not been given full control of the offense and their dipshit head coach constantly interferes. Not that he will be a good college OC, but I don’t think what we have seen from Dallas is a fair indictment of KM.
  • Options
    NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    edited December 2019
    Jimmy can win 10 games with that defense alone, as long as the offense is ball control and not running trick plays or turning it over
    Either QB should be serviceable enough to get first downs. They have a stable of backs, and even two playmakers with Salvon and Columbian
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,910
    Standard Supporter

Jimmy can win 10 games with that defense alone, as long as the offense is ball control and not running trick plays or turning it over
    Either QB should be serviceable enough to get first downs. They have a stable of backs, and even two playmakers with Salvon and Columbian

Yep, on paper our offense is probably #1 in the pac as well. You have a stable of 3 4* qbs to pick from, one of the top TEs in the league, a WR stable with like 7 4* recruits, and an o line where 3rd and 4th year players should be filling in the spots. If Ahmed returns, you've got one of the top returning RBs. Theres no reason our offense cant be just as strong as our defense
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,934
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Emoterman said:

Monken wouldn’t be bad. He had a really good offense in 2915 as the head coach of Southern Miss. They shredded us in that game.

Nick Chubb is right at the top of rushing leaders, so his run game is good too.

He would definitely be a big upgrade considering his history. He’s also been OK State’s OC when they were good with Weeden and Justin Blackmon.

@Emoterman want to play with my cyber balls?