Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Chip Long for OC WTF???

Comments

• Options
    dtddtd Member Posts: 4,108
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

dnc said:

Hiring Gerald Alexander to lead the LBs and firing Bob Gregory into the sun would be like replacing a dollar store steak with a Tomahawk.

Make it fucking happen

I like GA but I’m not sure why people are so sure he can coach LBs
    This. After the disaster at ILB this year do we really want to bring in a guy who has never coached the position before? We can add GA to coach DBs while also replacing Bob with a new LB coach.
    I want to see how cutthroat Lake is right away. If he really wants Alexander, fire Harris and slide Alexander in his place. Hire a big-time LB coach to replace Gregory. Then hire a big-time OC and let him pick out a QB coach.
    Maybe give Peter Sirmon a raise?
  • Options
    HuskyClawsHuskyClaws Member Posts: 1,170
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    edited December 2019
    dtd said:

dnc said:

Hiring Gerald Alexander to lead the LBs and firing Bob Gregory into the sun would be like replacing a dollar store steak with a Tomahawk.

Make it fucking happen

This. After the disaster at ILB this year do we really want to bring in a guy who has never coached the position before? We can add GA to coach DBs while also replacing Bob with a new LB coach.
    I want to see how cutthroat Lake is right away. If he really wants Alexander, fire Harris and slide Alexander in his place. Hire a big-time LB coach to replace Gregory. Then hire a big-time OC and let him pick out a QB coach.
    Maybe give Peter Sirmon a raise?
    Sirmon and Wilcox go back a long ways and seem joined at the hip. If there's any place Sirmon would leave for though, it would be UW (for obvious reasons). Is he considered a big-time recruiter? Haven't seen his name mentioned in recruiting much the past few years.
  • Options
    DoogWhispererDoogWhisperer Member Posts: 1,020
    First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    dnc said:

Make it fucking happen

Doogs
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    dnc said:

Make it fucking happen

people are idiots
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,003
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

FireCohen said:

Didn’t Clemson shut them out? Fucking babushka our at least some points against bamer

Some ND fans say the real problem is their OL coach, not the OC; the OC is leaving because the HC won't allow him to find a better OL coach (HC & OL coach have been friends for years).
    Wasn’t Denbrock the Notre Dame OL coach for years?
    I don’t know the names but ND’s OL coach left for the NFL (Bears maybe) 2 years ago. That coach was the guy who coached McClinchey and whoever the guard is that plays for the Colts, Quinton something.
  • Options
    insinceredawginsinceredawg Member Posts: 5,117
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

dnc said:

Make it fucking happen

Who said GA was being in to recruit LB's?
    Someone suggested it earlier in this thread and it was a popular TSIO talking point before we hired Harris. Do you know if GA is in play for the open coaching spot?
  • Options
    jhfstyle24jhfstyle24 Member Posts: 3,255
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

dnc said:

Make it fucking happen

Someone suggested it earlier in this thread and it was a popular TSIO talking point before we hired Harris. Do you know if GA is in play for the open coaching spot?
    I would love to bring in GA to essentially replace Jimmy... but the things that make sense are:

Bush: DAO
    KB: DAO
    Pao: DAO
    Greggy: DAO

If Lake doesn't do this, he's a moron. None of those coaches are worth a fuck. You think LSU would be okay with those coaches? lol

I want to win a Natty. Doogs who say 'you know, we can't expect to be Alabama' are the kind of people who defend Pao, KB and Greggy. Fuck all that with a hammer.

Chip Long would be good. KB can't recruit and can't coach. Pao can't recruit and can barely coach. Greggy can't recruit and played Kyler Manu over Ulofoshio all season so FTG.

I would like the coaches we hire to be able to 1) coach and 2) recruit. That's pretty much my standard. I'm sick of this Boise State West shit.

I don't want to be a fucking WAC team.
    Disagree on KB and PowPow not being able to coach, particularly PowPow. PowPow's on-field product is consistently good to great. KB is the same (to be fair Gaskin saved his ass). I would be okay with firing KB, but PowPow deserves to keep his job.

Yes recruiting matters and I want to see him recruit better. It's imperative that he does so. But at the moment he is a putting a product on the field better than most or all of our other position coaches. So to want him gone seems kind of crazy to me.
  • Options
    Neighbor2972Neighbor2972 Member Posts: 4,298
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes

dnc said:

Make it fucking happen

I would love to bring in GA to essentially replace Jimmy... but the things that make sense are:

If Lake doesn't do this, he's a moron. None of those coaches are worth a fuck. You think LSU would be okay with those coaches? lol

I want to win a Natty. Doogs who say 'you know, we can't expect to be Alabama' are the kind of people who defend Pao, KB and Greggy. Fuck all that with a hammer.

Chip Long would be good. KB can't recruit and can't coach. Pao can't recruit and can barely coach. Greggy can't recruit and played Kyler Manu over Ulofoshio all season so FTG.

I would like the coaches we hire to be able to 1) coach and 2) recruit. That's pretty much my standard. I'm sick of this Boise State West shit.

Disagree on KB and PowPow not being able to coach, particularly PowPow. PowPow's on-field product is consistently good to great. KB is the same (to be fair Gaskin saved his ass). I would be okay with firing KB, but PowPow deserves to keep his job.

Yes recruiting matters and I want to see him recruit better. It's imperative that he does so. But at the moment he is a putting a product on the field better than most or all of our other position coaches. So to want him gone seems kind of crazy to me.
    I don't know, i think we overrate how much an individual position coach matters in a player's development compared to overall program culture. I feel like generally a coach's ability to 'teach' the position, at least for TE & RB coaches, probably isn't that different from coach to coach.

Just looking at past results to justify keeping coaches is how you end up with 2019 Bob Gregory and our inside linebackers.
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,003
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

dnc said:

Make it fucking happen

I downvoted this because it seems that coaching RBs is the easiest position to coach. You can afford to put a guy in that role if he’s a great recruiter but not a great coach.
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Sonics saying there's been mutual interest. I can't watch Notre Dame because I reject indulgences. Would we want this guy?

A lot of teams are interested in him right now. Young, strong recruiter and proven play caller.
    Does everyone say so?
  • Options
    Crow_T_RobotCrow_T_Robot Member Posts: 58
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment Name Dropper

dnc said:

Make it fucking happen

I downvoted this because it seems that coaching RBs is the easiest position to coach. You can afford to put a guy in that role if he’s a great recruiter but not a great coach.
    How do you coach RBs? Hey Barry, make everyone miss!!! The idea that you can coach RBs to greatness is so fucking stupid it should never get any time. That position is RECRUIT HUGE TIME PLAYERS and make sure they don't fumble and can pass block.

Again - you think KB's amazing coaching skills is going to turn Sunday into D'Andre Swift?

You guys know UGA is getting Milton AND Zach Evans, right? I'm sure our guys will be about the same with KB's incredible Moob grooming.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

dnc said:

Make it fucking happen

How do you coach RBs? Hey Barry, make everyone miss!!! The idea that you can coach RBs to greatness is so fucking stupid it should never get any time. That position is RECRUIT HUGE TIME PLAYERS and make sure they don't fumble and can pass block.

Again - you think KB's amazing coaching skills is going to turn Sunday into D'Andre Swift?

You guys know UGA is getting Milton AND Zach Evans, right? I'm sure our guys will be about the same with KB's incredible Moob grooming.
    1) you're wrong. It happens on the margin. A very good back can be made great with coaching.
    2) contrary to the cliche, speed can be coached as well
  • Options
    CaptainPJCaptainPJ Member Posts: 2,986
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes

Saw AcropJr is teasing changes on both sides of the ball and seems to know who the main targets are. Kim also pretending he knows but "cant say".Any insight, @sonics1993 ?

I know every move that will happen this offseason, I'm just sworn to secrecy. I don't want to burn sources.

We also have 22 silent commits for the 2021 class. I can't say who they are though. You'll find out anytime between now and December next year.
    Lest you be “swimming with the fishes?!!”

And can we get a 6 on your Members Only jacket?
  • Options

dnc said:

Make it fucking happen

1) you're wrong. It happens on the margin. A very good back can be made great with coaching.
    This is how I know you're fucking retarded.

Yeah. So, what do you think KB did with Myles? You think he got a lot better in his 4 years you asshat?

You guys have talked yourselves into a Doog frenzy while Oregon passed us by being like 'hey, we should get talented players'.

Can you point me to a VG back that was made great by coaching? lol FOH clownass.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited December 2019

dnc said:

Make it fucking happen

Yeah. So, what do you think KB did with Myles? You think he got a lot better in his 4 years you asshat?

You guys have talked yourselves into a Doog frenzy while Oregon passed us by being like 'hey, we should get talented players'.

Can you point me to a VG back that was made great by coaching? lol FOH clownass.
    That's how I know you're an idiot. Gaskin was a good back in high school. He didn't peak his senior year and stay level. Fucking dumbshit. Yes, coaching matters. Stick with your stupid BT2W dumbshit site and your waste of space podcast you ass fuck.

Chris Polk got better between year 2 and 3. I guess that was just from letting nature take its course. Idiot
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,727
    Swaye's Wigwam

dnc said:

Make it fucking happen

You're the snake oil salesman with all the level up bullshit as Oregon zipped by

We need coaches. 5 losses with your fucking teens
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

dnc said:

Make it fucking happen

You're the snake oil salesman with all the level up bullshit as Oregon zipped by

We need coaches. 5 losses with your fucking teens
    ^ this
  • Options

dnc said:

Make it fucking happen

That's how I know you're an idiot. Gaskin was a good back in high school. He didn't peak his senior year and stay level. Fucking dumbshit. Yes, coaching matters. Stick with your stupid BT2W dumbshit site and your waste of space podcast you ass fuck
    Yeah, you're right great point. KB made Myles!! Great point. Except he was never better than he was as a sophomore you df.

Why don't you have any evidence for what you're saying? I thought this was an easy point to make. Just list your top 10 RBs that came in good and left great due to coaching...

HOLD ON TO THE BALL!! BLOCK THAT GUY!!!

You're probably right though. What does literally every successful CFB program know that you don't? Probably nothing.

The arguments about recruiting here are facebook level retarded.

"I SAYIG COACHIG MATTURZ!!"

Good point.