Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Odds of Tre’Shaun Harrison transferring to UW?

Comments

• Options
    LebamDawgLebamDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,532
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    come on - someone has to say he will be a duck. he will get in easier and be richer.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

chuck said:

Very high.

Scott sounds racist as fuck saying that Treshaun has a bad attitude and couldn’t get into UW. He just makes this shit up lol.

Ecklund is racist as fuck. That's why.

He got into FSU. He could have gotten into UW. NCAA minimums are the same everywhere.
    I’m glad Lake probably won’t be as stringent on grades as Pete was. I know how Pete says that guys with high grades are normally their best players and it shows work ethic, but it’s a biased, opinion based argument. One can not care about school but work extremely hard in football. It’s called having a passion for doing something.
    This is a fucktarded statement

We should continue to have a focus on education ... it’s a huge selling point for us

If the point is that we are willing to invest more in kids that may need more educational support that’s a different comment and very valid

• Options
    It does no good to take a student athlete that will not be successful in the classroom at UW ... it’s essentially ensuring attrition

That said we have strong education support in place ... so we shouldn’t be passing on kids just because they need the support either

It’s a delicate line to walk ...

But if a kid essentially tells us he isn’t here to play school ... that’s largely a pass for me
  • Options
    NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

chuck said:

Very high.

Scott sounds racist as fuck saying that Treshaun has a bad attitude and couldn’t get into UW. He just makes this shit up lol.

He got into FSU. He could have gotten into UW. NCAA minimums are the same everywhere.
    I’m glad Lake probably won’t be as stringent on grades as Pete was. I know how Pete says that guys with high grades are normally their best players and it shows work ethic, but it’s a biased, opinion based argument. One can not care about school but work extremely hard in football. It’s called having a passion for doing something.
    Opera was a Rhodes scholar

J/k but still
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,162
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Let the kids play
  • Options
    DoogWhispererDoogWhisperer Member Posts: 1,017
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Tequilla said:

It does no good to take a student athlete that will not be successful in the classroom at UW ... it’s essentially ensuring attrition

That said we have strong education support in place ... so we shouldn’t be passing on kids just because they need the support either

But if a kid essentially tells us he isn’t here to play school ... that’s largely a pass for me

Lol you honestly think these kids are challenged more academically at UW than FSU?
  • Options
    NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729

Tequilla said:

chuck said:

Very high.

We should continue to have a focus on education ... it’s a huge selling point for us

If the point is that we are willing to invest more in kids that may need more educational support that’s a different comment and very valid

The school’s education should be a selling point. Not passing in guys with marginal grades that can still get in.
    Corey Dillon says hi. Did anyone see him in class? Ever
  • Options
    FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,705
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    FireCohen said:

Tequilla said:

Dude you really becoming like fucking Kim taking two sides of the argument. Take the fringe guys and get him tutors. I have the prestigious UW education............which means......degree is worthless...and......any retard should be able to do fine with help.
    Becoming?
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,794
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    Time to take the senile old bastard out back yet or?
  • Options
    FireCohen said:

Tequilla said:

Dude you really becoming like fucking Kim taking two sides of the argument. Take the fringe guys and get him tutors. I have the prestigious UW education............which means......degree is worthless...and......any retard should be able to do fine with help.
    That’s actually what I’m saying to do ... we have great academic support so utilize them as an asset

But the key is getting kids that want to utilize that support ... does no good to bring in kids that don’t care about the academics that will end up attritting out of the program

There’s likely a delicate line to walk with respect to the program’s culture
  • Options

Tequilla said:

Lol you honestly think these kids are challenged more academically at UW than FSU?
    By and large yes ... anybody that does anything outside of General Studies will have to pay some attention to academics ... and that’s only because I don’t 100% know about what the composition of a General Studies degree looks like
  • Options

Tequilla said:

chuck said:

Very high.

The school’s education should be a selling point. Not passing in guys with marginal grades that can still get in.
    Corey Dillon says hi. Did anyone see him in class? Ever
    Corey Dillon came from a JC, played essentially one quarter, and then left school ... that’s about the only way the “I don’t play school” works