Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Official invite from Softy Mahler via twitter

Comments

• Options
    PatHadenFSPatHadenFS Member Posts: 542
    5 Awesomes Name Dropper First Anniversary 5 Up Votes
    Can I come to this SoftyFS/HHB meetup?

Most of you guys owe me a BJ, and I think there's a pretty good chance that softy would thumb my prostate.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,453
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment blah
    dnc said:

I like the combination of "Sark left the program in better shape" and "OMG things were so fucking terrible we went 0-12 and had the worst roster ever" arguments. Who wasn't going to leave the program in better shape under those conditions?

By that shit tier argument of leaving the program in better shape than he inherited you could say Ty did his job since there was more talent in 2009 roster than 2005.

That argument is fucktarded and pulling an AuburnDoog. If someone told you at that initial KICK ASS presser Sark would go 34-29, 31-29 vs FBS, 19-17 vs conference and have his best season be 5-4 in conference play you would have said that was a failure.

Yet Doogs now move the Goal Posts and say shit like "well the program is better off than when he got here. We were 0-12 what did you expect? "
    Especially if they would have told you he had 11 NFL players on the roster, Jake was going to stay two more years and only miss one more game due to injury.

I think there's some who really believed Sark inherited 0-12 talent. If you watched the 08 team I can see why you would have been deceived into believing that. They were terrible. But the awfulness was a combination of losing the one decent QB on the roster and hating their coach. Neither of those factors ever applied again.

The further we get away from 08 the better the jerb Sark inherited looks, and the worse the jerb he did with it.
    I thought with a healthy Jake the Huskies would make a bowl game in 2009 even after 0-12. I knew that's how much of a gap between Jake/Fouch was and the gap between an able body/Ty was going to be. Plus 2008 lost Chris Polk after just two games.

So how would the 2009 team have done had they had no Locker or Polk? I'm guessing 0-12 as well(maybe 1-11 since WSU was so bad but they were in 2008 so who knows?).

Whenever I bring that up I get the "but, still Sark had to change the mindset of 0-12" which he did a good job of that quickly going 4-5 in conference. Unfortunately he peaked in year two going 5-4 and stayed at 5-4 the following three seasons after that as well.
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,644
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Can't we get back to talking about bullies and China?
  • Options
    HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    I emailed Softy about coming on the podcast but he never replied. We were in a twitter conversation and he said he would come on the show.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

I emailed Softy about coming on the podcast but he never replied. We were in a twitter conversation and he said he would come on the show.

Doogman style.

• Options

You can always meet up with him and ambush him there. Start the interview as you meet up for Lunch. Record like a 5-10 minute soundbite.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    Super secret cell phone recording
  • Options
    FenwickFenwick Member Posts: 1,174
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment 5 Awesomes
    You guys sure love your Husky football! Can't say the same for this Softy dude. Softy? Just how did he get that name? Would a real man want to be call Softy? Soft what? You know what I am saying.
  • Options
    Tequilla said:

Super secret cell phone recording

Just put him on the spot and say if you can record a 5-10 minute sound bite. You said yourself in person it's easier to corner someone.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    That's the direct approach.

If you think he's going to weasel out of it ... then you do the recording double secret probation style.

Probably better to get him to agree to it though.
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,587
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Fenwick said:

You guys sure love your Husky football! Can't say the same for this Softy dude. Softy? Just how did he get that name? Would a real man want to be call Softy? Soft what? You know what I am saying.

You might wanna PM 49ers fans on this.
  • Options
    CokeGreaterThanPepsiCokeGreaterThanPepsi Member Posts: 7,646
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    I was present for the Rip_Ty (That guy is a dick) and Softy meetings in Vegas. Softy isn't as much of a doog as he is on twitter and the radio. I just wish he would start expecting more from every sport in the area. I think though as a radio personality, and the fact that a lot of people in this area don't like to hold people to standards makes him a lot passive on the radio.

I really believe there is a place for a radio host to ask for more from every aspect of the sports landscape in Seattle, it would be a big change from what you get in this market right now. If Softy was smart he would be that guy, but I don't think he will do it.
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,587
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Yeah it doesn't surprise me that Softy personally wants the coach that will bring us to the top so he can go troll the fuck out of duck and cougar fans, but then has this doog radio personality on air that makes us all want to plunger our ears.
  • Options
    FenwickFenwick Member Posts: 1,174
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment 5 Awesomes
    is there an online podcast? I want to listen to this twerp.
  • Options
    chrisvashonchrisvashon Member Posts: 627
    First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes

I was present for the Rip_Ty (That guy is a dick) and Softy meetings in Vegas. Softy isn't as much of a doog as he is on twitter and the radio.

Go on
  • Options
    whlinderwhlinder Member Posts: 4,322
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    Tequilla said:

1) I can't think of many people that don't realize that this program is in a better place today than it was when Sark took over - he should be thanked for that. But at the same time, it was also clear that he wasn't the answer going forward to take this program to the next level.

Fuck that. His thank you was those big ass checks he was cashing. You shouldn't get thanked for doing absolute bare minimum of your job requirements.