Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

The Kurds

Comments

• Options
    BendintheriverBendintheriver Member Posts: 5,334
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    HHusky said:

Turkey reportedly preparing to cross the border at any moment. I’m sure the TugCons will defend Daddy no matter what happens. Betraying or abandoning allies is shameful.

You talk about something you have no clue about. We are in the mess because BO was sucking Iran and Russia's dicks. Two wonderful countries with wonderful leaders right? Yes, BO was afraid to cozy up to anyone who was anti-assad because if he did it would upset Russia and Iran. So he got the YPG to do the dirty work against ISIS. They did what they were supposed to do, we supported them with all of our weapons and airforce, it is time to leave. Period. Trump really has very little choice. We can't continue to go down this road and work with a group YPG who is approved by the Iranians and Russians if we want to re-balance our foreign policy.

Thanks a lot BO and Susan Rice, you not only fucked this thing up by sucking Iranian and Russian dick, you put our country in an unsustainable situation and then we get to hear from ignorant idiots like HH and the hondo bro's who are against war except when they can make cheap political points off of being a make believe Patton.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,430
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Islam isn't a threat

Climate change is
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,872

Islam isn't a threat

Climate change is

Word. The raging Asbergers child made that painfully obvious.

• Options
    HardlyClothedHardlyClothed Member Posts: 937
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Trump increased the number of troops in Afghanistan, continues to support Saudi atrocities in Yemen, has us on the brink of war with Iran, and ballooned our military budget, but the conservatives here thinks he’s a dove ending our forever wars because he pulled out a handful of troops in Syria that were preventing a NATO genocide of our Kurdish allies that defeated ISIS.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Turkey is our ally

NATO is precious
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    One man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter

President Recep Tayyip Erdogan tweeted that the maneuvers being carried out against Syrian Kurdish forces – which Ankara considers terrorists allied with a Kurdish insurgency within Turkey – are part of Operation Peace Spring.

We must protect NATO. Everyone said so
  • Options
    ramenduckramenduck Member Posts: 734
    edited October 2019

HHusky said:

Turkey reportedly preparing to cross the border at any moment. I’m sure the TugCons will defend Daddy no matter what happens. Betraying or abandoning allies is shameful.

You talk about something you have no clue about. We are in the mess because BO was sucking Iran and Russia's dicks. Two wonderful countries with wonderful leaders right? Yes, BO was afraid to cozy up to anyone who was anti-assad because if he did it would upset Russia and Iran. So he got the YPG to do the dirty work against ISIS. They did what they were supposed to do, we supported them with all of our weapons and airforce, it is time to leave. Period. Trump really has very little choice. We can't continue to go down this road and work with a group YPG who is approved by the Iranians and Russians if we want to re-balance our foreign policy.

Thanks a lot BO and Susan Rice, you not only fucked this thing up by sucking Iranian and Russian dick, you put our country in an unsustainable situation and then we get to hear from ignorant idiots like HH and the hondo bro's who are against war except when they can make cheap political points off of being a make believe Patton.
    Who had the Obama/Susan Rice parlay in the Atlduck pool?

• Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,279
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker

HHusky said:

Sledog said:

HHusky said:

Sledog said:

We'll see how it plays out. I'm not for abandoning allies. Problem here is they're both allies. Seems Trump's told Turkey there will be consequences if the they jump in. So we're to stay forever? The anti-war crowd is now pro war because they're anti Trump? TDS is very real.

Right. Daddy will destroy the Turkish economy on twitter.

We're there. People can argue about whether we should have been there, but that's the fact. As Colin Powell said to W about our military adventures, "You break it, you bought it."
    And Simone has to yet us out. Short of executing 60k Isis trash there isn't much we can do. They'll be let go eventually and will go back to raping and pillaging. That's why they make drones.
    It doesn't take a rocket surgeon to know how you gals would be howling if a Democrat had ever done anything this reckless.
    You mean like giving the worlds largest exporter of terrorism freed up sanctions and cash to the tune of 50 Billion+ without congressional authorization? In the middle of the night no less? You mean that kind of recklessness?

You are a hypocritical idiot.
    But...but...but...it was their money
  • Options

One man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter

President Recep Tayyip Erdogan tweeted that the maneuvers being carried out against Syrian Kurdish forces – which Ankara considers terrorists allied with a Kurdish insurgency within Turkey – are part of Operation Peace Spring.

We must protect NATO. Everyone said so

No problem. As long as they pay in their share.
  • Options
    GDSGDS Member Posts: 1,470
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Bush 1 encouraged the Kurds and Irqaui people to revolt after Gulf War 1 and watched them get bombed and gassed. That's the Colin Powell Bushie wing you libtards now worship because they hate Trump for not going along with their bullshit wars

The Kurds have no country. I'm pretty sure if Trump took up arms against a NATO ally there would be real hell to pay

You folks have never given a shit about any of those folks over there so let's not pretend we do know. Thanks
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    ramenduck said:

HHusky said:

Who had the Obama/Susan Rice parlay in the Atlduck pool?

History started in 2016 post of the day
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    Trusting Turkey with the ISIS fighters seems foolish as hell. Their "ally" status is always day to day.

That said, "Fighting between various groups that has been going on for hundreds of years. USA should never have been in Middle East" is as true as anything any American politician has said in years.

I don't love this move but I don't pretend to know what the best thing.

Fuck the Middle East.
  • Options
    dnc said:

Trusting Turkey with the ISIS fighters seems foolish as hell. Their "ally" status is always day to day.

That said, "Fighting between various groups that has been going on for hundreds of years. USA should never have been in Middle East" is as true as anything any American politician has said in years.

Fuck the Middle East.

Except for joobs. I can’t trust anyone who is against joobs.
  • Options
    GDSGDS Member Posts: 1,470

Bush 1 encouraged the Kurds and Irqaui people to revolt after Gulf War 1 and watched them get bombed and gassed. That's the Colin Powell Bushie wing you libtards now worship because they hate Trump for not going along with their bullshit wars

The Kurds have no country. I'm pretty sure if Trump took up arms against a NATO ally there would be real hell to pay

You folks have never given a shit about any of those folks over there so let's not pretend we do know. Thanks

Get a country then pop off? If only there was an example of the world not caring what happens to stateless people leading to dire consequences. Godwin covers the spread again!
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    GDS said:

Get a country then pop off? If only there was an example of the world not caring what happens to stateless people leading to dire consequences. Godwin covers the spread again!
    You should start a go fund me.

Do something.
  • Options
    HHuskyHHusky Member Posts: 19,183
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Sledog said:

HHusky said:

Sledog said:

GDS said:

Agreeing with essentially all our military advisors that keeping a small contingent in Northern Syria to help the Kurds and ensure the 11k ISIS fighters captured and detained remain detained is now considered “pro-war”? FS

We could execute all of them. Problem solved.
    The people we're abandoning hold the prisoners. We don't.
    I guess they figure out what to do with them then. Maybe Turkish bombs will settle that.
    salemcoog said:

HHusky said:

Sledog said:

HHusky said:

Sledog said:

We'll see how it plays out. I'm not for abandoning allies. Problem here is they're both allies. Seems Trump's told Turkey there will be consequences if the they jump in. So we're to stay forever? The anti-war crowd is now pro war because they're anti Trump? TDS is very real.

We're there. People can argue about whether we should have been there, but that's the fact. As Colin Powell said to W about our military adventures, "You break it, you bought it."
    And Simone has to yet us out. Short of executing 60k Isis trash there isn't much we can do. They'll be let go eventually and will go back to raping and pillaging. That's why they make drones.
    It doesn't take a rocket surgeon to know how you gals would be howling if a Democrat had ever done anything this reckless.
    Welp. It was the toothless recklessness that got us in there in the first place, so there’s that.

And it would only take a WaPo or NYT article on how the poor ISIS were being abused in captivity for your team to demand release of them anyway.

But Trumps the bad guy. Not the country invading.
    You're not really conversant in the facts of this situation, obviously.
    dnc said:

Fuck the Middle East.

The status quo wasn’t getting civilians bombarded by a modern military.

Poor Turkey. Now Daddy, in his infinite wisdom, is going to destroy their economy.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    HHusky said:

Sledog said:

HHusky said:

Sledog said:

GDS said:

Agreeing with essentially all our military advisors that keeping a small contingent in Northern Syria to help the Kurds and ensure the 11k ISIS fighters captured and detained remain detained is now considered “pro-war”? FS

I guess they figure out what to do with them then. Maybe Turkish bombs will settle that.
    salemcoog said:

HHusky said:

Sledog said:

HHusky said:

Sledog said:

Welp. It was the toothless recklessness that got us in there in the first place, so there’s that.

And it would only take a WaPo or NYT article on how the poor ISIS were being abused in captivity for your team to demand release of them anyway.

dnc said:

Fuck the Middle East.

Poor Turkey. Now Daddy, in his infinite wisdom, is going to destroy their economy.
    Wtf is the status quo in the Middle East? Pre Trump? Pre US intervention?

I don’t know how anyone could even pretend to know what the status quo in the Middle East looks like, other than war and bloodshed.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    HHusky said:

Sledog said:

HHusky said:

Sledog said:

GDS said:

salemcoog said:

HHusky said:

Sledog said:

HHusky said:

Sledog said:

dnc said:

Fuck the Middle East.

Tell that to Northern Iraq