Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Backstory on the Smalls recruitment

Comments

• Options
    LongDukDongLongDukDong Member Posts: 1,210
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    edited September 2019
    Nerds fighting over who broke the story first
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,257
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Way to cordial of a conversation for HH. Can we get some twisters out here please?
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

MisterEm said:

Tequilla said:

Some of you get butthurt for very small reasons

My point was simply that the Smalls news today has been trending this way for a while ... this shouldn’t be a surprise.

As for the comment of “wanting to be noticed” that’s funny ... I don’t claim to be a recruiting expert in any way, shape, or form ... I have far bigger things going on in life right now to even consider thinking in those terms

The idea of Smalls waiting until closer to the first Signing Day always seemed like the most logical ... happy it’s done with early

I logged in just to reply to the original "look-at-me I play zone at the IMA" blowhard.

JFC @Tequilla. Have you no self-awareness? Nothing worse than a know it all narcissicist blowhard.

You ruin the TSIO pod. Dennis, Coker and Wilbur should be the lineup. They are worth a listen.

You contribute nothing here or on the Pod but more autism awareness donations. Killer strength coach imitation tho 👍🏽👍🏽

Make like @HeretoBeatmyChest and beat it already. At least he can contribute (or carry?) his pod.

😘😘
    This x 100000

I love the pod with just DDY/Coker and Wilbur when he made a few cameos. Teq completely ruins the dynamic by interjecting with analogies to his career life and the annoying Feld impressions which were mildly funny the first time. Do us all a favor and retire from the pod for good.
    Not a big podcast of any kind guy myself but the couple times I heard Teq’s Feld impressions they were pretty entertaining.
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,064
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    Baseman said:

This "who had the scoop first" bullshit is so fucking cringey!! LOL, none of you fuckers are making even $1,000 annually on your recruiting prowess.

Congrats @Baseman for a great take.

@Tequilla and @sonics1993 - no need to throw your two cents in on this. Seriously. Especially you Tequilla, fuck off forever.

$0 revenue and way backwards on lost productivity, so yeah, I won't make that mistake again.

I'll stick with shit posting and mix in an occasional hot take

Shitpoasting is really how you make your mark here. Hard to monetize? Yes. Hard to enjoy? Never.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    MisterEm said:

Tequilla said:

My point was simply that the Smalls news today has been trending this way for a while ... this shouldn’t be a surprise.

As for the comment of “wanting to be noticed” that’s funny ... I don’t claim to be a recruiting expert in any way, shape, or form ... I have far bigger things going on in life right now to even consider thinking in those terms

The idea of Smalls waiting until closer to the first Signing Day always seemed like the most logical ... happy it’s done with early

I logged in just to reply to the original "look-at-me I play zone at the IMA" blowhard.

JFC @Tequilla. Have you no self-awareness? Nothing worse than a know it all narcissicist blowhard.

You ruin the TSIO pod. Dennis, Coker and Wilbur should be the lineup. They are worth a listen.

You contribute nothing here or on the Pod but more autism awareness donations. Killer strength coach imitation tho 👍🏽👍🏽

Make like @HeretoBeatmyChest and beat it already. At least he can contribute (or carry?) his pod.

😘😘
    Feel better now?
  • Options

MisterEm said:

Tequilla said:

😘😘
    This x 100000

I love the pod with just DDY/Coker and Wilbur when he made a few cameos. Teq completely ruins the dynamic by interjecting with analogies to his career life and the annoying Feld impressions which were mildly funny the first time. Do us all a favor and retire from the pod for good.
    Thanks for your feedback
  • Options

This "who had the scoop first" bullshit is so fucking cringey!! LOL, none of you fuckers are making even $1,000 annually on your recruiting prowess.

@Tequilla and @sonics1993 - no need to throw your two cents in on this. Seriously. Especially you Tequilla, fuck off forever.

Another satisfied customer ...
  • Options
    JoeEDangerouslyJoeEDangerously Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,148
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

Joey Thomas and UW have a good relationship. Don't understand where this narrative is coming from.

Bullshit narratives is all some of us have in life.
  • Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Baseman said:

Baseman said:

Baseman said:

animate said:

Joey Thomas and UW have a good relationship. Don't understand where this narrative is coming from.

oooh, interesting!

so, was Joey Thomas supportive or not?

Is this just an easy narrative to blame someone then?
    Joey Thomas was supportive of Smalls if he wanted to go to UW and it some false rumor that the dawgman staff spreads. Joey was just on UW campus talking with the coaches this past spring.
    Joey did meet with the staff and probably told Smalls he'd support him if he picked UW. I also know he frowned on the OKG label, described it as elitist, and encouraged Smalls to take a hard look at FSU and I didn't get it from Dawgman
    He told him to review his options which is what he should say, he didn't tell him to go a certain school and he didn't bad mouth Washington and tell him not to go there.
    Clearly, you've proven you know a lot of the inner happenings of the recruiting office, I find it strange, though, that you know each side of the conversations between the coaches and Smalls, Smalls and Thomas, opposing coaches and Smalls, and opposing coaches and Thomas. Who said what, and when.

I heard different about Thomas. It may be wrong. I don't think so. I don't care. I don't get paid for this and have better things to do then debate TBS stories.

I made the mistake of dropping something earlier today followed by messages from upset TBS folks who claimed they had it first, last night, last week, two months ago. Cool.
    I know the garfield coach that was in Smalls head and it wasn't Thomas. That garfield coach along with a certain family member of Harrison were running there mouth about UW. As far as how I get this info, it's easy I have sources both within the UW program and high school ranks. That's how I knew about Smalls eliminating UW before anybody and that's how I knew Smalls apologized to UW before anybody. Ask BTP, I told him back in July that Smalls called UW after running into them, apologized and wanted back in.
    You were 1st, congrats. Feel free to share your information here more regularly. I thought you had left so I let these guys know what I'd heard. Sorry if you felt I stepped on your toes. Won't happen again
    I wasn’t talking about a “who had it first”, sorry if it came off that way. Your info was correct and you nailed the summary, I just wanted to insert the Joey Thomas info because I think he gets a bad wrap thanks to dawgman. Sorry if it came off aggressive, that wasn’t my intention at all.
    This is a very classy post
  • Options
    HUSKYFANATICHUSKYFANATIC Member Posts: 1,651
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Baseman said:

Baseman said:

Baseman said:

animate said:

oooh, interesting!

so, was Joey Thomas supportive or not?

Is this just an easy narrative to blame someone then?
    Joey Thomas was supportive of Smalls if he wanted to go to UW and it some false rumor that the dawgman staff spreads. Joey was just on UW campus talking with the coaches this past spring.
    Joey did meet with the staff and probably told Smalls he'd support him if he picked UW. I also know he frowned on the OKG label, described it as elitist, and encouraged Smalls to take a hard look at FSU and I didn't get it from Dawgman
    He told him to review his options which is what he should say, he didn't tell him to go a certain school and he didn't bad mouth Washington and tell him not to go there.
    Clearly, you've proven you know a lot of the inner happenings of the recruiting office, I find it strange, though, that you know each side of the conversations between the coaches and Smalls, Smalls and Thomas, opposing coaches and Smalls, and opposing coaches and Thomas. Who said what, and when.

I heard different about Thomas. It may be wrong. I don't think so. I don't care. I don't get paid for this and have better things to do then debate TBS stories.

I made the mistake of dropping something earlier today followed by messages from upset TBS folks who claimed they had it first, last night, last week, two months ago. Cool.
    I know the garfield coach that was in Smalls head and it wasn't Thomas. That garfield coach along with a certain family member of Harrison were running there mouth about UW. As far as how I get this info, it's easy I have sources both within the UW program and high school ranks. That's how I knew about Smalls eliminating UW before anybody and that's how I knew Smalls apologized to UW before anybody. Ask BTP, I told him back in July that Smalls called UW after running into them, apologized and wanted back in.
    You were 1st, congrats. Feel free to share your information here more regularly. I thought you had left so I let these guys know what I'd heard. Sorry if you felt I stepped on your toes. Won't happen again
    I wasn’t talking about a “who had it first”, sorry if it came off that way. Your info was correct and you nailed the summary, I just wanted to insert the Joey Thomas info because I think he gets a bad wrap thanks to dawgman. Sorry if it came off aggressive, that wasn’t my intention at all.
    This is a very classy post
    Nebraska Classy?
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,566
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Tequilla said:

Another satisfied customer ...
    Disagree

Leave
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dnc said:

MisterEm said:

Tequilla said:

😘😘
    This x 100000

Not a big podcast of any kind guy myself but the couple times I heard Teq’s Feld impressions they were pretty entertaining.
    I listened to 10 min of the one after the Utah game in 2016. I thought Teq was fine. It’s not that riveting of a show. Enjoy those guys as posters a lot more than their pod, although I haven’t listened in a few years.