Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Backstory on the Smalls recruitment

Comments

• Options
    longduckdonglongduckdong Member Posts: 1,008
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Baseman said:

Baseman said:

animate said:

Joey Thomas and UW have a good relationship. Don't understand where this narrative is coming from.

oooh, interesting!

so, was Joey Thomas supportive or not?

Is this just an easy narrative to blame someone then?
    Joey Thomas was supportive of Smalls if he wanted to go to UW and it some false rumor that the dawgman staff spreads. Joey was just on UW campus talking with the coaches this past spring.
    Joey did meet with the staff and probably told Smalls he'd support him if he picked UW. I also know he frowned on the OKG label, described it as elitist, and encouraged Smalls to take a hard look at FSU and I didn't get it from Dawgman
    He told him to review his options which is what he should say, he didn't tell him to go a certain school and he didn't bad mouth Washington and tell him not to go there.
    Clearly, you've proven you know a lot of the inner happenings of the recruiting office, I find it strange, though, that you know each side of the conversations between the coaches and Smalls, Smalls and Thomas, opposing coaches and Smalls, and opposing coaches and Thomas. Who said what, and when.

I heard different about Thomas. It may be wrong. I don't think so. I don't care. I don't get paid for this and have better things to do then debate TBS stories.

I made the mistake of dropping something earlier today followed by messages from upset TBS folks who claimed they had it first, last night, last week, two months ago. Cool.
    For someone that doesn't get paid about TBS....you spend a lot of time talking about it

Borderline jock sniffer
  • Options
    HuskyHalfBrainHuskyHalfBrain Member Posts: 1,160
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    The same.

My source about a month or two ago said Smalls might actually commit to Washington.

Prior to that, he was all but Florida State's to lose if not to another out of state program.

@Baseman's accurate with his posting.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,857
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Baseman said:

Props to Pete K. He started working Smalls 3+ years ago then pulled back when Smalls went big shot punk under the spell of was Joey Thomas who initially soured Smalls on UW.

PK and Pete at that point walked away. Internally, they decided if Smalls became a Husky he would have to initiate the contact. They were done.

One time this summer, PK and Smalls ended up at the same event. PK passed right by Smalls and said hello. It was cordial, professional. PK kept walking

A few weeks later a contrite Smalls called PK and Pete and apologized for publicly dropping UW. He expressed he still had serious interest in Washington if they still had interest in him. PK and Pete re-engaged Smalls and teamed up with Huard for a full court press on Savell.

It helped by this time that Joey Thomas had packed up his shit and moved away. Savell's one time mentor, it was Thomas who had perpetuated the OKG anti-African American schtick.

Away from Thomas now, Smalls started listening to his parents. They wanted him to stay home; they believed in Pete's Built for Life spiel. Smalls FSU visit turned him solidly back towards home when he got an inside look at the Taggart shit show that his one time "mentor" Joey,T. tried pushing him to. Clemson by this time had filled up, Bama had 4 elite OLB commitments. The stars began aligning in UWs favor.

Sam and Savell became close. About six weeks ago, the winds began blowing heavily in UW's favor. I began hearing UW believed they'd probably get Smalls but that it would go all the way to signing day. In my gut, I thought if Smalls was going to UW, he'd follow Sam's lead, announce early and help recruit the final spots in the class...

So there you are.

You could have saved a lot of characters and just said Joey Thomas is a punk ass bitch.

But it all ends cool.

• Options
    GwadGwad Member Posts: 2,855
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    I believe sonics the rest is just hyperbole!
  • Options
    DoogWhispererDoogWhisperer Member Posts: 1,017
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    I'm glad Huard's check cleared.
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,907
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Beno4Life said:

From @Baseman’s account, how is no one giving props to Kwat?

He did it, he actually did it: He recruited an elite dude, peas and carrots and all!

If we're going based on assisstants/position coaches, he also beat out ND and Oregon for Trice and Bama/everybody for Latu last year
  • Options
    rustysavagerustysavage Member Posts: 942
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Tequilla said:

Not going to find this on bd2w

Not trying to take away from my buddy Baseman who has some really good nuggets here ... but the tea leaves for Smalls were out there for a while

I had also heard from someone inside the program that the feeling was that Smalls was in the bag
    HA! Such fag
  • Options
    BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    MisterEm said:

Tequilla said:

Some of you get butthurt for very small reasons

My point was simply that the Smalls news today has been trending this way for a while ... this shouldn’t be a surprise.

As for the comment of “wanting to be noticed” that’s funny ... I don’t claim to be a recruiting expert in any way, shape, or form ... I have far bigger things going on in life right now to even consider thinking in those terms

The idea of Smalls waiting until closer to the first Signing Day always seemed like the most logical ... happy it’s done with early

I logged in just to reply to the original "look-at-me I play zone at the IMA" blowhard.

JFC @Tequilla. Have you no self-awareness? Nothing worse than a know it all narcissicist blowhard.

You ruin the TSIO pod. Dennis, Coker and Wilbur should be the lineup. They are worth a listen.

You contribute nothing here or on the Pod but more autism awareness donations. Killer strength coach imitation tho 👍🏽👍🏽

Make like @HeretoBeatmyChest and beat it already. At least he can contribute (or carry?) his pod.

😘😘
    Now, now. Teq contributes, differently then Dennis and Coker, sure. I'd miss him if he left.
  • Options
    NoWarningJustDawgNoWarningJustDawg Member Posts: 1,000
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    Baseman said:

MisterEm said:

Tequilla said:

Some of you get butthurt for very small reasons

My point was simply that the Smalls news today has been trending this way for a while ... this shouldn’t be a surprise.

As for the comment of “wanting to be noticed” that’s funny ... I don’t claim to be a recruiting expert in any way, shape, or form ... I have far bigger things going on in life right now to even consider thinking in those terms

The idea of Smalls waiting until closer to the first Signing Day always seemed like the most logical ... happy it’s done with early

I logged in just to reply to the original "look-at-me I play zone at the IMA" blowhard.

JFC @Tequilla. Have you no self-awareness? Nothing worse than a know it all narcissicist blowhard.

You ruin the TSIO pod. Dennis, Coker and Wilbur should be the lineup. They are worth a listen.

You contribute nothing here or on the Pod but more autism awareness donations. Killer strength coach imitation tho 👍🏽👍🏽

Make like @HeretoBeatmyChest and beat it already. At least he can contribute (or carry?) his pod.

😘😘
    Now, now. Teq contributes, differently then Dennis and Coker, sure. I'd miss him if he left.
    Practice, and aim more carefully. Perhaps you're leading him too much? He's not in his 20's anymore.