Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

The all wasted talent team

Comments

• Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Gunheim was a damn good player but would have been recognized as great if he played on a good team or good defense. In the 2006 game against UCLA, he ran down a guy who had like a 80 yard punt return. A fucking DL running down a return guy. Gunheim would have been a beast under a real coach.

Wasn't it MJD he ran down?
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,476
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Yeah Gunhiem was awesome. He was a guy who wasn't evaluated, but definitely deserves to be on the list because he had the raw tools. Also Emeka Iweka probably deserves to be on the list.

And who was the tall safety who led the team in interceptions in limited playing time, had like 14 tackles against oregon, and then was suddenly seniored? Hemphill?

It's interesting to note that our most successful players have been the unranked to lower 2-3 star guys this past decade, which shows how much of life comes down to individual effort and ambition.

These were guys who were going to work their asses off in spite of boobs, paint dry, and snark.

A lot of those 4 star guys believed the hype and got put on their asses for it.

Tip o the cap to:

Donald Butler
    CJ Wallace
    Teo Neshiem
    Khalif Barnes
    Gunheim
    Victor Ayiewa
    Glenn
    Shackleford
    Dashon Goldson
    Dan Howell
    Paul Homer
  • Options
    Doogles said:

Yeah Gunhiem was awesome. He was a guy who wasn't evaluated, but definitely deserves to be on the list because he had the raw tools. Also Emeka Iweka probably deserves to be on the list.

And who was the tall safety who led the team in interceptions in limited playing time, had like 14 tackles against oregon, and then was suddenly seniored? Hemphill?

It's interesting to note that our most successful players have been the unranked to lower 2-3 star guys this past decade, which shows how much of life comes down to individual effort and ambition.

These were guys who were going to work their asses off in spite of boobs, paint dry, and snark.

Tip o the cap to:

Donald Butler
    CJ Wallace
    Teo Neshiem
    Khalif Barnes
    Gunheim
    Victor Ayiewa
    Glenn
    Shackleford
    Dashon Goldson
    Dan Howell
    Paul Homer

Why do you hate Mason Foster?

• Options

Took this long with no mention of Jack Lockner? Look what he did his freshman year vs Ohio State? He looked like a future Heisman contender. Then by his senior year we couldn't wait for him to be gone.

Imagine if he had a coach who didn't give a fuck about FREE PUB! in the NFL draft and allowed Jack to be an athlete who can hit some play action passes?

When Jack ran, he ran with a purpose. He looked like a power back who had speed out there. I think how Ty didn't coach Jack at all combined with Sark insisting on making an inaccurate QB who is a great athlete into a pocket QB has to be one of the biggest coaching tragedies we've seen.

Jack should have been a Rose Bowl MVP at Montlake and due to piss poor coaching we remember him differently.

I started to list him and then forgot while I was thinking back to early last decade. Definitely agree.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,453
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment blah
    dnc said:

Doogles said:

Tip o the cap to:

Donald Butler
    CJ Wallace
    Teo Neshiem
    Khalif Barnes
    Gunheim
    Victor Ayiewa
    Glenn
    Shackleford
    Dashon Goldson
    Dan Howell
    Paul Homer

Foster was the anti Ty-Sark player. He led the conference in tackles as a sophomore during that dreck of an 0-12 season and was a 2 star. He's a success story.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Took this long with no mention of Jack Lockner? Look what he did his freshman year vs Ohio State? He looked like a future Heisman contender. Then by his senior year we couldn't wait for him to be gone.

Imagine if he had a coach who didn't give a fuck about FREE PUB! in the NFL draft and allowed Jack to be an athlete who can hit some play action passes?

When Jack ran, he ran with a purpose. He looked like a power back who had speed out there. I think how Ty didn't coach Jack at all combined with Sark insisting on making an inaccurate QB who is a great athlete into a pocket QB has to be one of the biggest coaching tragedies we've seen.

Jack should have been a Rose Bowl MVP at Montlake and due to piss poor coaching we remember him differently.

My Grandpa was a tosu alumnus and we went to that game in the crisp fall...God He almost willed us to win.

May Freshman Jesus Locker rest in peace.
  • Options
    Doogles said:

My Grandpa was a tosu alumnus and we went to that game in the crisp fall...God He almost willed us to win.

May Freshman Jesus Locker rest in peace.
    Fuck Quentin Richardson WARCG

• Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Huge omission.
  • Options
    puppylove_sugarsteelpuppylove_sugarsteel Member Posts: 9,133
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    Curtis Bogan, Jason Bass, Corey Dillon, Key Bankhead, Travis spring, Jason Shelley, Matt Tui, Big Ben, Adam Tate...and a few others as I just popped these off top of head in 30 seconds
  • Options
    And don't let me forget Ricky ' s all American Da'Juan Hawkins . A 6-5 rail who ran a 4.85 40 and couldn't hold onto the ball over the middle. Then again the ball was 2 seconds early has he hadnt made most of his breaks yet. Then again we were still limping years later after Janoski ' s departure. We never recovered from that and Da Juan was asked to do too much to live up to his legacy.

Nice job with the WR'S lambo. Just 1 would have been nice aside from Pathon and flash freddy (who had one good year as a senior). Barbara didn't help much with Kasim but how about a little insurance. Sorry, I digress!
  • Options
    Hey more_time, without Google can you tell me about Bogan and where Lambo wanted him? Fuck no you can't cunt! Slice? I know Passion can, maybe tailgetter
  • Options
    Mad_SonMad_Son Member Posts: 10,095
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Don't forget Craig Chambers.

FREE CHAMBERS!!!

Also, Chris Hemphill

• Options
    SweatpantsGeneralSweatpantsGeneral Member Posts: 2,053
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Name Dropper
    Jordan White-Frisbee is on my all Ty-era Team.
  • Options
    LouieLouieLouieLouie Member Posts: 12
    First Comment 5 Up Votes Photogenic
    No Tripper Johnson? Cody Bruns? Johnny Durocher? Carl Bonnell? Cody Ellis?
  • Options

No Tripper Johnson? Cody Bruns? Johnny Durocher? Carl Bonnell? Cody Ellis?

raycist

• Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Mad_Son said:

Don't forget Craig Chambers.

FREE CHAMBERS!!!

Also, Chris Hemphill

Chris Hemphill! That was the safety I was thinking about. All he did was make plays when Ty was forced to put him in. Then someone would get healthy, and he would warm pine.

Long Rangy ball hawk safety that makes tackles and creates turnovers...Sounds like Pete Carroll could have won a superbowl with him.

Just thinking about his suddenly senior pisses me off. Fuck you Tyrone!! You fucking knew UW was your last coaching gig and knew you could play god in PC "we can't look racist" Seattle. Fuck you in your frowning little face. Fuck you for holding up 1 finger for 4 years like you even knew who the kicker was. You couldn't wait for the buy out you embarrassment of a professional.

Probably cost a handful of men millions of dollars, just because their eyes were better than yours and called you out. Fuck. You.
  • Options
    ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,453
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment blah

Hey more_time, without Google can you tell me about Bogan and where Lambo wanted him? Fuck no you can't cunt! Slice? I know Passion can, maybe tailgetter

You lost cred when you said the name Corey Dillon.

Just STFU and let the adults talk. Dillon was the greatest back in the last 50 years. If he had James he leads UW to a natty and wins the heisman.

Instead he had dumb fuck Lambo who you continue to doog it up for.

You are starting to get to be revenge of the nerds territory.