Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Jake Overman, 2020 3* TE, Anaheim (Servite), CA (Offered)

Comments

• jhfstyle24jhfstyle24 Member Posts: 3,255
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

proof said:

I'm sure Rogers is really enjoying these offers

Rogers' teammate at EC informed me he's not even that good. I'm not super concerned about him getting offered. Gee Scott was another issue, but Adams seems to see the problem there.

But still, does that mean we should be offering JAG's? Absolutely not. If the quality isn't there then don't fucking offer if you don't need it. Jfc.

I'm sure the doogs will say "but powpow develops well so it's fine that we don't get studs!"

IMAGINE WHAT HE COULD DO WITH STUDS!!! WHY ARE YOU SATISFIED WITH MEDIOCRITY???

Not hard. GET THE BEST PLAYERS. DEVELOP THEM. GET SOME HARDWARE. REPEAT.
    Ektard today:

"Heart and desire have been a big question mark for him. Not only with the UW staff, but also those within the EC program."
    Ektard reads these boreds.

It's really fucking sad. Do your job!
  • PenacePenace Member Posts: 494
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Agree. Its frustrating. We should be owning the west coast and instead we are offering jags. This fucking guy is beaver material. Wtf
  • BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs
    edited August 2019

Whether they offer Rogers or not is not my frustration. The level of talent they are offering though is just a throw away roster spot. After producing nfl picks the last few years and Daniels and Perkins also getting checks in the nfl, this is alarming.
    I get that Powpow seems to do a good job coaching but these swings and misses are going to catch up to us.

Thankful that no other teams around the country know where Tumwater wa is because otton was a Lay up.

With Paopao recruiting we need in-state lay ups to save our asses every time at TE.
  • dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,702
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

Whether they offer Rogers or not is not my frustration. The level of talent they are offering though is just a throw away roster spot. After producing nfl picks the last few years and Daniels and Perkins also getting checks in the nfl, this is alarming.
    I get that Powpow seems to do a good job coaching but these swings and misses are going to catch up to us.

Thankful that no other teams around the country know where Tumwater wa is because otton was a Lay up.

With Paopao recruiting we need in-state lay ups to save our asses every time at TE.
    Rogers disagrees.
  • bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,876
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Hopefully we offered too late
  • GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Now that's a who's who of bottom-feeding P5 programs, plus UNLV and Oregon State.
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dnc said:

Hopefully we offered too late

There's no hope.

This one's Overman.
    Possibly YVBCommentE

• DoogCouricsDoogCourics Member Posts: 5,739
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    At 6-4, 235 pounds, Overman has good size and is a prototype tight end who can block as well as catch the football. He shows very good hands and can make plays down the field as well as pick up those key 1st downs working the middle of the field.

He has excellent body control and athleticism and is the kind of tight end you can use in just about any situation. He can play as an inline tight end, you can spilt out wide or play him in the slot and he should be a very productive player at the next level.

On Sunday, Overman tweeted out a top eight that included Arizona, Cal, Kansas, Oregon State, UNLV, Utah, Vanderbilt and Washington.

Overman has already officially visited Oregon State and the Beavers have made a strong connection with him. We thought there was a chance Overman could make a summer decision and if he did, the Beavers would have likely been the choice.

Washington is his most recent offer and we know that was a big one for him. The Huskies have two tight ends already committed but plan to take a third and Overman said he will definitely take an official visit in the fall to Seattle. So who could land the final three visits?

Back in June, Overman said he could potentially take a July official visit and mentioned Vandy, Kansas and Cal as three schools he was considering. He didn’t end up visiting anyone with the open weekend but it won’t surprise us if at least 1-2 of those programs are able to get Overman on campus.

Arizona was an early offer for Overman and has been a constant in his recruitment. We haven't heard Utah and UNLV mentioned as much as the other schools on Overman's list so it will be interesting to see if they get land a visit. If we to handicap it right now, Oregon State and Washington look to be doing the best with Overman but there's still plenty of time in his recruitment for another program to make a serious run as well.
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I’m really glad @sonics1993 doesn’t have an update on this one. Way to read the room!

At 6-4, 235 pounds, Overman has good size and is a prototype tight end who can block as well as catch the football. He shows very good hands and can make plays down the field as well as pick up those key 1st downs working the middle of the field.

He has excellent body control and athleticism and is the kind of tight end you can use in just about any situation. He can play as an inline tight end, you can spilt out wide or play him in the slot and he should be a very productive player at the next level.

On Sunday, Overman tweeted out a top eight that included Arizona, Cal, Kansas, Oregon State, UNLV, Utah, Vanderbilt and Washington.

Overman has already officially visited Oregon State and the Beavers have made a strong connection with him. We thought there was a chance Overman could make a summer decision and if he did, the Beavers would have likely been the choice.

Washington is his most recent offer and we know that was a big one for him. The Huskies have two tight ends already committed but plan to take a third and Overman said he will definitely take an official visit in the fall to Seattle. So who could land the final three visits?

Back in June, Overman said he could potentially take a July official visit and mentioned Vandy, Kansas and Cal as three schools he was considering. He didn’t end up visiting anyone with the open weekend but it won’t surprise us if at least 1-2 of those programs are able to get Overman on campus.

Arizona was an early offer for Overman and has been a constant in his recruitment. We haven't heard Utah and UNLV mentioned as much as the other schools on Overman's list so it will be interesting to see if they get land a visit. If we to handicap it right now, Oregon State and Washington look to be doing the best with Overman but there's still plenty of time in his recruitment for another program to make a serious run as well.

@NorwegianHusky

I don't write the articles, I just relay the message. But I understand your poont.
  • dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    visiting Sept. 28 for the USC game
  • insinceredawginsinceredawg Member Posts: 5,117
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    dhdawg said:

Was hoping he would visit in December to provide more time for the coaches to evaluate and eventually offer DJ Rogers.
    edited August 2019

dhdawg said:

Was hoping he would visit in December to provide more time for the coaches to evaluate and eventually offer DJ Rogers.
    The DB room situation makes me think the coaches have decided to just wrap up the class ASAP and then full court press Smalls, Banks, and Carlton.

If Rogers hasn’t shown he loves football and works his ass off by the start of his Senior year, Pete may just be over it.

And with the info I’ve learned recently from how the 247 rankings are done, TE is the toughest to figure out. The elite guys are elite. The rest that make it to the NFL were lowly rated dudes who all took massive leaps in college with their physical development.

So who knows how important it is to get Rogers. If he is talented but won’t work hard, maybe getting guys like Culp and Redman as your A list then filling the cracks with guys you can develop is all you need.

Fuck if I know, I’m no expert.

Edit: this is in no way saying that we haven’t completely fucked up TE recruiting every year because the top prospects we are after always go elsewhere. That’s a failure. Even if we get C and D targets and coach them up.