Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Recruiting Questions?

Comments

• Options
    AlCzervikAlCzervik Member Posts: 1,774
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Answer
    Shower or fridge?
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
  • Options
    BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,333
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Why did you (DJ) pick the shitty Sonics logo?
  • Options
    DodgyBlokeDodgyBloke Member Posts: 957
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    This thread is a treasure chest.

How long do you expect dawgman to stay a float with sites like this and BDTW giving recruiting info away for free?
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

@sonics1993 upon reading several threads in the Wam.

@sonics1993 calling @AcropolisJr

It was fun while it lasted.

Wait did he sell the couch already?
  • Options
    AcropolisJrAcropolisJr Member Posts: 46
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment Name Dropper

@sonics1993 upon reading several threads in the Wam.

@sonics1993 calling @AcropolisJr

It was fun while it lasted.

:D
  • Options
    BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs
    edited August 2019
    dnc said:

This would be in the running for best thread of all time just based on the fantastic info but this beat down of all BallzDeep's talking points makes it the undisputed best. thread. ever.

IMO, of course.

He may have a legit source or sources, but there was definitely some bullshit mixed in with the source info. First he says UW had Josh Delgado higher on the board than Taj Davis (LOL) and then he retracted that and said Davis took Delgado's spot and Delgado was indeed slow played. That wouldn't have happened if Taj Davis was lower on the board than Delgado was.

Then he says UW was originally looking to only take two WR's this class and that it got bumped to three. That makes sense, they took Sawyer as insurance not knowing at the time Junior Adams fucks and would get both Jalen and Rome who were both clearly prioritized over Wilson. That caused Wilson to be slow played and I'm sure Oregon was in his ear about that and that's why he stopped taking UW's calls. Sonic didn't get that info about Wilson not taking UW's calls from a UW source. He got it from posts by Oregon mods and so he mixes his own speculation based on what mods say just like all of us and tries to pass it off as source info when it's not and he was mistaken. Yes, I'm sure Wilson stopped taking UW's calls at some point, but it wasn't because he was a top target and wasn't interested. It was because he was VERY interested but didn't feel like a top priority for UW so he moved on. I respect that. Going where you're wanted and needed the most isn't a bad move to make.

I call bullshit out when I see it. His "UW doesn't slow play top guys" shit was total bullshit. They offer way more guys than they can take in any given class which means it is inevitable that some guys get slow played while they wait for their top targets to make their decisions. Highly rated guys have been slow played and passed on many times before. Even guys fans perceive as must take guys can and have been slow played and Johnny Wilson was one of them. If he doesn't know that then he's either not as plugged in as someone like Roof is or he's a shill for the staff and doesn't want that kind of info on the boards because the staff is still keeping their eye on Wilson his Senior year and as he said, recruits and parents read the boards.
  • Options
    BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs
    edited August 2019
    He's not the first "poster with sources" to be wrong and won't be the last. I'm still waiting for JTT to commit before the season. :D
  • Options
    Beno4LifeBeno4Life Member Posts: 533
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    @sonics1993 @AcropolisJr Is Julius Irvin a victim of the injury bug or is he not progressing as well as coaches expected? I thought he’d be the Cam Williams of 2018. XOXO for all the info!
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,901
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Beno4Life said:

@sonics1993 @AcropolisJr Is Julius Irvin a victim of the injury bug or is he not progressing as well as coaches expected? I thought he’d be the Cam Williams of 2018. XOXO for all the info!

I'm pretty sure hes injured and has been since hes been here. Hes an amazing athlete but is currently on the Michael Neal/DJ Beavers track