Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Jacobe Covington, 2020 4* DB, Scottsdale (Saguaro) AZ, (reCOMMITTED)

Comments

• Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    edited August 2019

The only scenario I’m concerned about is Lake taking off in January

Dude he was leaving, we are lucky to be able to keep him around so long. Harris better get his recruiting and coaching chops ready
  • Options
    LaMichael_CorleoneLaMichael_Corleone Member Posts: 1,316
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment Name Dropper

Replacing Jimmy with Gearld Alexander needs to start being seen as a positive. GA is the missing link to translating to fast strategy kids. He is the model of LA black fast strategy guys using the slow strategy and structure of Pete’s program to start a family and make six figures doing what he loves all because he used football as an avenue to get out. He will relate to a lot more people who we haven’t had much of a shot at.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    Emoterman said:

Replacing Jimmy with Gearld Alexander needs to start being seen as a positive. GA is the missing link to translating to fast strategy kids. He is the model of LA black fast strategy guys using the slow strategy and structure of Pete’s program to start a family and make six figures doing what he loves all because he used football as an avenue to get out. He will relate to a lot more people who we haven’t had much of a shot at.
    This. On a related note, if when they build Pete a statue and it isn't actually a statue of Pete and Kawasaki throwing up the dubs together or fly fishing together or whatever the fuck together, K will have been sold short.

Assuming K has no head coach aspirations and will ride with Pete until the end, while simultaneously being clearly the best coordinator in the nation, and on top of all that taking a fucking demotion to keep Spokane Jimmy around for another couple years... He deserves to be on the Huskie football Mt Rushmore.
    If they bring a naty home, he will definitely involved
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Emoterman said:

This. On a related note, if when they build Pete a statue and it isn't actually a statue of Pete and Kawasaki throwing up the dubs together or fly fishing together or whatever the fuck together, K will have been sold short.

Assuming K has no head coach aspirations and will ride with Pete until the end, while simultaneously being clearly the best coordinator in the nation, and on top of all that taking a fucking demotion to keep Spokane Jimmy around for another couple years... He deserves to be on the Huskie football Mt Rushmore.
    It’s almost like Kwat realizes we will not be better off without Jimmy Lake.
  • Options
    EmotermanEmoterman Member Posts: 3,333
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    edited August 2019
    dnc said:

Emoterman said:

It’s almost like Kwat realizes we will not be better off without Jimmy Lake.
    I can't imagine we'll be better off without Jimmy, but I'm not sure Jimmy would be Jimmy without Kawasaki.

There will be life after Lake.
  • Options
    dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary

This post is getting bumped in January
  • Options
    dnc said:

Oh yay, it’s “We will be better off without Jimmy Lake!” again.
    Nice quotation of something that was never said.
  • Options

Again with this. GAs recruiting performance at Cal the last 3 years runs in deep contrast to the narrative that this message bored has created for him.

Maybe he'd blow up if he came here but it's funny how the people who scream the loudest about recruiting results are enamored by this guy who has not signed a single blue chip recruit in 3 years.
    Should we live in a world where we think Jimmy is going to be here forever or should we look at his situation realistically and be ready to always improve?

Not once in my post did I say Jimmy wasn’t good or getting the job done.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

dnc said:

I know you’re new here but holy crap.

It’s been said.
  • Options
    dnc said:

dnc said:

It’s been said.
    I know it’s been said. What does that have to do with me saying if/when Jimmy leaves we need to look at GA as a positive?
  • Options
    dnc said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

It’s been said.
    I know it’s been said. What does that have to do with me saying if/when Jimmy leaves we need to look at GA as a positive?
    You didn’t say if/when. You said “Replacing Jimmy with Gearld Alexander needs to start being seen as a positive.“

It’s not a positive.
    Ahhhhh yes. That must mean I want jimmy fired. How else would GA replace him? Us firing him or him leaving and us hiring GA?
  • Options
    dnc said:

Again with this. GAs recruiting performance at Cal the last 3 years runs in deep contrast to the narrative that this message bored has created for him.

Maybe he'd blow up if he came here but it's funny how the people who scream the loudest about recruiting results are enamored by this guy who has not signed a single blue chip recruit in 3 years.
    Should we live in a world where we think Jimmy is going to be here forever or should we look at his situation realistically and be ready to always improve?

Not once in my post did I say Jimmy wasn’t good or getting the job done.
    Presenting GA as the best option when Jimmy leaves is a worthy discussion and one I probably agree with.

Presenting him as improvement over Jimmy is FS.
    “Be ready to always improve”.......? That means he’s an improvement over Jimmy? Look getting GA would be a huge positive for us if Jimmy left. Period. You can form whatever you want in your head about what you think I mean but Jimmy is gonna leave at some point and we’ll be lucky to get GA if we can with his NFL experience and familiarity with LA.