Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Jacobe Covington, 2020 4* DB, Scottsdale (Saguaro) AZ, (reCOMMITTED)

Comments

• Options
    whuggywhuggy Member Posts: 2,088
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

ASU not looking so hot anymore, funny how recruiting works.

The week to week stuff isn’t as important as some think.

It’s pretty easy for UW to sell being one to two players away from turning those close losses into wins. Obviously winning is most important, but there are all sorts of ways to spin things to paint yourself in a better light to recruits.
    One of the main reasons he decommitted was because ASU was 5-1 and herm had things turned around. Two weeks later they are 5-3 and there defense looks terrible.
    @sonics1993 does this mean UW is still in it/pursuing him now that Herm has dropped two (and is likely not favored in the majority of their remaining games)?

Or does Jimmy/Pete cut him loose for taking visits while committed?
    Still in contact but giving him his space like they did with Smalls. Jacobe already knows what UW offers and they are letting him look around to see what program fits him the best.
    I thought you referenced it as a grades issue?
  • Options
    MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    maybe Smalls needs to talk to him and just let him know how the process went for him.
  • Options
    sonics1993sonics1993 Member Posts: 1,460
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    edited October 2019
    whuggy said:

It’s pretty easy for UW to sell being one to two players away from turning those close losses into wins. Obviously winning is most important, but there are all sorts of ways to spin things to paint yourself in a better light to recruits.
    One of the main reasons he decommitted was because ASU was 5-1 and herm had things turned around. Two weeks later they are 5-3 and there defense looks terrible.
    @sonics1993 does this mean UW is still in it/pursuing him now that Herm has dropped two (and is likely not favored in the majority of their remaining games)?

Still in contact but giving him his space like they did with Smalls. Jacobe already knows what UW offers and they are letting him look around to see what program fits him the best.
    Never said that, that was dawgman who reference his grades not me. I said he was having second thoughts when dawgman and Ruth was saying he was solid and said ASU was a real threat. ASU is still a real threat because they got mom on there side.
  • Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,446
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

whuggy said:

Never said that, that was dawgman who reference his grades not me. I said he was having second thoughts when dawgman and Ruth was saying he was solid and said ASU was a real threat. ASU is still a real threat because they got mom on there side.
    Do you know why other recruiting sites are so wrong all the time?
  • Options
    whuggywhuggy Member Posts: 2,088

whuggy said:

What am I missing? On October 17 I believe you said Pete made an exception on him because of grades. Was posted on here. I'm confused.
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,935
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

whuggy said:

whuggy said:

What am I missing? On October 17 I believe you said Pete made an exception on him because of grades. Was posted on here. I'm confused.
    Sonics said CP and Lake made an exception and took a commitment where they usually would not (because of grades.)

But then he burned them anyway.

The grades part only referred to the initial screening not as to why he decomitted.
    The logical reasoning and comprehension is skrong with this one.
  • Options
    LongDukDongLongDukDong Member Posts: 1,210
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    This Sonics guy needs some help mastering they’re, there and their. I think he’s literally 0 for 20 in this thread. Will he ever guess correctly?
  • Options
    BeerThirtyBeerThirty Member Posts: 2,465

This Sonics guy needs some help mastering they’re, there and their. I think he’s literally 0 for 20 in this thread. Will he ever guess correctly?

Don't hate. Appreciate
  • Options

whuggy said:

*they're
    Um.......
  • Options
    Ice_HolmvikIce_Holmvik Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,910
    Swaye's Wigwam

whuggy said:

whuggy said:

Sonics said CP and Lake made an exception and took a commitment where they usually would not (because of grades.)

But then he burned them anyway.

The grades part only referred to the initial screening not as to why he decomitted.
    The logical reasoning and comprehension is skrong with this one.
    Da weed be telling him so
  • Options

whuggy said:

*they're
    Um.......
    Dont make me bust out thatsthejoke.jpeg
    um.....
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,429
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Swaye said:

Hey donger....

She did an 8 week Bravo show with Fredrick the million dollar real estate agent

A couple of the gayest dudes ever when they got together
  • Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,279
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    We might want to wait and see until after the Utah game
  • Options
    CallMeBigErnCallMeBigErn Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,214
    Founders Club
    edited October 2019

Yeah I have always sucked at that.