Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Jacobe Covington, 2020 4* DB, Scottsdale (Saguaro) AZ, (reCOMMITTED)

Comments

• Options
    Beno4LifeBeno4Life Member Posts: 533
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Seriously Euckland is really bad at his job. I posted Sunday that it was going to be a dawg fight and ASU was real threat. Didn't expect him to decommit yet but not surprised. Pete is pissed because he made a exception for him and this is how he gets thanked. But Jacobe is a emotional kid who has favored four different schools during this period. This is long way from being over if Jimmy wants to battle.

@sonics1993 What was the exception Pete made for Jacobe? Grades, school flip-flopping uncertainty, absence of family/Mom blessing?
  • Options
    whuggywhuggy Member Posts: 2,088
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Beno4Life said:

Seriously Euckland is really bad at his job. I posted Sunday that it was going to be a dawg fight and ASU was real threat. Didn't expect him to decommit yet but not surprised. Pete is pissed because he made a exception for him and this is how he gets thanked. But Jacobe is a emotional kid who has favored four different schools during this period. This is long way from being over if Jimmy wants to battle.

@sonics1993 What was the exception Pete made for Jacobe? Grades, school flip-flopping uncertainty, absence of family/Mom blessing?
    My random guess on exception would be take his commitment and still allow him to take visits but just a guess.
  • Options
    DoogCouricsDoogCourics Member Posts: 5,739
    Beno4Life said:

Likely allowing Jacobe to take an unofficial to ASU with his teammates and friends to show them support.

Cam Williams did it last year with his teammates at USC and never wavered.
  • Options
    Fear_BonerFear_Boner Member Posts: 756
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    edited October 2019

Why do you still post on DM? And is there a desire by Jimmy to fight or are we moving on? Doesn’t seem to me like Ringo will happen, so what’s next?
  • Options
    insinceredawginsinceredawg Member Posts: 5,117
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    With the up and down play of Taylor and Molden this year I think there's a good chance both of them come back. We may only lose Bryant and a transfer (Gilchrist or Cook most likely) so we might not even have to get another DB in this class.
  • Options
    EmotermanEmoterman Member Posts: 3,333
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

With the up and down play of Taylor and Molden this year I think there's a good chance both of them come back. We may only lose Bryant and a transfer (Gilchrist or Cook most likely) so we might not even have to get another DB in this class.

It will never happen, but I would love a Juco LB.
    https://247sports.com/Player/Caleb-Johnson-46056538/

https://247sports.com/Player/Danthony-Jones-46083141

https://247sports.com/Player/Woodly-Appolon-46083139/

https://247sports.com/Player/Maureese-Wren-93957/

The only ILB on 247 that we would get a sniff from just committed to UCLA... That Asa Turner in the flesh Woodly Appolon (actually 6-4, presumably) does look intriguing, however!
  • Options

Should we assume Jimmy wants to battle for his only blue chip recruit this cycle? (WE <3 U KELEE!)

And what happens when a UW commit tells the coaches he wants to take more visits? Surely they didn't push him to publicly de-commit, did they?
  • Options
    whuggywhuggy Member Posts: 2,088
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Emoterman said:

Should we assume Jimmy wants to battle for his only blue chip recruit this cycle? (WE <3 U KELEE!)

And what happens when a UW commit tells the coaches he wants to take more visits? Surely they didn't push him to publicly de-commit, did they?</p>
    I'm gonna assume they back off and let Jacobe initiate if he still has interest. If that were to happen, no clue, he would be bottom of the list for available spots. Probably only 3 spots left and the staff seems like they want a slot, an ILB and a DL.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited October 2019
    Bread said:

Is Tennessee a juco now?
    Don’t really care about To’oto’o because he will likely sit out a year. We’ll probably be good at LB again by then. We need help next year badly.

I can’t take a full season of watching Sirmon. I need Ah You, Danny Hammer, and Calvert to be good.
  • Options
    FKA_MousecopFKA_Mousecop Member Posts: 2,054
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Bread said:

Is Tennessee a juco now?
    Don’t really care about To’oto’o because he will likely sit out a year. We’ll probably be good at LB again by then. We need help next year badly.

I can’t take a full season of watching Sirmon. I need Ah You, Danny Hammer, and Calvert to be good.
    Ngata and Calvert entices me as a possible combo inside
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,796
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes

Bread said:

Is Tennessee a juco now?

Ngata and Calvert entices me as a possible combo inside
    That sounds beautiful
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    I am praying to Allah that Ariel add 20 pounds in the off season
  • Options
    FirePete said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metenolone_enanthate?wprov=sfla1
  • Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,446
    FirePete said:

Think he's been trying to gain wait but hasn't been able to
  • Options
    sonics1993sonics1993 Member Posts: 1,460
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

He fucked us IMO. @sonics1993 does he still have a spot if he wants to commit again?

Right now yes