Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

UW basketball ?

Comments

• KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,849
    2001400ex said:

Bob_C said:

Tony Bennett

Why would Bennett ever leave Virginia and the ACC?

Because Virginia is a shitty school. There are fifty better jobs in this country than Virginia.

Disagree.

Even if there were 50 better jobs in America, UW isn't one of them.

But do continue to doog it up.
  • LevelParLevelPar Member Posts: 447
    Tequilla said:

You don't have to cheat to be good ...

I wonder what the budget is at Wichita State for their "recruiting" efforts?

I never said "you don't have to cheat to be good"
  • HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    dnc said:

That UConn game was my 2nd biggest fan meltdown ever. Arizona 92 was #1.

FYAAWRITPADOO!!!!!!!!!!!

Or was that Louisville?

Louisville...and that meltdown built up to the Uconn one.
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825
    What's really amusing to me is the fact that there's been so much playback on my comments trying to marginalize my opinion as being part of the lunatic fringe. Really? While I don't care about being "right" as much as some like to think that there's a percentage of the fans that just have to be "right," I tend to be right more often than I'm not.

The question isn't about who you'd hire to replace Romar with - that's why Woodward gets paid what he gets paid.

The first question is whether or not Romar's hitting expectations. And he's clearly not.

The second question is whether there's a belief that Romar can hit those expectations again? And if so, how long do you have to wait to confirm/deny that?

I like some of the things that are in the program - but there's a lot of this program that has lost its way and it's not unreasonable to say that it's lost its identity.

I'd love to have UW season tickets. I'm a basketball guy well before I'm a football guy. But being honest, there's no entertainment value for me in watching UW basketball.
  • According to Kim's logic you shouldn't blame the Mariners piss poor management but blame the fans instead for creating a bad atmosphere.

The Dawgpack was pretty good as of just two years ago with Ross and Wroten, generally in sports especially in Seattle if you give the fans something to cheer about our fans are great. If you give them a bullshit product they'll correctly tune you the fuck out.

Can Woodward find a coach that will be better than Romar from 2004-2010? I don't know. You never know.

But can Woodward find a coach that will be better than Romar in 2013 and 2014? Fuck yes!

Romar probably had his best coaching season in 2009 and ever since then he has greatly underachieved every fucking year since. Just from 2010-2012 his underachieving wasn't as noticeable due to all the great talent that he had.
  • dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    fans are great? wtf, let me introduce you to the 12's
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

dhdawg said:

fans are great? wtf, let me introduce you to the 12's

When they are winning they are very exciting and very loud. Unlike some towns like Atlanta that don't give a shit 100% of the time.

When Seattle has a good team they are always considered the loudest fans in their respective sport.

I also don't get the hate of the 12's. Are they annoying? Sure they are but they make a positive impact. The Seahawks are 17-1 the last two years at home.

Until the 12's enable a decade of losing like the Doogs did I don't have a problem with them. They've also made it so the Seahawks have the best homefield advantage in the entire NFL and perhaps in any major professional sport currently.
    This
    If that's what u mean when u say great fans sure I agree
  • dhdawg said:

generally in sports especially in Seattle if you give the fans something to cheer about our fans are great.

I figured it was pretty self explanatory there. Seattle fans when given a good product are great fans. Very loud, very passionate, very engaging in the game and often have the loudest crowd in their sport.

When they have a shit product the fans are often in "who? what is that?" mode.

Bet most of these latest 12's have no clue Mora was ever head coach for the Hawks.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    edited February 2014

dhdawg said:

generally in sports especially in Seattle if you give the fans something to cheer about our fans are great.

I figured it was pretty self explanatory there. Seattle fans when given a good product are great fans. Very loud, very passionate, very engaging in the game and often have the loudest crowd in their sport.

When they have a shit product the fans are often in "who? what is that?" mode.

Bet most of these latest 12's have no clue Mora was ever head coach for the Hawks who Jim Mora is.
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825
    While we are at it, let's also talk about the fucking students since their lack of "performance" is also talked about as a reason for the BASKETBALL team sucking ... last I checked they don't play on the court.

Bottom line is that the performance of the students in general has been piss poor for the last few years in most sports.

They are fucking butthurt with their movement in football tickets.

They complain that you have to give them an "incentive" to actually go to games - which is a fucking joke ... how about you stupid fucking entitled frat kids go back to sucking on your mommy's tit?

I get that you have to give them a reason to stop studying, drinking, and banging sorority sluts ... normally that's called having a compelling enough reason to go watch the game with those same sorority sluts and having enough fun that you fuck them afterwards.

But the same thing that is being bitched about with respect to the students is the same for the general population. At this point, it'd be less painful for me to cut a $500-$1,000 check to the Athletic Department than subject myself to watching the shit product that is UW hoops.

And while I often hear about people complaining about how much of a commitment it is to buy season tickets, etc., it really isn't. A season ticket costs $500 ... 2 tickets $1,000. For some of us, that's fucking chump change.
  • TailgaterTailgater Member Posts: 1,389
    Huskyfans buying tickets to sit on their hands because their favorite basketball team doesn't or can't excite....... will never be a problem. At least they're there suffering through another season of mediocrity. It's the Huskyfans who've stop buying tickets and attending games that UW's athletic director must obviously be worried about, especially since his basketball coach doesn't give enough of a shit to do something about it. It truly is so frustrating to watch our loser basketball program struggle for no good reason. Time for change is now.
    I was listening to the softy show (yes I should diaff) and softy was literally harder on romar than any of the callers, it's a barrage of excuses "in state talent is down" "we aren't a basketball school" I even heard "every great
    Coach has their downswings" it's pretty clear this guy ain't going anywhere
  • GladstoneGladstone Member Posts: 16,419
    Softy was literally harder huh

Gross