Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

UW basketball ?

Comments

• sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    Gonzaga is a global brand.

... at least that's what Mark Few says.
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 21,570 Swaye's Wigwam
    Gonzaga gets a lot of notoriety in the state because Wazzu and UW give them a helping hand by sucking ass most every year. If you live in WA and you like college basketball who are you going to watch? After Romar got some of the best recruits Seattle has ever seen, he should have kept that momentum going. As has been said, his laziness let us fall back into this 10' turd hole. It's been said a few times on this bored, but if you're UW BB, you're the only basketball team in an urban area that loves the sport. There's no excuse to suck this badly.
  • Mike_HonchoMike_Honcho Member Posts: 214
    Why do you idiots keep referring to the smoking white guys Romar does recruit?

I am talking about the white guys Romar refuses to recruit. One decent white player will keep the brothers in line and make them work harder.

Romar's lack of recruiting quality athletes that are white is creating perineal CBI teams
    Agreed! I'm not saying white is better than black.... Or vice versa.

All I am saying is Romar has an AGENDA. He is raysiss.
  • TailgaterTailgater Member Posts: 1,389
    mobey said:

It gets tiring hearing that we're not a traditional BB power so being MEDIOCRE is fine and dandy.

By that level of expectation, the Hawks should have never won the SB and instead should have been content with being a wild card team every third year.

Romar got the fat contract and got fat and lazy which coupled with his questionable coaching skills is a killer.

Please explain how Mark Flipping Few can get better talent at GU than can be attracted to UW, despite their obvious flameout in the NCAA?

How good would transfers Coleman and Nunez be on an up tempo UW team but somehow decided riding Skellator's bench was better?

Can we pls get a coach for UW ball?

The simple explanation is that UW basketball is and has for most of it's history and tradition been a loser. That's not just a symptom of losing, but a fatal disease. For all those who've tried to get fanatical about our basketball program, it's possible to understand what it must be like to be a football fan or fan of any ball that bounces in Pullmania. Still, living the experience can never be a loser's excuse.

• mobeymobey Member Posts: 3,254
    I don't disagree.

What I do disagree with is the assumption that it's set in stone or that a great coach would have the same results.

Has our past 20 years of football experience not taught us anything about the difference - GOOD OR BAD - that coaching brings to college sports???
    Tailgater said:

mobey said:

It gets tiring hearing that we're not a traditional BB power so being MEDIOCRE is fine and dandy.

By that level of expectation, the Hawks should have never won the SB and instead should have been content with being a wild card team every third year.

Romar got the fat contract and got fat and lazy which coupled with his questionable coaching skills is a killer.

Please explain how Mark Flipping Few can get better talent at GU than can be attracted to UW, despite their obvious flameout in the NCAA?

How good would transfers Coleman and Nunez be on an up tempo UW team but somehow decided riding Skellator's bench was better?

The simple explanation is that UW basketball is and has for most of it's history and tradition been a loser. That's not just a symptom of losing, but a fatal disease. For all those who've tried to get fanatical about our basketball program, it's possible to understand what it must be like to be a football fan or fan of any ball that bounces in Pullmania. Still, living the experience can never be a loser's excuse.

• TommySQCTommySQC Member Posts: 5,813
    Tailgater said:

mobey said:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WN-aCYVVtyo
  • PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,556 Swaye's Wigwam
    Romar needs to be canned at the end of the season.
  • PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,556 Swaye's Wigwam

I said a couple years ago and I say it again.... Romar is a racist. His racism is beginning to show in wins and losses.

I haven't seen this fucking idiot since the original HHB bored.
  • Bob_CBob_C Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,264 Swaye's Wigwam
  • 2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    Bob_C said:

Tony Bennett

That's actually a pretty damn good idea. I want romar out as our coach, but would like to keep him in our program. He's a husky. The only thing I don't like about Bennett is he'll leave as soon as a better opportunity comes along like dude brah.

I said a couple years ago and I say it again.... Romar is a racist. His racism is beginning to show in wins and losses.

It's a pleasure to see you again also.

• CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,971 Founders Club

I hear the basketball bored is great.

We have a basketball bored?
  • sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    Bob_C said:

Tony Bennett

Why would Bennett ever leave Virginia and the ACC?

• 2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457

Bob_C said:

Tony Bennett

Because Virginia is a shitty school. There are fifty better jobs in this country than Virginia.

It's a pleasure to see you again also.

I always figured you were NegaDawg/More_Time
  • TailgaterTailgater Member Posts: 1,389

Bob_C said:

Tony Bennett

Duke, North Carolina, and now Syracuse? The BB coach UW desperately needs will require a truck load of money, enough that can't be refused by an experienced coach looking for a step up in competition, not just a reason to run away from it.

• mobeymobey Member Posts: 3,254
    Need to find an up and coming coach and pay him.

Tailgater said:

Bob_C said:

Tony Bennett

Duke, North Carolina, and now Syracuse? The BB coach UW desperately needs will require a truck load of money, enough that can't be refused by an experienced coach looking for a step up in competition, not just a reason to run away from it.